USA
✟953,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That situation won't stay for long in the total collapse of society even in remote/isolated areas.

You'll find yourself killed or sacrificed. How many places exist as I've described amongst the whole? If you wish to suffer a painful death go for it. There are easier ways to die.

People would still be running cars or even planes and helicopters. Even if they're gone, there'd still be bicycles and I can cover few hundred miles/day in a bicycle with very little water with or without eating.

No they won't and most films show immobility or gridlock. You imagine you'll be able to reach the wealthy because that's what you want. But rest assured you'll get more than a bullet. Why would you subject yourself to that? They play with their food. You've been warned.

Long term survival means expansion. Trust may no longer be a privilege but a luxury. You'll need to create specific rules to prevent untrustworthy persons from taking over because things can be so desperate even help from untrustworthy persons would be needed.

I work in an industry serving the powers. Do you think I've spent this long in their company without knowing who I'm dealing with? I know the number you need to be safe.

~bella

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,103,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If I'm an outsider, that's exactly the place I'd be looking for and probably millions of others like me. It won't take long before you're discovered and eventually overrun. Distance is really not an obstacle in these situations. People would still be running cars or even planes and helicopters. Even if they're gone, there'd still be bicycles and I can cover few hundred miles/day in a bicycle with very little water with or without eating.
The ex-Soviet economist that I mentioned earlier in this thread said that travel became difficult.

He said that one community would pillage another community; and as the government had collapsed; that there was no one to stop them but the community members. He said the communities would often ask (now unemployed) police officers to lead them in defending their communities. The mistrust of outsiders set up large obstacles to free travel.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No they won't and most films show immobility or gridlock. You imagine you'll be able to reach the wealthy because that's what you want. But rest assured you'll get more than a bullet. Why would you subject yourself to that? They play with their food. You've been warned.

That's why I mentioned bicycle. Bicycle is my main form of transport due to near gridlock traffic in our city. I can also skate, run a marathon. If I need to move, it won't be a problem.

What rich people are you talking about? Six figure salaried people or billionaires? Most six figured salary people I know personally don't own guns. I only know of two. They will always admit to me if they own guns or not because when they ask my hobbies, I tell them I used to play FPS games and airsoft which clearly communicates my interest in guns.

Otherwise, I won't get too crazy trying to save myself nor steal things from people in the total collapse of society. I don't have a family of my own (I feel really sorry to those who have if the unthinkable moment comes). Nothing that I have is worth keeping and I can't wait to finally meet God

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The ex-Soviet economist that I mentioned earlier in this thread said that travel became difficult.

He said that one community would pillage another community; and as the government had collapsed; that there was no one to stop them but the community members. He said the communities would often ask (now unemployed) police officers to lead them in defending their communities. The mistrust of outsiders set up large obstacles to free travel.

It's back to the dark ages.

It would be better if you can reach some sort of alliance than fight each other. Usually having a common enemy (or common goal) unites hostile communities together.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟694,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
things can be so desperate even help from untrustworthy persons would be needed

I trust the "untrustworthy" of society a lot of times more than the people running around with their noses in the air as if they are "good".

The "honor among thieves" saying is real. The crackhead types can't be trusted but the rest? You can trust them to be them, and they are true to their word, almost always. I like that myself.

It's like dealing with wild animals, they are themselves, and it's a trustworthy thing. But I like wolves, so there's that... Lol

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟694,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Within America bridges and roads will be taken out first to protect communities from outsiders in any sudden occurrence I'm sure, and each community will have their own standing militia, nearly immediately.

It would probably stay just like that too until the rebuilding occurs.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Within America bridges and roads will be taken out first to protect communities from outsiders in any sudden occurrence I'm sure, and each community will have their own standing militia, nearly immediately.

It would probably stay just like that too until the rebuilding occurs.
I suspect that process is taking place behind the scenes in many rural communities. A very informal structure of community defense is forming, along with loose alliances and embryonic economic and social structures, all just waiting for the EMP, financial crash, or cultural collapse. Phone numbers are being shared, as are Ham Radio call signs and resource databases—probably more than we might think. I find myself glancing around at other shopping carts at the grocery store—people with a bunch of beans, extra items that would store well for more extended periods. My wife points and whispers, "There is a prepper, I betcha." I know of churches that have "pantries" and food closets that are a little too large for expected emergencies. I find most of the preppers we discover are Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,103,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Phone numbers are being shared, as are Ham Radio call signs and resource databases—probably more than we might think
I talked to Pastors of two churches in our area, and a coordinator of our community center, about setting up a community meeting to create teams to respond to community emergencies.

