Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have no idea how right you are. :sunglasses: Linux's spiritual gifts: introspection and scripture memorization. I might have a few more.

English.

Great gifts you have! I have Postit notes allover my Bible. I am not good at memorizing but I can sort Postit notes very well :D

What do you dream of doing after you finish University?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What do you dream of doing after you finish University?
So much, but I'm into traveling more than anything else. I've spent the last 10 years holed up in these 4 walls, so it's about time I got to seeing the world.

As for where to go, hmm, that's a tough one. I do want to visit the mountains of South America, namely Paraguay and Peru. I hear the hiking is great and there is a lot of sheep there, so I dream of buying good wool clothing from the locals. I would like to visit Greece and Israel as well. Maybe I'll visit Germany too :p .

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So much, but I'm into traveling more than anything else. I've spent the last 10 years holed up in these 4 walls, so it's about time I got to seeing the world.

As for where to go, hmm, that's a tough one. I do want to visit the mountains of South America, namely Paraguay and Peru. I hear the hiking is great and there is a lot of sheep there, so I dream of buying good wool clothing from the locals. I would like to visit Greece and Israel as well. Maybe I'll visit Germany too :p .

O! I love traveling. It is a beautiful world outside and I very encourage you to see it.
You should see Germany for last. You will fall in love and not go anywhere. :) I will show you if you do.
I have not seen South America yet:( a friend spent a few years there and his story make it sound wonderful.
London is my favorite City. I can spend a life time there and not be satisfied of adventure.
I have spent months in Netherlands and Switzerland and also beautiful places to hike and mountain climb.

I usually go to a new place every summer like for vacation not work, but with everything going on over here I doubt I will be for this summer.

You could teach English where you go. :) you will always have money for more traveling! :D

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
London is my favorite City. I can spend a life time there and not be satisfied of adventure.
I'm not one for crowds, but we'll see.

I have spent months in Netherlands and Switzerland and also beautiful places to hike and mountain climb.
I can believe it. My dad tells me that Switzerland is surrounded by mountains, so there should be at least one hiking trail there. I wouldn't want to interfere with the Swiss military though. I understand that they are in those mountains for good reasons too. :)

I usually go to a new place every summer like for vacation not work, but with everything going on over here I doubt I will be for this summer.
I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will able to get away, even if it is only for a few days.

You could teach English where you go. :) you will always have money for more traveling! :D
Teaching is a hard job, especially when you aren't trained in it. :p I'll get the finances sorted though. That's my challenge!

You should see Germany for last. You will fall in love and not go anywhere. :) I will show you if you do.
I suppose I can take your word for it. Thank for the kind offer.

In the meantime, do you listen to any German metal besides Rammstein?

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not one for crowds, but we'll see.

I get it. There is something about new places that beats my anxiety in crowds. I always think it my sense of adventure is better. :p
It does get easier. I usually travel with a friend, and it helps.

I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will able to get away, even if it is only for a few days.

Thank you I am too :)

Teaching is a hard job, especially when you aren't trained in it. :p I'll get the finances sorted though. That's my challenge!
I misunderstood what you were studying.
Having something you can do from a computer for money is best for travel. For a few years my friend made a website for companies, I did some modeling and influence advertising, and we would get light jobs where we end at staying. Like bars and farms.

Like you enjoy writing. Alot of ways to make money online. Blogs and reviews, and website like that.
Or be the best chess player wherever you go. ;)

In the meantime, do you listen to any German metal besides Rammstein?

Yes, do you know Kreator and Accept? They are more popular.
Also Jarl and ColdWorld I see lately and is good.

Nobody has a show like Rammstein though. The energy and entertaining is amazing.

Do you recommend any?

• Friendly
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Like you enjoy writing. Alot of ways to make money online. Blogs and reviews, and website like that.
Or be the best chess player wherever you go. ;)
That's the plan. Yeah, I'm a web designer as well as a writer, and there are online chess tournaments. I just have to win them. :p

I get it. There is something about new places that beats my anxiety in crowds.
I don't think it's anxiety as much as I just find them noisy and annoying.

It does get easier. I usually travel with a friend, and it helps.
I have a couple of friends that I'm working on getting to join me. I definitely don't want to travel alone.

Yes, do you know Kreator and Accept? They are more popular.
Accept yes, Kreator no. I like Accept's recent album Too Mean To Die.

Do you recommend any?
Unfortunately, I am not yet well-versed. I was introduced to Rammstein by a young male Christian friend which produced a rather awkward situation indeed. Given that said introduction caused quite the stir among our friend group, I haven't been eager to inquire of him into more German metal bands. So Rammstein and Accept are all I know (and I didn't know Accept was German until I looked up the topic of German metal).

