Finland
✟118,713.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Poland: "How can we protect ourselves from this wildfire NATO started?" "I know. Let's ask NATO to dump a bunch more gasoline on it. Yeah, that's the ticket!"
That's a funny way to spell Russia.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,156,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Poland: "How can we protect ourselves from this wildfire NATO started?" "I know. Let's ask NATO to dump a bunch more gasoline on it. Yeah, that's the ticket!"
Last time I checked Russia started it. Yes it was partly in response to the fear of NATO expansion, but mainly due to Putin's delusions of rebuilding the Soviet Union.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,156,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟878,175.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your absolutely right! He's actually on record in his speeches calling for the restoration of the Russian Empire, bigger than the Soviet Union .

Wow. This is the worst bit of clickbait I've seen all day. The title of the article is "Putin’s dark designs: Restore the pre-1917 Russian empire", and the article says literally nothing about that.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,440,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Putin invades Ukraine, with the help of Belarus.

Putiin places tatical nuclear weapons in Belarus, Poland's eastern neigbhor....and Poland is at fault?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟878,175.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Putin invades Ukraine, with the help of Belarus.

Putiin places tatical nuclear weapons in Belarus, Poland's eastern neigbhor....and Poland is at fault?
NATO is at fault.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,271,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Last time I checked Russia started it. Yes it was partly in response to the fear of NATO expansion, but mainly due to Putin's delusions of rebuilding the Soviet Union.

He doesn't want to rebuild the Soviet Union. He's drawing from Russian nationalist theory, which sees the Russian empire as the model. Which means Poland is, in their mind, not entitled to sovereignty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,823.00
Faith
Pentecostal
He doesn't want to rebuild the Soviet Union. He's drawing from Russian nationalist theory, which sees the Russian empire as the model. Which means Poland is, in their mind, not entitled to sovereignty.
Yeah I don't think he wants to rebuild the Soviet Union where it comes to a Communist Soviet Union. Your comment is indicative though of a thought process that Putin wants an empire as the old SSR had, without the Communist authority. It's an imperialist Russia Empire.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,823.00
Faith
Pentecostal
NATO is at fault.
I don't think it's NATOS fault. In seeing what Putin has been doing his desire for Russian control of areas is pretty obvious, starting with Ukraine. Puttin is saber rattling warning people to leave Russia be. Let them have their way. If he has any concern of NATO it's probably a fear they may interfere with his plans to expand the Russian Empire. We still are not sure how the Ukraine situation will finally play out, but he has now seen that the west is likely to get involved o e way or another with Russian expansionism.

Upvote 0