Fort Lauderdale
✟25,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A abortion pro-choice activist wanted me to sign abortion petition and I denied it and kept walking I told a Christian friend about it and he told me I did the wrong thing. He told me I should’ve denied it and after that and tell the activists that they are promoting sin and explain how wrong abortion is. Should I have done or all that or did i do the right thing or was there another option?

• Winner
Reactions: DJWhalen

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should find out if the 'Activist" is a born again Christian,

If not, then show them how to become one., as once God changes their heart, THEN they will begin to see that abortion is "murder committed in the womb".
But until their heart is changed, they will only see "women's right to choose".

And you have to use wisdom in this situation, as if you see and hear that they become enflamed, and even vicious, then let it go.
If you dont, you will just drive them farther away from Christ and deeper into their "abortion rights" mindset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You did the right thing: say 'no', and keep walking. This is an issue about which people -- including Christians -- disagree. An argument on the sidewalk would have been a waste of everyone's time.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
A abortion pro-choice activist wanted me to sign abortion petition and I denied it and kept walking I told a Christian friend about it and he told me I did the wrong thing. He told me I should’ve denied it and after that and tell the activists that they are promoting sin and explain how wrong abortion is. Should I have done or all that or did i do the right thing or was there another option?
Pray for them. Telling them they are sinful will only make them angry.

Upvote 0

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis
✟16,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Pray for them. Telling them they are sinful will only make them angry.

I would tell them I am a Christian... tell them that abortion is murder on the unborn... I don't care about anger.. don't like it, tough.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would tell them I am a Christian... tell them that abortion is murder on the unborn... I don't care about anger.. don't like it, tough.
They'll just scream, call you a hypocrite, and claim you hate women. Typical.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis
✟16,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
They'll just scream, call you a hypocrite, and claim you hate women. Typical.

I have been scream at before, I'm a old school redneck and I say my mind.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When someone starts screaming, it means they usually lost the argument. But I am getting off topic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟25,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gr
You should find out if the 'Activist" is a born again Christian,

If not, then show them how to become one., as once God changes their heart, THEN they will begin to see that abortion is "murder committed in the womb".
But until their heart is changed, they will only see "women's right to choose".
Great answer.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'll be honest "activists" are true believers in whatever they are promoting....

It's never for them you speak when you debate, it's for those who might hear them, those people the activists are trying to convince. (This is why you debate in front of crowds).

If it's something where it's just yourself and an activist alone, at best you might just mention that your not signing because abortion is against your faith.

If they engage with a comment or question, then have the conversation about the value of life and salvation through Christ...

But you don't need to engage in the first place... You won't lose your "Christian" card because you don't think you're qualified to take on a "true believer". It can be like having a debate with Satan...

If you feel led to do so it would be different because then perhaps someone needs to hear you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You did the right thing: say 'no', and keep walking. This is an issue about which people -- including Christians -- disagree. An argument on the sidewalk would have been a waste of everyone's time.
I disagree.

It is irrelevant whether it is a waste of time (according to...?)

The thing is that Jesus told us to evangelize. Do I do that perfectly? No, but I do it and God can plant and water the seeds I sow and that's about all I can do.

I have missed many opportunities in life by just walking away, not engaging, not trying to lead people to Christ except maybe by mentioning His name or whatever. I tell myself it is not my forte to do the same thing some other person may do, and yet, I see cowardice in me sometimes

and that is not good. So I have talks with myself and the Lord and try tochange

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
that's probably what I would have done. I am getting bolder all the time because I realize, for one, that people are just terribly misled these days about all kinds of issues. And if I don't say something to defy the evil they are doing, well, I can just accuse myself of being part of the problem as opposed to the solution

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It's good when people scream at you. It means they have lost and they know they have lost.

Anyone looking on will think so, I am sure. Of course, people kind of lose their ability to rationalize when the topic is abortion

sigh

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree.

It is irrelevant whether it is a waste of time (according to...?)

The thing is that Jesus told us to evangelize.

And Jesus told you to be "wise" when you deal with many situations in Real Life.

And to be UN-Wise, to be FOOLISH, is to engage someone who is pre-programmed to become inflamed when a "Christian" tries to Talk to them about "killing babies", under the guise of "evangelism".

You have to discern them....... you have to be sensitive to their initial reaction, regarding "Jesus speak".

So, Don't continue that "Jesus" conversation...... if they instantly become enflamed...., as the end result of that will be that you push them farther away from Christ and drive them deeper into their "women's right to choose" mental stronghold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sharon Hayes

BigRoost
Jun 13, 2015
✟9,508.00
Faith
Christian
It you're don't mind being confrontational, then yes. Most people aren't, and those that aren't can pray the Lord will guide them to someone they would hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums