Scientists seek to understand why animals act strange during a solar eclipse and are asking the public to document their behavior

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟353,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
That's true.

I think you're five hours ahead of EDT.

Sorry about that.

Even worse, our next one isn't until 2090 apparently. Parts of the UK will get a partial eclipse on the 8th of April but not anywhere near me.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Scientists observed odd zoo animal behavior during totality in Fort Worth

From CNN's Taylor Nicioli

Strange animal behaviors have been observed at the Fort Worth Zoo during totality, according to researchers stationed in Texas.
One of the most bizarre animal observations reported during the 2017 total solar eclipse was of giraffes at other facilities gathering in a herd and beginning to gallop. The giraffes did not gallop this year at the Fort Worth Zoo, but they did huddle together and attempt to enter their nighttime enclosures.

• Informative
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Scientists observed odd zoo animal behavior during totality in Fort Worth

From CNN's Taylor Nicioli

Strange animal behaviors have been observed at the Fort Worth Zoo during totality, according to researchers stationed in Texas.
One of the most bizarre animal observations reported during the 2017 total solar eclipse was of giraffes at other facilities gathering in a herd and beginning to gallop. The giraffes did not gallop this year at the Fort Worth Zoo, but they did huddle together and attempt to enter their nighttime enclosures.

Scientists observed odd zoo animal behaviour during totality in Fort Worth.

They attempted to enter their nighttime enclosures.

Okay then.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,737,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So the birds got very quiet while it was darkening. Some were flying very low and others like hawks were just sort of circling. I heard an owl. Deer that were active in the morning disappeared. Insects that were pollinating flowers were acting sluggish. The frogs in the pond started singing as if it were evening. It was sort of spooky how quiet everything got until I heard the owl and frogs. As soon as it started to get lighter, the birds were chirping as if it were dawn. The frogs quieted down and robins started hopping on our yard again. The insects started acting normal and attending to the flowers.It just seemed like everything was thrown off for a bit not sure what to do during that short period of time. Although the birds started to get quiet before the totality like they sensed it was coming. Squirrels just flat out disappeared. It’s amazing how quickly animals can tuck themselves away and how quiet they can get so quickly only to reanimate just as quickly as soon as the sunshine returned. I know it’s not earth shattering but being in the midst of it in the woods was a very unique experience.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
<reads headline>

See? People are animals.

Georgia Woman claims "God" directed her to shoot cars on I-10 in Florida during eclipse

• Monday, Florida Highway Patrol took a 22-year-old woman from Georgia into custody after they said she shot at cars on Interstate 10 in Florida's pandhandle.
  • The woman had recently checked out of a local hotel and told the staff she was going on a shooting spree, directed by “God” in relation to the solar eclipse.
[She shot at least two cars, grazing one driver and hitting another in the neck.]

The suspect, identified as Taylon Nichelle Celestine, 22, of Georgia, was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Holmes County Jail where she was booked on the following charges:

• Attempted Murder
  • Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon
  • Improper Discharge of Firearm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,801.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

Georgia Woman claims "God" directed her to shoot cars on I-10 in Florida during eclipse

• Monday, Florida Highway Patrol took a 22-year-old woman from Georgia into custody after they said she shot at cars on Interstate 10 in Florida's pandhandle.
  • The woman had recently checked out of a local hotel and told the staff she was going on a shooting spree, directed by “God” in relation to the solar eclipse.
[She shot at least two cars, grazing one driver and hitting another in the neck.]

The suspect, identified as Taylon Nichelle Celestine, 22, of Georgia, was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Holmes County Jail where she was booked on the following charges:

• Attempted Murder
What a mess! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Georgia Woman claims "God" directed her to shoot cars on I-10 in Florida during eclipse.

I'm just wondering if this surprises evolutionists.

I mean ... if we're animals, isn't some kind of oddball behavior expected?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It’s amazing how quickly animals can tuck themselves away and how quiet they can get so quickly only to reanimate just as quickly as soon as the sunshine returned.

I guess we're exceptions, aren't we? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

• Attempted Murder
Lunacy!

• Winner
Reactions: SelfSim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟578,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This must be what the movie Gremlins was inspired by.

1000002958.jpg

Upvote 0