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the plan. Yeah, I'm a web designer as well as a writer, and there are online chess tournaments. I just have to win them. :p

Have you seen Queen's Gambit?
That is what I picture. :D

I don't think it's anxiety as much as I just find them noisy and annoying.

Even when it is a new place?

Accept yes, Kreator no. I like Accept's recent album Too Mean To Die.

Unfortunately, I am not yet well-versed. I was introduced to Rammstein by a young male Christian friend which produced a rather awkward situation indeed. Given that said introduction caused quite the stir among our friend group, I haven't been eager to inquire of him into more German metal bands. So Rammstein and Accept are all I know (and I didn't know Accept was German until I looked up the topic of German metal).

O, did he crush on you? :D

Swedish know how to metal too. Do you know Tribulation?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Have you seen Queen's Gambit?
That is what I picture. :D
No, but I consider it essential to see it soon. If I continue in chess, people will be asking me about it, so it pays to know what they are talking about.

Even when it is a new place?
*shrugs* I like being alone in a crowd better than known in a crowd…

O, did he crush on you? :D
No, the song lyrics were concerning to our friends because they were not God-honoring. This happened on a kids’ forum. Big no-no.

I watched some of the music videos and I was concerned that this young man was getting into inappropriate contentography. Thankfully, the latter concern was unfounded.

Do you know Tribulation?
No, but I know Amaranthe, a Swedish metal band. Hmm.

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, but I consider it essential to see it soon. If I continue in chess, people will be asking me about it, so it pays to know what they are talking about.
It's a good show.
It is great when a woman succeeds in man dominated sports/events. I am cheering you on!

No, the song lyrics were concerning to our friends because they were not God-honoring. This happened on a kids’ forum. Big no-no.

I watched some of the music videos and I was concerned that this young man was getting into inappropriate contentography. Thankfully, the latter concern was unfounded.
O that made sense. Their songs are not for kids.

Do you know any good Christian Metal Bands?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It is great when a woman succeeds in man dominated sports/events. I am cheering you on!
Chess is weird. In theory, women should be just as capable at chess as men, but there are still (easier) women’s titles that exist because of sexism and money. However, women aren’t barred from playing against the men for the same titles and championships they get.

Female brains are different from male brains, however. It would be interesting to read a study on the matter, especially since there are female Grandmasters around.

Do you know any good Christian Metal Bands?
I can’t recommend Red enough, especially their earlier albums. Recently I was digging through some Living Sacrifice because @Sketcher recommended it to me and I will say they are good, though they take a very different approach to the idea of Christian metal than Red does.

Red goes the emotions that a believer in Christ experiences through the painful process of spiritual development, and they do that very well. They alternate clean vocals with the growls and screams. Michael is a very talented vocalist.

Living Sacrifice growls 100% of their vocals, and they are more direct about their faith. One of their songs is titled “Love Forgives” which should give you an idea. Anyway, I’ll slowly make my way through the list Sketcher gave me.

And there is this one song :p :

Description: A metal song about what Jesus’ disciples were likely feeling between Jesus death and resurrection.

Dark Sky isn’t a Christian band - the rest of the album got some theology wrong. :p

How familiar are you with Chryztyne? I’ve been told they are a Christian metal band from Germany.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chess is weird. In theory, women should be just as capable at chess as men, but there are still (easier) women’s titles that exist because of sexism and money. However, women aren’t barred from playing against the men for the same titles and championships they get.

Female brains are different from male brains, however. It would be interesting to read a study on the matter, especially since there are female Grandmasters around.
It is interesting. Any time I see Chess it is all men. I did not know there is even Female Grandmaster.

I think you got it with sexism and money.

I can’t recommend Red enough, especially their earlier albums. Recently I was digging through some Living Sacrifice because @Sketcher recommended it to me and I will say they are good, though they take a very different approach to the idea of Christian metal than Red does.

Red goes the emotions that a believer in Christ experiences through the painful process of spiritual development, and they do that very well. They alternate clean vocals with the growls and screams. Michael is a very talented vocalist.

Living Sacrifice growls 100% of their vocals, and they are more direct about their faith. One of their songs is titled “Love Forgives” which should give you an idea. Anyway, I’ll slowly make my way through the list Sketcher gave me.

And there is this one song :p :

Description: A metal song about what Jesus’ disciples were likely feeling between Jesus death and resurrection.

Dark Sky isn’t a Christian band - the rest of the album got some theology wrong. :p

O! I was told of Red before and I forgot but I really like them! Like you said, he shows so much emotion it is powerful.
I will listen to the other when I get the chance to listen. Thanks :)

How familiar are you with Chryztyne? I’ve been told they are a Christian metal band from Germany.

I never heard them! I will listen to this one too.

I do not have a Christian Band for you, I do not know many yet but I recommend Monolord. You may know them, they are one of my favorite. It is heavy and complex but the melodys can take you on a journey.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States