Lost - Episode 6:8 (3/16/10) - Recon

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Recon

Locke assigns Sawyer a mission

That's all I got from my TiVo description. Not going to look for more on the internet, since I'm doing fairly well at keeping my final season experience spoiler-free :D

Upvote 0

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I wonder why they switched nights for it. Thanks for posting this, Snooch! :thumbsup:

I'm sure they are trying to get it into the "sweeps" timeframe. Also, they probably want to avoid the final night of American Idol.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure they are trying to get it into the "sweeps" timeframe. Also, they probably want to avoid the final night of American Idol.

I think that's exactly it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm....

As a general note, these individual episode threads appear to be getting shorter and shorter...

That said...

1) Were it not for a bit of editing, parts of this episode came close to an 'X' rating. (Hey, I'm a guy, that kind of leaped out at me).

2) Sawyer did not look to have much of a life in his 'Flash Sideways' - yes, he was a cop instead of a con artist, but he was also living alone and eating TV dinners. Plus, his obsession with the con artist Sawyer ruled him even in that timeline.

3) The smoke monster insists he was once a man...further, he says his mother was more than a little crazy, something that still caused him problems...assuming we can trust anything he says.

4) Who killed the other passengers on Flight 316? I have a suspicion that Widmore might be telling the truth here; those bodies look to have been dead longer than he was on the island. Something about that whole situation does not add up.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm....

Who killed the other passengers on Flight 316? I have a suspicion that Widmore might be telling the truth here; those bodies look to have been dead longer than he was on the island. Something about that whole situation does not add up.

I think it was the smoke monster. "Locke" knew what Sawyer would find when he got over there, but he wasn't expecting Widmore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LovesToBless

Agreed, another excellent episode!

So...I have "Widmore" questions. Please help me out.

- We know he got banished, by Ben. Wasn't it for some kind of inappropriate relationship with someone off the island? So...who is that? Ellie was on the island...or was she already off it and that's what is meant?

- Penny is Widmore's daughter...who is her mother? Daniel is Widmore's son and Ellie is his mother. So - Daniel and Penny are at least 1/2 siblings...just like Jack and Claire. Not knowing who Pen's mom is was another thing that brought this to mind.

- So....WHO IS SMOKEY'S MOM??? Could he also be related to Widmore?

- Maybe I mentioned this before, can't recall and not looking back...I thought of Ellie as well when we saw Claire acting like Danielle...crazed look, rifle, sharp-shooter. Even Ellie's "look" back when she killed Daniel reminded me of Claire and Danielle. Maybe there's nothing to it...but ...we'll see. You know Lost. ;)

I was quite surprised to see Charlotte. I really liked how she got Sawyer to open up. Or should I just call him James now? And I agree with Thinker, this epi pushed limits.

I expect to see Daniel any minute now.

What's happened to Jack's tats?

And...how will they wrap this all up by the end of the show?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
- We know he got banished, by Ben. Wasn't it for some kind of inappropriate relationship with someone off the island? So...who is that? Ellie was on the island...or was she already off it and that's what is meant?

I was thinking about this last night. I thought Widmore was kicked off the island not only for having a relationship off-island (which led to Penny being born) but also because the island/Others could only have one leader at a time there? I'm not remembering where I am getting that from, but it's been my impression for a long time.

So if that's accurate, Widmore had to leave because Ben was chosen as the leader, but continued to try to find his way back to the island and have his minions kill Ben so Widmore could go back.

Then after the O6 got off the island, Locke became the leader. Widmore knew that Locke had come off island to look for the O6 and he sent Matthew Abbadon to help him search for them. Widmore must have known, or intended all along, that Locke also die, again so he could get back to the island.

I think that's why he blinked and looked so surprised when Sawyer told him Locke was on the island.

Also, he obviously knows about smokey because they are setting up pylons on Hydra. I wonder what form smokey took the last time Widmore was there.

- So....WHO IS SMOKEY'S MOM??? Could he also be related to Widmore?

I want to know who smokey's mom is more than any other mystery of the island! I don't know if she's related to the Widmores. She'd have to be really, really, mythologically old. I'm thinking maybe MIB and Jacob have the same mother, kind of that Jacob/Esau, Cain/Abel, white/black thing that's been going on.

What's happened to Jack's tats?

Does he not have them anymore??

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

I was thinking about this last night. I thought Widmore was kicked off the island not only for having a relationship off-island (which led to Penny being born) but also because the island/Others could only have one leader at a time there? I'm not remembering where I am getting that from, but it's been my impression for a long time.

