Nothing new under the sun... at least against evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
This thought sprung to mind on seeing the last pair of threads that got quite quickly (and rightly) shut down that... the Creationist and Intelligent Design side does not really have anything new that they can try and levy against evolution as a science.

Unless I can be proven wrong...

John Lamb

Jan 2, 2024
Douglas IOM
✟2,851.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not evolution though. Evolution deals with life that already exists, not how it started.
Life has to evolve from original dna and dna cannot create itself. Mutations cause decay in original dna within each species to give the illusion of any evolution theories.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Life has to evolve from original dna and dna cannot create itself. Mutations cause decay in original dna within each species to give the illusion of any evolution theories.

I keep seeing that claim, 'mutations cause decay in DNA', and have not once seen anyone give a single shred of evidence to back it up.

And either way, all this is is just reinforcing my point.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This comes under the heading of 'not even wrong'. Why do people who know nothing about genetics try to make arguments based on genetics?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thought sprung to mind on seeing the last pair of threads that got quite quickly (and rightly) shut down that... the Creationist and Intelligent Design side does not really have anything new that they can try and levy against evolution as a science.

How may ways does it have to be wrong before it's wrong?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
How may ways does it have to be wrong before it's wrong?

Before I answer, I just want some clarification: which one is wrong? Because I know that on some level you do hold umbrage with Intelligent Design in some manner but I can't remember the specifics.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, actually, it is.

Would you like to see the Stanford chart again?

Ever heard of chemical evolution?

Attempting to muddy the waters, as per your usual. It should be obvious that in this case I am talking about biological evolution, not any other form of evolution you say exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before I answer, I just want some clarification: which one is wrong? Because I know that on some level you do hold umbrage with Intelligent Design in some manner but I can't remember the specifics.

I was talking about your biological evolution.

How many times does your biological evolution have to be wrong before it's wrong?

Why are you stating there's no new arguments against, as if we have to come up with something new every so often?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I was talking about your biological evolution.

How many times does your biological evolution have to be wrong before it's wrong?

Why are you stating there's no new arguments against, as if we have to come up with something new every so often?

The only thing that defeats your claim is that biological evolution has yet to be shown to be wrong. There's been CLAIMS that it's wrong, but not one single person has SHOWN it to be wrong.

To be shown as wrong, it only has to be shown to be wrong once and only once.

And I was saying that there's no new arguments against it because there has been no new arguments. It's just the same insipid claims and false arguments made against it. I was just slightly hoping that we would eventually see something new and novel.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evolution just means ‘change’. What are you trying to prove, atheism?
In the context of a forum about creation and evolution, 'evolution' means biological evolution and more specifically the descent of various species from common ancestors.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Evolution just means ‘change’. What are you trying to prove, atheism?

Yes, evolution does mean change, that is very correct. And no, I'm not trying to prove atheism since atheism is a religious belief, or rather the lack of a religious belief. Evolution is merely the name given to the biological process of how life changes in response to environmental pressures.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
-
Nothing new is needed, the creation account written in Genesis some 1500- 2000 B.C. is all that is needed. Now all that is needed is to wait till this deception, is shown for what it is.

So you say.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,004,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Stevie don’t wonder, Stevie knows dna cannot make itself.
Snowflakes and galaxies are the results of a natural process.

Why not DNA?

OB

Upvote 0

J_B_

I have answers to questions no one ever asks.
May 15, 2020
Midwest
✟110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Is that your only interest for this thread? Arguments from ID/Creationism against evolution as a whole?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟312,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Though not evolution strictly speaking, but definitely under creation, there has been from my perception a renewed focus on abiogensis.

But the last "innovation" I can think of in the creationist community would be the rebranding as "intelligent design" with "specified complexity".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.