Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Gen 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and took some of every clean animal and some of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

-no, i'm not going to say that this is the first altar. the first ones mentioned were Cain and Abel's. but if i'm going to ask what is the first thing Noah did after getting off the ark...well, there's your answer! Noah really had his priorities set. there was a whole world waiting for him to explore after months cooped up in a dark ark but he put God first. i wish i can always be like that.

-a spoiler: you will notice that in every place that the people of God settle, they will always set up an altar first. well, almost always. in history, it also became a practice for a certain people (i forgot which) to always build a church first. even before they built their own houses. cool huh?

-interesting observation: God never commanded Noah to make an altar...but He did tell Noah to take 7 of each clean animal before boarding the ark, aside from the 2 of each kind of animal command.

Reactions: Aaron112

issa

pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Noah

Biblical figure, Son of Lamech

" Adam would still have been alive for about the first 56 years of Lamech's life."

How Noah could have learned rightly about making an altar to worship and serve YHVH.

Noah

Biblical figure, Son of Lamech

" Adam would still have been alive for about the first 56 years of Lamech's life."

How Noah could have learned rightly about making an altar to worship and serve YHVH.
idk how Lamech is connected but okay :)

building altars probably began when Adam and Eve got animal skins for a covering. I imagine they were really grateful to God for it and then were like, now what do we do with this dead animal remains? offer it back to Him? we see them doing altars/offerings with Cain and Abel.

Upvote 0