✟16,283.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Cris.

I live with a dog named Andy. He is 11 years old, almost 12, which I know is kind of old for a dog (but not too old). He's a brown Cocker Spaniel. A few days ago he was diagnosed with severe kidney problems and now he can barely move, he spends most of the day resting and often crying in pain, and he barely eats, and refuses to eat the few meals that should help him with his condition. The vet was not very optimistic and his last test results weren't good, but she said there's maybe a chance if he starts eating the few types of food his kidneys can process, which he hasn't eaten yet.

I beg you to please take a moment to pray for him, I wish he would get better so we can spend more time together and I wish he would stop suffering. It's heart breaking to see him like this day after day and I'm not ready to say good bye. I know what matters in the end is God's will but I hope with all my might that I can see a miracle and that God would help my dog recover and feel better again.

He is my best friend. I've never had many close relationships to human friends and I've always been kind of a loner, but Andy was always there for me. He cares so much about my feelings and my well-being, probably a lot more than I do for him. He always wanted to comfort me when he could sense that I was feeling sad, he would hang out with me and press his nose or his paw against me. We have shared many experiences and memories. I feel like he even has the same sense of humor as me when he would play with me or when he barked at certain neighborhood dogs or people. I couldn't have been blessed with a better dog, I love him.

I don't know if I was ever a Christian or a Catholic but it's the only religion I know since it's the one my parents taught me and I've only been a part of Catholic church groups in the past. I don't know how to pray correctly so I've only been praying the Rosary and some prayers to Saints that I have found on the Internet (St Expeditus and St Anthony Abbot). I've always had too many doubts about Christianity and I can't make sense of some of its teachings so I think I align myself with pantheism by default. But at the same time in this time of desperation I don't know who to ask for help other than God, hoping He exists and that He listens to my prayers, and hoping that if that is the case then He doesn't feel angry at me for the fact that I only search for Him now that I'm in facing this struggle.
I have only posted some questions in this forum many years ago but I forgot my previous username. I'm sorry for creating another account now.

Thank you for taking the time to check this forum post.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We're all praying for Andy!! I truly hope he is hanging in. Try to make it as easy as possible to eat. Everything pureed. Any kind of soup watered down. Baby food, meat with or without vegys. As long as it is pureed. Years ago someone told me to use children's liquid Tylenol for their dog. I did use it when I thought he was in pain with no adverse affects. But you might want to Google that.
Bless you both with good health and happiness!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hair

Aug 31, 2022
Wilde
✟16,283.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks a million for your prayers and your kind comments, friends. Unfortunately Andy passed away He got progressively very sick on Thursday and started having seizures and he was in a lot more pain than before (he kept crying and screaming). We asked 3 vets, 2 said he had no chances of getting better and the third one said his chances were extremely tiny (with a treatment that required him being alone for too long) because he had too many bad health signs by now. In the end my parents and I made the decision to euthanize him, something that I still feel bad about because there's no way to know if it was the right choice (although he definitely was suffering too much).
I'm thankful that I spent as much time as possible with him these last few days. His passing on Friday morning made it the absolute worst day of my life so far, I fear that I may never recover from losing him. Part of the shock comes from the realization that he was an absolutely perfect dog for me and my parents, we couldn't have had a better gift than spending almost 12 years with him. Seeing him in so much pain was heartbreaking.
I really wish God had different intentions and that I could have spent some more time with Andy in this life. And I don't want to derail this forum post but I can't help thinking all the time about what happened to him after death, what kind of afterlife (or lack of it) is there for him and for me, if he's okay now, if I can realistically expect some kind of message from him, if he's truly looking after us now like people like to say, and if I will ever see him again.
Again, I really appreciate the encouragement and prayer from all of you, it helped me through these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks a million for your prayers and your kind comments, friends. Unfortunately Andy passed away He got progressively very sick on Thursday and started having seizures and he was in a lot more pain than before (he kept crying and screaming). We asked 3 vets, 2 said he had no chances of getting better and the third one said his chances were extremely tiny because he had too many bad health signs by now. In the end my parents and I made the decision to euthanize him, something that I still feel bad about because there's no way to know if it was the right choice (although he definitely was suffering too much).
I'm thankful that I spent as much time as possible with him these last few days. His passing on Friday morning made it the absolute worst day of my life so far, I fear that I may never recover from losing him. Part of the shock comes from the realization that he was an absolutely perfect dog for me and my parents, we couldn't have had a better gift than spending almost 12 years with him. Seeing him in so much pain was heartbreaking.
I really wish God had different intentions and that I could have spent some more time with Andy in this life. And I don't want to derail this forum post but I can't help thinking all the time about what happened to him after death, what kind of afterlife (or lack of it) is there for him and for me, if he's okay now, if I can realistically expect some kind of message from him, if he's truly looking after us now like people like to say, and if I will ever see him again.
Again, I really appreciate the encouragement and prayer from all of you, it helped me through these days.
I am so sorry! Never doubt you did the best for him. You took his pain away. You did the unselfish thing. As much as it hurt you, you put his best first.
God bless you. You will see him again.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
angel-prayers.gif