I presented an example of a large tornado to build support. I sold them on a list of local resources regarding skill sets and commodities.

I put it forth like this:

What if a large tornado came though that block the roads to emergency responders? Go could we respond as a community. We could assemble a list of medical professionals, to call on for the treatment of the wounded. We could create a call list for a team of able bodied men to search and rescue those who might be buried in rubble. Where would the community get water if the electricity was out. We should have a list of water sources that don't require electricity. What about food. Who is raising what? What about looters? Who will defend us. How will we all communicate if power is lost to our cell tower?

Initially the reaction was positive; but then we started getting deeper into the details.

One of the Pastors was concerned about attending a meeting that talked about defense. He asked who would lead that group. I suggested that we try to find police officers to lead that group. Let those with experience in their fields lead each group. He still had concerns that our group might get labeled as a wacko militia if we started talking about defense. I conceded that we might want to be very careful in our wording; and maybe we should get legal advise first.

I was still building support for our group when I talked to one of my beloved friends and neighbors. He was concerned about making knowledge of our individual resources public. He pointed out that people will say that they are going to do all sorts of things, and then not do them. He also pointed out that by spreading this information far an wide, that some unscrupulous people would have access to this information. Then he jokingly said that he had nothing to worry about. He was going to be OK, that if things got tough, that he would be eating chicken. Then he said, "I'm going to come over and eat your chickens."

After talking with these two wise men, I decided to contact everyone whom I had talked to, and tell them that upon receiving this advice that I would not be coordinating this public meeting; that it would be best to build strong ties with known and trusted neighbors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I trust the "untrustworthy" of society a lot of times more than the people running around with their noses in the air as if they are "good".

The "honor among thieves" saying is real. The crackhead types can't be trusted but the rest? You can trust them to be them, and they are true to their word, almost always. I like that myself.

It's like dealing with wild animals, they are themselves, and it's a trustworthy thing. But I like wolves, so there's that... Lol

I once worked in the Middle East as low wage worker. Management cram as many as 12 people in one room as their living space. Living conditions is like prison.

During my first two weeks in the job, I had to make snap judgement of my co-workers to see which ones I could bunk with and tried to make friends with them. Eventually I arranged a meeting with them to see how we can end up together in one room.

Even though they are all untrustworthy, they're the least of all evils. If unlucky, you could end up with the junkies and petty thieves.

I'm not saying I'm the best of them all, far from it. I'm more of a bad quality roommate myself. As long as you don't touch my buttons sort of thing. I have issues like past traumas, intense bouts of guilt. Though I never stopped trying to improve myself to fix these issues, they never went away.

I learned not to use the "filter of perfection" when I found I'm far from being perfect myself. And then there's people who seem perfect at first but as you live with them, you find they're not at all and might even be bad.

I agree with you, crackhead (junkies) can be bad to be with. They're unpredictable and also more likely to steal from you or from others to sustain their addiction.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

You're correct. While I post my thoughts I'm connecting with people outside Christian circles. They may not believe in God but 15 or 20 years of acquaintanceship can't be set aside. I have greater tenure with them than believers. I know their bones. Many are shoring up their alliances.

I wouldn't make any assumptions. Someone I've rode with for 20 years will beat out a believer every time. They're the ones I'll bring in my home and stick my neck out for and I doubt I'm alone in that.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What rich people are you talking about? Six figure salaried people or billionaires?

Everyone I know makes 7 or more. I know one person with a job but his investments bring more and he teaches blockchain at an Ivy League college.

The people I know are playing the long game. They're not worried about America or the NWO. They put themselves in industries that serve that serve a populace that can afford their products.

I used to feel bad about my circumstances but I don't anymore. Believers can't make me feel guilt. If the situations were reversed they'd do the same and I know it.

The best response is the one best suited to your circumstances. Trust the Lord and lean on His wisdom.

~bella

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I used to feel bad about my circumstances but I don't anymore. Believers can't make me feel guilt. If the situations were reversed they'd do the same and I know it.

I don' think we'll do the same even if we wanted to.

We weren't always poor. There was at time we used to be well off but unable to do what other well off or rich people do because the Holy Spirit prevented us from doing so.

