JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is deaf, dumb, blind and lame to some degree. It's those who find the grace to over come the human condition to recover what was lost, that amaze us the most. So many collages now as days are determined to turn out cookie cutter secular humanists. It would be refreshing to see someone come out of collage with more freedom and less bondage then what they had when they went in.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Would you care to back up this statement with examples?

What is there to back up? Just look up secular humanism in the dictionary and you will see that is what our education system is all about.

Luke 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

When we come to Jesus our spiritual senses are opened. Actually, there are six spiritual senses.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I work as a parent member for my districts special ed comm-I am not paid. There are many christian teachers and staff there and it is public school-rural about 1500 students k-12. At the high school chorous concert over half the numbers were religous and every year the Halleluiah chorous is sung. The parents have made it known they want this sort of thing. Even at graduation there are prayers and one year my friends son sang a gospel song. So I may be where you live. Stand up for what you want and you may be surprised at the number of parents who would back you.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Stand up for what you want and you may be surprised at the number of parents who would back you.

The problem is not so much on a local level, the problem is at the supreme court. So many of their decisions are split. The reason for this is, that the court is split, half pagan and half heathen (secular humanist) There may have been some of the justices who started off with some marginal christian beliefs when they were appointed, but it did not amount to anything after they got settled in.

Of course God wants to save pagans and heathens. He is working in their life to try and draw them to Himself.

Upvote 0

stu

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟1,277.00
well lets see..

I my self attend a "church college" so to speak.. nearly everyone is christian.. out of about 955 i would say that 945 of them are christians there is one hinduist, and i bet a few others of other religions, and there is a small group of about 5 who make up the agnostic/atheist group to which i am one. so no at my college they try to turn out good christian citizens with a good liberal arts education...

To come to my point...

<<<What is there to back up? >>>
a good deal. for example it is hard to publish a book without support for your conjecture. these days unless it is backed up with proof, That is unless it is Fiction

So I wish to see your proof... Because if you prove it with factual proof I would then agree with your point here.. :)

you make an arbitrary statement, sure maybe thats what it looks like but maybe it is just the regions that you live in, or the more promenint indivuduals these days come from these 'secular huminist' tradtions. besides what is wrong with secular humanism...christianity is tolerent right? if you want to have a religious education by all means find a school that teachs as such.. THEY EXIST STILL.I attend one..

i dislike the way some christians open their mouths and think that they have got it completely right on any subject at anytime...for once admit you MIGHT be wrong...

glad to be an agnostic
stu

Upvote 0

sunshine

May 25, 2002
Toronto
✟8,963.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I went through public education all my life, and just graduated from a public university. In my experience, I didn't find that people were "cookie cutter" thinkers at all, to the contrary! University teaches you to really expand your own ideas and think for yourself. I was never felt pressured to think in a certain way. Public education and University encourage and promote a diverse student body, which works wonderfully as long as people are respectful of eachother.
How can one say they are truly educated until they are exposed to different beliefs, ideas, and ways of thinking?

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats right sunshine, I too am doing my degree and find it invigorating and challenging and is making me go back to my bible and read more books to back up the statements I make in my essays, in fact for one paper I am going to be doing a research project on indigenous christianity which I think the tutor will find interesting. I am quite a confident person though so I don't know if this makes a difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums