Parkland
✟7,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
I think the Bible prophesied times getting worse so its almost like it prophesied music getting worse every decade. Music is far worse now than in the 80s even though the 80s music has more bad music than 50s music. It progressively gets worse with time.

Upvote 0

Groov3yDud3

Mar 6, 2024
Parkland
✟7,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
I think the Bible prophesied times getting worse so its almost like it prophesied music getting worse every decade. Music is far worse now than in the 80s even though the 80s music has more bad music than 50s music. It progressively gets worse with time.
except now it is even worse than in 2012.

Upvote 0

weekEd

Mar 4, 2024
Southwest
✟5,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is music in general getting worse, or is it just rose-tinted nostalgia and age that makes it seem that way? Do people lose interest in new music as they get older, or does the fascination that music holds on teens wear off with age? I find it interesting that the music industry seems geared up towards teens and the youth market.

I find that a lot of stuff I listen to is from the 90s, which is funnily enough when I was growing up. I guess if you're older it might be the 80s or 70s; my mother is still pretty much stuck in 1972 as far as musical taste is concerned. I can appreciate this because a lot of good music came out around the late 60s/early 70s. Found the 2000s a bit of a disappointment; had a few gems but overall I thought it was bleh. For example if I had to choose indie / alt rock from the 90s vs the 2000s, it's no contest.
The music you like is corrupted by the dollar...

Upvote 0

weekEd

Mar 4, 2024
Southwest
✟5,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Capitalism shapes our musical interest.
Access to those feelings and emotions I first felt listening to music that interested me is the foundation of the industry..
With so many rules and regulations with the pretense of ensuring a modicum of order has left music inaccessible to many many people..
Corporate interests to sell has left the interior of a building with pre prescribed sound and we as consumers accept the sound as music and our interactions within that environment as normal
Music is about feelings good and bad yet I don't walk into a fuel station and hear sorrow only something that subconsciously conditions me to purchase processed product without consciously understanding the loss of what music is or has been or will be

Upvote 0

weekEd

Mar 4, 2024
Southwest
✟5,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I find in general, that todays secular music is more annoying than not . I am in my 50's now , a long time Christian, and find most secular music a promotion of disdain toward women, sexual immorality, and filled with a very harsh sound from instruments to the point it is hurtful to listen to ! Repitious galore and without much depth !

I guess i miss the Oldie music of the 60-70's which i can relate to more .
....fun songs with a likable beat and innocent lyrics for the most part.

I think im unreachable when it comes to the Rap music and heavy rock music of today ... and find most Christian Contemporary music the same way with the exception of a few. Im more suitable to reflective Christian songs like : Open the eyes of my heart Lord , or, I Believe from the 1990's . Or Maranatha Music from the 80's .

On the secular front, i think its been quite awhile since theres been Artists like Lennon and McCartney . Guess im stuck in a time warp ! lol....

Thoughts ?????
Imagine all the people having a Coca-Cola singing in harmony...
Can't buy that anymore...

Upvote 0