Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
And racists claim that God says racial equality is wrong. Does this make the civil rights act or interracial marriage wrong?
Still spewing the same old tired argument huh?

Two different things. Just because racists did it and were wrong doesn't mean we are wrong.

You really should get off this racism obsession of yours and try to think through the argument, Bigbadwolf. You might learn something.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2004
Mount Airy, NC
Visit site
✟1,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OH boy. Seems like we focus more entirely on bashing other people with different beliefs, orientations and what have you, and discredit our ownselves. It's really sad. No wonder so many people despise Christians, they love to pick apart everyone else's life and beliefs, but can't do the same for theirselves.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we should allow gay marriage... it's a matter of fairness. :) Homosexuals form relationships just like heterosexuals do, and these relationships have the same needs... that's why both should be treated equally. :)

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
uhmmm it doesn't mean you're right either. :sorry:
tulc(so what's your point?) :confused:
Circular reasoning gets us nowhere.
"doesn't mean you're right"
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"

"doesn't mean I'm wrong"

When will it end?

Upvote 0

mooduck1

Dec 7, 2006
✟16,270.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I find it offesive that the government feels it has the right to require me to get a licence to marry anyone! I'm a strait, married bible believing , God fearing Christian but I do not think it is the role of goverment to be involved so deeply in a person's personal life! If the Goverment wants to establish 'civil unions' for the purposes of Taxes Etc, fine!!! But I say - stay the heck out of HOLY matrimony - Leave that up to the churhces synagogs, mosques and covens.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

Personally, I find it offesive that the government feels it has the right to require me to get a licence to marry anyone! I'm a strait, married bible believing , God fearing Christian but I do not think it is the role of goverment to be involved so deeply in a person's personal life! If the Goverment wants to establish 'civil unions' for the purposes of Taxes Etc, fine!!! But I say - stay the heck out of HOLY matrimony - Leave that up to the churhces synagogs, mosques and covens.

Exactly my point- and said with much greater brevity.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No but a grown adult should be able to do two things.
One, come up with an original argument and two, be able to distinguish between the radical differences of being left handed and being gay.

IOW, no argument. Yet both were or are considered wrong by those mired in prejudices. So today, we recognize that doing such things as forcing left-handed people to become right-handed is cruel and stupid. Yet we have a subculture that recommends doing that to LGBTs. In that sense the only difference is society has become enlightened about left-handedness but we have a sizable subculture here that takes an uninformed view of homosexuality and feels self-righteous about doing that.

Upvote 0

joyinhislife

Jan 8, 2008
✟15,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, excuse me. It would seem that I have stumbled onto a debate, rather than a discussion. I thought that this was a sharing of opinions and godly beliefs, rather than the bashing I see going on here. It seems I was wrong. This is growing more pointless.........yet another argument over who is wrong, and who can belittle whom. Sorry to those of you who have not done this, but this is not what I came here for. If I wanted my hair blown back, I would use my blow-dryer. I will be sorry for this tomorrow, but this is enough. God bless you................

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Circular reasoning gets us nowhere.
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"
"doesn't mean I'm wrong"

"doesn't mean I'm wrong"

When will it end?

I agree, so why don't we both quit doing it and we can proceed? :confused:
tulc(that was sort of my point, poorly expressed that it was)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BigBadWlf

No but a grown adult should be able to do two things.
One, come up with an original argument and two, be able to distinguish between the radical differences of being left handed and being gay.
You are saying you want an original argument.

I have asked multiple times in these forums for an argument justifying discrimination against gays and lesbians that are not arguments historically and currently presented by those advocating racism.
So far...nothing original has been presented

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Heh. You just said inborn traits.
Murderers and alcoholics are supposed inborn traits as well and I say there's one heck of a difference between someone who's left handed and a murderer.
Unless you think all left handed people are homosexual?
Left handed men and women are three times more likely to be homosexual than right handed.

Blanchard, Ray; Lippa, Richard A. “The sex ratio of older siblings in non-right-handed homosexual men .” Archives of Sexual Behavior (2006): in press. Abstract available at

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Still spewing the same old tired argument huh?

Two different things. Just because racists did it and were wrong doesn't mean we are wrong.

You really should get off this racism obsession of yours and try to think through the argument, Bigbadwolf. You might learn something.
And I have asked you multiple times if racists arguments are wrong, why do you use those same arguments?
Why is it wrong when a racists uses the same argument that you are using?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
You are saying you want an original argument.

I have asked multiple times in these forums for an argument justifying discrimination against gays and lesbians that are not arguments historically and currently presented by those advocating racism.
So far...nothing original has been presented
It could be answered if it were prejudice. Some of us are capable of more then two dimensional thought and some of us aren't.
Once you get into a more rational line of questioning you'll have your answer.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
To inviolable et al... "because its new" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to condemn something to me.

People want to do something, so why stop them? Better have a better reason that "because I am uncomfortable with the idea"
I want to go in my neighbor's house and take their plasma TV. Should I do it? Why stop me?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to go in my neighbor's house and take their plasma TV. Should I do it? Why stop me?

Um... because theft can demonstrably be shown to harm your neighbour (financially) without his consent? How does recognising homosexual marriage harm any non-consenting third party?

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Isn't this all rather a red herring unless you contend that recognising homosexual marriage is going to lead to heterosexual men being forced to have penises in their mouths?

Seriously, how is homosexual marriage going to effect you, personally?
I don't know, probably and hopefully it wont. But it certainly isnt a red herring. Thats like asking me if I think a pyromaniac should be allowed to run around with a blow torch and a gallon of gas.

Maybe they should be allowed to do so. I don't know what the pyro is going to do. I do know that the thought of my house burning really sux so I wouldn't want to see a pyro any where near my home.

What makes you think homosexuality would be any different?
It isn't that homosexuals burn things down sure... They're not destructive.
But the thought of gay sex still lingers and it does make people question your motives.
If you cant understand how disturbing it is then how can you understand that other people really want nothing to do with it?

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Um... because theft can demonstrably be shown to harm your neighbour (financially) without his consent? How does recognising homosexual marriage harm any non-consenting third party?
It does not harm me personally, but it is still sin. And I cannot in my right mind or good conscience vote for anything that promotes sin, I cannot endorse sin, and I cannot approve of sin.

Upvote 0