Midwest
✟162,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How many here read their Bibles on a regular basis? Among those who do, how do you read it? All the way through? Various books? How many here don’t like to read much of the OT, except for Psalms and Proverbs. I much prefer those two and the NT.

Reactions: DJWhalen

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,260,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
How many here read their Bibles on a regular basis? Among those who do, how do you read it? All the way through? Various books? How many here don’t like to read much of the OT, except for Psalms and Proverbs. I much prefer those two and the NT.
I love Genesis and the OT historical books. The OT gets a lot of my time. Granted not 80% but a lot.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟154,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to read my Bible more often, but when responding to posts, I check an online Bible to quote the right verses. Sometimes I quote the NT, while others the OT.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,260,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I need to read my Bible more often, but when responding to posts, I check an online Bible to quote the right verses. Sometimes I quote the NT, while others the OT.
The Bible needs to be understood as a whole. Don't necessarily do front cover to back cover but read it chronologically.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟154,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible needs to be understood as a whole. Don't necessarily do front cover to back cover but read it chronologically.
I did do a bit of the Bible in a Year podcast, and it helped me understand the Bible more. I should start listening to it again.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,260,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I did do a bit of the Bible in a Year podcast, and it helped me understand the Bible more. I should start listening to it again.
Great. Also look into the Bible Timeline by Jeff Cavins.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,773,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m a regular. But I have been listening a lot lately. I’m a fan of David Suchet reading Scripture. I read quite a bit in the OT as I see a lot of types and shadows foretelling the new. It all works together.

Upvote 0