NSW
✟20,884.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
For many years, I was being verbally and mentally abused at home, And I do not have access to iron rich food the past weeks . By mom decide everything including the food at home, She was unhappy if I order food that suits me. Because of her mental illness she is unhappy if the refrigerator is full . Please pray I could have a good sleep. Today we just have a big clash. My fault is failing to ignore her though she appears to be bad temper without a valid reason. I should keep quiet because she think she is the God at home. I hope God would forgive her attempt to block God's work and to treat her self as God over me. I also asked the lord to forgive me for failing to keep quiet when she appeared mad . My dad is the person she love and adore the most at home . She cook all healthy food exclusively for him He eat at another time. So I have no access to the food he is eating. It has been yearsssss I didn't eat fish at home. Foruntately, I can still eat sushi I should offer a good testimony but I regret I can't ....She say her relationship with her husband is has a higher ranking than her relation with me, Hope my blood test is okay despite lack of iron food at home

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟877,081.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praying you will be able to get out of this situation and into a safe place, possibly your own apartment or shared one with a friend. Praying that you can get the nutrition you need in good healthy food. God bless.

Reactions: William J
Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God Bless you Staysafe.

I can't offer any advice in this thread, but I pray that Father God will soften your Mother's heart and allow a different Godly view, through you, to enable a change in your household. May God's peace blow like a fresh wind throughout your household, enabling all to see things clearly and to join together in activities that will benefit everyone. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟73,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For many years, I was being verbally and mentally abused at home, And I do not have access to iron rich food the past weeks . By mom decide everything including the food at home, She was unhappy if I order food that suits me. Because of her mental illness she is unhappy if the refrigerator is full . Please pray I could have a good sleep. Today we just have a big clash. My fault is failing to ignore her though she appears to be bad temper without a valid reason. I should keep quiet because she think she is the God at home. I hope God would forgive her attempt to block God's work and to treat her self as God over me. I also asked the lord to forgive me for failing to keep quiet when she appeared mad . My dad is the person she love and adore the most at home . She cook all healthy food exclusively for him He eat at another time. So I have no access to the food he is eating. It has been yearsssss I didn't eat fish at home. Foruntately, I can still eat sushi I should offer a good testimony but I regret I can't ....She say her relationship with her husband is has a higher ranking than her relation with me, Hope my blood test is okay despite lack of iron food at home
It can be difficult when we find ourselves in abusive situations where family members are the abusers. Just because your mom have a mental illness doesn't mean you don't feel hurt; it still hurts.

However, God knows the exact situation you are in and He wants us to produce fruit in these situations, that is, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, to be conformed to the image of His Son, Romans 8:29. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, Galatians 5:22-23.

In order to produce those fruits, we have to encounter difficult situations that God calls chastisement. And He says if we are not chastised, we are none of His, Hebrews 12:8.

Through difficult situations, which are chastisements, God shows us that we don't have the correct heart in these situations. Not that you are wrong purposely; God has put away His judgment of us because of Christ Jesus, yet, we are still asked to be holy before Him in all situations, 1 Peter 1:15-16. So the conforming God does is to transform us by the renewing our minds, Romans 12:2, to produce the fruits He desires, James 1:18, John 15:8, John 15:2-5. The fruits are the Fruit of the Spirit.

Although it can be very difficult, but this is why we count it all joy when we find ourselves in these types of situations that creates temptation in us James 1:2-5. These temptations are our emotions and desires, and God wants to transform these desires to be of the Fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

As we struggle to do the right thing in these difficult situations directed toward us, such as persecutions, defamation, having been betrayed, envy, hate, whatever it is, when we FALL, we are not to judge ourselves. We are to know that our old sin nature is being conformed to the Image of God's Son, and it is God Who is dong the work on us.

May God bless you and give you peace in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0