The Holy Spirit kept us on track the the Gospel. I fear defying the Holy Spirit on what it wants us to keep on doing.

Yet the Holy Spirit wasn't the reason we became poor. My parents got into bad investments for unGodly reasons. I left my lucractive job and career for unGodly reasons too. It is our fault. It is the reason why I sometimes worry we'll never come out of this predicament because we defied the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
According to this source, Iran is claiming victory, and is mocking Israel's attempted attack.

If this is true; hopefully this will be the end of it.

Israel only "sucker punched" Iran. Perhaps to avoid further escalation.

Israel had to attack to avoid looking weak but did limited damage to avoid further escalations. Let's hope that's the end of it!:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don' think we'll do the same even if we wanted to.

By same I don't mean identical. People are very opinionated about wealth without realizing behavior is a continuum. You don't become a different person with greater means. You reveal more of who you are within. Most of the platitudes are without merit and if you look closely you'll see they aren't doing the same where they are.

The widow is a great example. She gave what she had but the heart behind it was the real tale. If most possessed the same we wouldn't have so many instances of people failing when wealth or prominence arrived. They were always lacking. The spotlight revealed what the shadow hid.

I've studied the rise and fall of men and women for years. Christian and otherwise. There are tell-take signs in the natural and spiritual. I compared my findings early in my walk and devised a hit list of sorts that addressed the most common ways for demise. Then I looked at myself to see where I fell short to prevent the same. Most of my convictions are the result of introspections like that.

Yet the Holy Spirit wasn't the reason we became poor. My parents got into bad investments for unGodly reasons. I left my lucractive job and career for unGodly reasons too. It is our fault. It is the reason why I sometimes worry we'll never come out of this predicament because we defied the Lord.

I wish the church put more attention on wisdom and the necessity for discernment. I include the scriptures frequently for the reasons you've shared. Poor decisions can be far reaching. We've all made them. But some have greater consequences than others.

I wouldn't have the knowledge I possess financially without a bad experience. I would have pursued my studies in medicine and become a surgeon but my health failed. Sometimes breakdowns are breakthroughs in disguise but we must make peace with our failings. You can't beat yourself up, get enraged or depressed. You have to learn from the experience and relinquish the hurt. I wasn't a Christian then. I believed in God but I wasn't planted in a church or being taught. I used what I had. Would I do things differently today? Of course.

I left the workforce without a plan. I was young and wanted out. Some of it was entrepreneurial and some was unknown. I wanted to be a stay-at-home wife but there was no one around to explain. I spent a lot of years figuring things out when I could have been settled. That's why I help others in that area because I know how it feels.

But who's to say I would have succeeded? Choices made within the Lord and without are different. You've learned a lesson others have probably experienced or they're heading in that direction. How can you use it to honor Him? Sometimes you have to empty the vessel first before it's refilled.

You have a lot in your head and that's part of the problem. It's pulling you in different directions. He's competing with all of that. When the problem is financial you need solitude and clarity. The stress makes things unbearable and its hard to focus.

The lone question I'd have in those circumstances is how to resolve it and use what I've learned for His glory. The other stuff can wait and most of it looks different under a new light. Answering the question will resolve a lot.

You see things literally and there's nothing wrong with that. But things of God aren't always black and white as the proverbs thread demonstrates. You need a counterpoint and your discourse with @GospelS reveals that. She sees the part you don't and when you're seeking answers it's a must. You esteem the supernatural. That has its place but it's largely distracting.

Sometimes the answers are before us but we're too blind to see them. One meditation becomes another. One story builds upon the next and with time (pun intended) and consistency we've produced a book, a website or a channel. We put one foot before the next and keep trusting Him while we share what we've learned. People do the same everyday. If you can do that here you can do it elsewhere.

~bella

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
By same I don't mean identical. People are very opinionated about wealth without realizing behavior is a continuum. You don't become a different person with greater means. You reveal more of who you are within. Most of the platitudes are without merit and if you look closely you'll see they aren't doing the same where they are.

I really can't deviate with the Holy Spirit having a strong hold in our lives. If do anything that the Lord doesn't want or isn't Biblical, I get chastised almost immediately. It's crazy, it's unbelievable. Supernatural occurrences sometimes involved.

It's so real to us and I fear it. There wouldn't be a chance if I get rich and start doing unbiblical things rich people do and go unpunished. We would likely lose that wealth (we already did). So there's no way I could be rich and unGodly at the same time.