So if that's accurate, Widmore had to leave because Ben was chosen as the leader, but continued to try to find his way back to the island and have his minions kill Ben so Widmore could go back.

Then after the O6 got off the island, Locke became the leader. Widmore knew that Locke had come off island to look for the O6 and he sent Matthew Abbadon to help him search for them. Widmore must have known, or intended all along, that Locke also die, again so he could get back to the island.

I think that's why he blinked and looked so surprised when Sawyer told him Locke was on the island.

Also, he obviously knows about smokey because they are setting up pylons on Hydra. I wonder what form smokey took the last time Widmore was there.

I want to know who smokey's mom is more than any other mystery of the island! I don't know if she's related to the Widmores. She'd have to be really, really, mythologically old. I'm thinking maybe MIB and Jacob have the same mother, kind of that Jacob/Esau, Cain/Abel, white/black thing that's been going on.

Does he not have them anymore??

So, you agree then that Penny and Daniel are at least 1/2 siblings...like Jack and Claire?

We did see Jack without his shirt in the scene where he was coming home from work and running late to get his son, David. I just thought I didn't see any tats, but maybe it was the way he was facing. Dunno for sure...just wondering if anyone else noticed that minor thing.

Good point about there only being one leader...I think that is very likely the situation with Widmore/Ben/Locke. Is Widmore also really old and maybe from the Black Rock? Seeing as how he's "boat oriented".

Why in the world can't smokey go over the dang pylons? I mean, aren't they really to contain/keep out people? I would think smokey could go up high enough, since he can fly and all, to just go over them. That's confused me for a while now.

Yep, smokey's mom could be Jacob's mom....so very true. True case of enormous sibling rivalry! Although...in and earlier thread, someone mentioned MIB's name and it's not Esau. When I questioned it, they said they read it somewhere, I think in another forum. We still haven't run into it, so I'm not mentioning it again.

So...did smokey take over John's dead body when it arrived on the island? Smokey/Locke said to Jacob...right before Ben killed him, that Jacob had NO idea all he had gone through to find the loop-hole.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, you agree then that Penny and Daniel are at least 1/2 siblings...like Jack and Claire?

Yep yep, I do!

We did see Jack without his shirt in the scene where he was coming home from work and running late to get his son, David. I just thought I didn't see any tats, but maybe it was the way he was facing. Dunno for sure...just wondering if anyone else noticed that minor thing.

I think the timelines shifted off course after 1977 when the bomb exploded. I think a lot of the Lostie's lives have happened the same way, but some things changed after 1977. Maybe in Jack's sideways, since he and Sarah (I'm assuming) didn't lose the baby before they divorced, he didn't feel the need to go to Thailand and sow some wild oats, so he never got the tattoos.

Is Widmore also really old and maybe from the Black Rock? Seeing as how he's "boat oriented".

We saw Widmore young in 1954. So I don't think he's from the Black Rock.

Why in the world can't smokey go over the dang pylons? I mean, aren't they really to contain/keep out people? I would think smokey could go up high enough, since he can fly and all, to just go over them. That's confused me for a while now.

The pylons have acted as a security system against smokey using a sonic barrier. We saw that a few times, where some of the Others would use earplugs, and the ones that didn't got fried when they went through. I think those sonic waves would probably preclude smokey from being able to go over as well.

We also saw Juliet and Kate at the pylons once, when they heard smokey coming and Juliet just got them activated on time. Smokey was turned away, so I think they must be effective at keeping him out.

Yep, smokey's mom could be Jacob's mom....so very true. True case of enormous sibling rivalry! Although...in and earlier thread, someone mentioned MIB's name and it's not Esau. When I questioned it, they said they read it somewhere, I think in another forum. We still haven't run into it, so I'm not mentioning it again.

I meant the Jacob/Esau dynamic in the Bible, not that he was named Esau :)

So...did smokey take over John's dead body when it arrived on the island? Smokey/Locke said to Jacob...right before Ben killed him, that Jacob had NO idea all he had gone through to find the loop-hole.

Good question. Locke's dead body is still there, so I think he's just taken on Locke's image, not his physical body.

Ellie has to be involved in this in some way. Ellie is the one who insisted to Jack that he had to bring Locke's body back to the island as a replacement for Jack's father. So far we've seen MIB/smokey take the form of 3 separate dead bodies on the island - Christian (his coffin was empty when Jack found it), Eko's brother (who landed on the island in the drug plane), and now Locke. I think Ellie must have known about the loophole, needed that body on the island for MIB to take the form of, and for some reason wanted Jacob dead. Maybe she's working with Widmore.

Upvote 0