• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Dad passed in April.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi All,
I never ever thought I'd have to post in this area. :sigh:

In March, my Dad had a heart attack while out and about running errands and thankfully someone called the EMS. He at the hospital could remember his name but nothing about happened at first. Mom and I called the last place he had been at doing errands, and found out about it all. The hospital didn't even call us!

He spent a few weeks at one hospital and a few more weeks at a second hospital. In total he had about 3 different severe heart attacks. They had done a lot of damage. The first two he had, he didn't even realize he had had them. He was suppose to have surgery and then rehab. When they felt like he was strong enough he had a mapping done. In recovery he had a reaction to the dye and they couldn't revive him.

He passed on April, 2nd of this year. Our worlds collapsed after this.

My Mom lost her husband of 30 years, and I lost my wonderful Dad. I was always his little girl.

There is still a lot going on, still things needing to be done, and my mom and I just feel helpless a lot of the times.

We aren't a member of a Church currently, and there's no family helping us. Occasionally someone will help with groceries, but nothing too big.

:sigh: I'm not even real sure why I made this post. Im not sure if this forum is just to get your feelings out or for prayer request. So I'm doing both.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟687,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You and you're mom are going through a difficult time. There is no easy answer, but death is a part of life and there is a lot of support out there. (Both secular and religious.) I would recommend looking at some books on grieving and remember it will be different for you and your mom. Also if you feel you need added support there are many good grief counselors. (When my parents died the hospital hooked me up with one.)
I'll pray that both you and your mom find peace. Remember the Lord is always with you.

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry you're going through this. My inbox is always open if you need a listening ear :hug:

Thank you, David. I really appreciate that. :hug:

You and you're mom are going through a difficult time. There is no easy answer, but death is a part of life and there is a lot of support out there. (Both secular and religious.) I would recommend looking at some books on grieving and remember it will be different for you and your mom. Also if you feel you need added support there are many good grief counselors. (When my parents died the hospital hooked me up with one.)
I'll pray that both you and your mom find peace. Remember the Lord is always with you.

Thank you for the link, jacks. :hug: I really appreciate your advice. Mom has said a time or two before that she really would like to go to a grief counselor and maybe it would be good for the both of us.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟908,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I loss my own father in March of this year after a 4.5 year long battle with colon cancer. I miss him a LOT. If you feel you need help I would go to google and type in something like grief support groups in whatever city. Be awear though that SOME groups only will take people who lost their loved one to a particular cause cancer or suicide, for example. Many, however, like the one I attend is at a cancer support center, but feel that pain is pain and will take people who have lost a loved one to ANY cause.

I am sorry for your loss and will pray, but know that you are NOT alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GraceDriven

Jun 1, 2015
✟8,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the most healing thing is to be able to talk about him and tell stories of what you remember about him. My dad had some crazy sayings. He has been gone more than half of my life and occasionally the right instance will pop up and I will hear his words.

Upvote 0

kat1990

Aug 26, 2014
✟7,761.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can understand what your going though. I lost my mom this year as well in January . Grief is never easy to go though. You and your mom are in my thoughts are prayers. I'm not sure what advice to give you but I can tell you'll make it though . Its going to be a hard road but remember you here among friends .

Upvote 0