I even get chastised just by having the wrong thoughts like if finances improve, I'll do this or that. Nothing plainly sinful like having a vacation in nice beach resort, shopping for nice clothes and accessories for mom, cruise/travel, etc. But the Lord doesn't want me wasting my time and money on those things. What's crazy is my mom told me the Lord also told her not to waste our money on those things too. Crazy right?

I wish the church put more attention on wisdom and the necessity for discernment. I include the scriptures frequently for the reasons you've shared. Poor decisions can be far reaching. We've all made them. But some have greater consequences than others.

We have disobeyed scriptures. I warned my parents but wouldn't listen to me but I fell with them. Ours have disastrous consequences with a large debt and my own issues have worsened over time. We're getting some assistance from one relative. Not enough to get us out of our problem, not even make our lives easier by 10%. We're very thankful for it but I still feel terribly bad we end up like this, accepting handouts. I still hold a job and some passive income from a small investment but it's all going to paying debts and still not enough.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's so real to us and I fear it. There wouldn't be a chance if I get rich and start doing unbiblical things rich people do and go unpunished. We would likely lose that wealth (we already did). So there's no way I could be rich and unGodly at the same time.

The Lord knows our weaknesses and what's ahead. It's possible He's advising abstinence in light of things to come. One of my sources questioned the rain in Dubai. They got a year's worth in a day while a crypto conference was happening. He noted the strange killing of the Cash app founder around the same time a year ago (I believe he was murdered). I didn't have a word on the weather but the event gave me pause. Sometimes it's better to lay low and ride things out.

We have disobeyed scriptures. I warned my parents but wouldn't listen to me but I fell with them.

All parents make mistakes. Some graver than others. My family's weren't financial but I've questioned their judgment in several areas. Most notably their relationships. My mother was the only one who had children. Her sister married and the others didn't. I don't think they realized the gravity of their decisions.

While I gave more attention to getting settled and helping my daughter do the same. We prioritized marriage, planned ahead and work together to accomplish our goals. We're a team and that bodes well in the long run. They see their mistake. But they fear the Lord.

Ours have disastrous consequences with a large debt and my own issues have worsened over time. We're getting some assistance from one relative. Not enough to get us out of our problem, not even make our lives easier by 10%. We're very thankful for it but I still feel terribly bad we end up like this, accepting handouts. I still hold a job and some passive income from a small investment but it's all going to paying debts and still not enough.

I'm glad you have help even if it isn't enough. It's less worry on your plate and that makes a difference. Keep thanking Him for the provision. You probably need a more dramatic prayer to solve it. Beyond the obvious for warfare purposes the best recourse is the earth and wind. Let me see how to turn my messaging on and I'll give you the info.

~bella

• Optimistic
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Lord knows our weaknesses and what's ahead. It's possible He's advising abstinence in light of things to come. One of my sources questioned the rain in Dubai. They got a year's worth in a day while a crypto conference was happening. He noted the strange killing of the Cash app founder around the same time a year ago (I believe he was murdered). I didn't have a word on the weather but the event gave me pause. Sometimes it's better to lay low and ride things out.

It is my observation that strong collective emotions from people especially from few gifted individuals can actually impact certain natural processes like the weather, tectonics, or even emotions of all people around the world (emotional chain-reaction), etc. It can make a bad situation exponentially worse.

It can happen without any physical nor electronic contact between persons. These are all extra-sensory events (ESP, telepathy, the likes of those things).

Trading can invoke very strong emotions from people who trade the stock market or cryptos and there are lots of traders nowadays.

Crypto conferences can strongly affect market prices and usually cause the prices to pump. Will make lots of traders either excited or extremely nervous causing a "collective emotion firestorm" as I would call it and can also affect market prices even further like a feedback.

You probably think this is ridiculous but I've observed several occasions. Not just natural events are involved but also man-made elements like wars, plane crashes, widespread blackouts.

Climate change is not just caused by greenhouse emissions but ironically the internet by allowing it play on our emotions like social media, news/fake news, online trading, etc.

Social media influencers have a power they themselves are not aware of. I figured this out on my own after many years of observation.

If I can make all people believe something huge will happen this July then something huge could actually happen in July like self-fulfilling prophecy. It makes you wonder about reality, the Universe and everything. To me, it feels like we're living in someone one else's mind. Reality, all of it.

Upvote 0