Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have no Holy Spirit conviction over my sin. None whatsoever. I do have a little guilt though. I have been actively seeking Christ for a few months now.
Some people have a very high threshold for feeling empathy towards others , themselves and God. You say " none whatsoever " yet you also say "I have a little guilt" so meditate on that tiny bit of remorse you feel , as I believe this is where He is doing His work in you. If you continue to seek Him in true humility and not quench His Holy Spirit ,He will help you achieve true repentance through His Holy Spirit then you will begin to overcome doubt.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have no Holy Spirit conviction over my sin. None whatsoever. I do have a little guilt though. I have been actively seeking Christ for a few months now.
I don't get it. If you don't believe in God and are not a Christian how can you sin?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't get it. If you don't believe in God and are not a Christian how can you sin?
I would present the atheist Communists who committed atrocities over the last century as Exhibit A. Let me know if you need me to elaborate.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some people have a very high threshold for feeling empathy towards others , themselves and God. You say " none whatsoever " yet you also say "I have a little guilt" so meditate on that tiny bit of remorse you feel , as I believe this is where He is doing His work in you. If you continue to seek Him in true humility and not quench His Holy Spirit ,He will help you achieve true repentance through His Holy Spirit then you will begin to overcome doubt.
Blessings.
Thank you for the encouragement. A hardened heart is not easily to be softened as Spurgeon stated in the removal of the stony heart sermon. I should read about repentance, forever If need be. :)

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would present the atheist Communists who committed atrocities over the last century as Exhibit A. Let me know if you need me to elaborate.
Far be it from me to tell you a Christian about sin; but sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. It is not the same as a heinous act. Sin can certainly include (and I submit does) all heinous acts but sin also includes non heinous acts like picking up sticks on Friday night or Saturday. It also includes sex outside of marriage: both are not heinous acts). And in reverse, keeping slaves is not a sin but is surely a heinous act.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟616,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you committed the unpardonable sin you'd be mocking Christ rather than seeking him.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You haven't committed the unforgivable sin or you simply wouldn't be seeking the Lord.
You'd have absolutely no urge to whatsoever,
Someone only seeks the LORD when drawn by him.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You haven't committed the unforgivable sin or you simply wouldn't be seeking the Lord.
You'd have absolutely no urge to whatsoever,
Someone only seeks the LORD when drawn by him.
You are correct, if I was truly unforgivable I would not be seeking God in any way shape or form!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Far be it from me to tell you a Christian about sin; but sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. It is not the same as a heinous act. Sin can certainly include (and I submit does) all heinous acts but sin also includes non heinous acts like picking up sticks on Friday night or Saturday. It also includes sex outside of marriage: both are not heinous acts). And in reverse, keeping slaves is not a sin but is surely a heinous act.
This is self-contradictory, and dodging the example of the atheist Communists. They sinned, and they sinned a lot with their injustice, with their lies, with their persecution of the church, with their torture, with their man-made famines, etc. Those who do not repent and come to Jesus will surely go to Hell.

Upvote 0

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"God's love for the worst sinner is greater than God's love for the best saint". Whenever we think others go to hell, it is actually us going to hell. For example, God did not send satan to hell, but is tolerating him until today. God will not send someone to hell because they have a different mode of being. "Jesus" may not work for everybody. A Christian has no interest in making others Christians, but in helping them with what they actually need.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,334.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
This is self-contradictory, and dodging the example of the atheist Communists. They sinned, and they sinned a lot with their injustice, with their lies, with their persecution of the church, with their torture, with their man-made famines, etc. Those who do not repent and come to Jesus will surely go to Hell.
I didn’t say anything about communists.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I didn’t say anything about communists.
I gave them as an example of people who did not believe in God who clearly sinned when you asked if it was even possible for people who do not believe in God to sin.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blessings.
Since I have no Holy Spirit conviction whatsoever but still have guilt. Does that mean it’s too late for me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I have no Holy Spirit conviction whatsoever but still have guilt. Does that mean it’s too late for me?
So you never loved Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blessings.
So you never loved Jesus Christ of Nazareth?
No not truly, He loves me I hope. I think He may have been drawing me. I have had some strangers bring up Jesus to me. In 2020 a man walked up to me and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged 2 believers saying the opposite. Probably an answer to their prayers.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No not truly, He loves me I hope. I think He may have been drawing me. I have had some strangers bring up Jesus to me. In 2020 a man walked up to me and told me “Jesus loves you” after I messaged 2 believers saying the opposite. Probably an answer to their prayers.
His gift of His Holy Spirit is reserved for those who love Him. Yes, He loves us all but it is a reciprocal relationship. Continue seeking to learn how to love Him unconditionally. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
One theologian I admire, once said something like, "When I get to Heaven, I expect that I will be surprised whom I find there, and whom I do not, but most of all I expect I will be surprised to find myself there!"

We seem to be unable to keep from having assumptions concerning what "believing on the Lord Jesus Christ" looks like. Our conscience now accuses us, now justifies us, but God is greater than our conscience.

It may be difficult to do, but try to see this life as being about Christ, and not about you. If indeed God has chosen you for his own, there is nothing you can do to undo what he has determined to accomplish— you have not therefore, committed the unpardonable sin. If, on the other hand, you are not one of his, you are already condemned anyway, because you don't believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. You are afraid, and rightly so, but come to him whether with full emotion or empty feelings. Present yourself as you are to him. He already knows what's going on with you.

"A bruised reed he will not break.
A smoldering wick he will not snuff out."

"He that comes to me, I will certainly not cast out."

Upvote 0