IS 2 COR 3:6 SPEAKING ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law did not get set aside. Jesus said: "I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished" Matthew 5:18

We can be good under the law and we benefit from being good. God loves us and God wants what is best for us. But to be RIGHT or righteous then you need faith in addition to being good. Paul quotes David in the book of Romans.

In the Bible we find allegory's, metaphors, Archtypes, Homileties, smybolism, paradigms, parables and so on. So we have to look at what the law represents to apply it to our lives.

Psalm 51 17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."

1 Samuel 15:22
But Samuel declared: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obedience to His voice? Behold, obedience is better than sacrifice, and attentiveness is better than the fat of rams.

I have recently been in the hospital three times for 8 days each time. I am glad you think we can get away with sin but I can assure you there is a time when you will pay a price for your sin and it simply is not worth it.

We are set free from sin. WE are not set free from the consequences of sin.
And Isa 6:9-11 and is also written in Acts 28;26-28 and also 2 Cor 3:2-15 as Moses was placing a COVERING open his face .

And verse 15 says that until this DAY , when Moses is being read , at the reading of the OLD COVENANT , the same covering REMAINS , not being UNCOVERED which is being ABOLISHED by Christ .

dan p

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All of Gods commandments are meant for our good. They are for our protection.
Yes, exactly, that is the point I was trying to make. I learned that from David in Psalms.

God's way is not the same as man's way.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Rev 13:8 happens WHEN ??
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5:19

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, exactly, that is the point I was trying to make. I learned that from David in Psalms.

God's way is not the same as man's way.
And you will not reply to POST # 81 ?

What do you not agree with Isa 6:9-11 ?

Or disagree with Acts 28:26-28 ?

Or disagree with 2 Cor 3:13-15 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:3-4

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I do not see any connection between what you said and what we were talking about.
The new testament says the same thing. A lot of people today are blinded to the benefit of following the law of God. Even they think they do not have to follow the commandments of God. There is no temple but I have seen even associate degree pastors that do an excellent job of explainimg the temple and the meaning of all the observances there and HOW to apply that to our lives.

There is a huge discrepancy in people who claim they are Christians but they do not follow the teaching of the Bible. In Matthew 7:27 we are told that MANY people will be told to depart from Jesus. I am very concerned when I see the word "many". We are told that one third will be saved and two thirds will perish. Zechariah 13:9

1Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

NOTICE Jesus uses the word: "lawlessness".

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people today are blinded to the benefit of following the law of God. Even they think they do not have to follow the commandments of God.
“Keep my commandments and observe them. I am the Lord, who sanctifies you." Lev 22:32
There is no temple but I have seen even associate degree pastors that do an excellent job of explainimg the temple and the meaning of all the observances there and HOW to apply that to our lives.
And the Priest, who is anointed and consecrated to minister as Priest in his Father’s place, shall make atonement; Lev 16:32
There is a huge discrepancy in people who claim they are Christians but they do not follow the teaching of the Bible.
which if a man does, he shall live; Lev 18:5
In Matthew 7:27 we are told that MANY people will be told to depart from Jesus.
But they stiffened their necks, And would not hear. Neh 9:29 "When I spoke, you did not hear, " Isa 65:11-13 [Having become hard of hearing. Heb 5:9-12]
I am very concerned when I see the word "many". 1Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Although this is a stiff-necked people, pardon our iniquity [lawlessness] and our sin, and accept us as your own people. Ex 34:9
22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…
NOTICE Jesus uses the word: "lawlessness".
Nevertheless, the Lord knows those who are His,... 2 Tim 2:19
Who gave Himself for us, to redeem us from lawlessness and sanctify for Himself His own people, Titus 2:13-14
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; You are Mine." Isa 43:1
Chosen by grace Rom 11:5 Who is a God like you? Micah 7:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
“Keep my commandments and observe them. I am the Lord, who sanctifies you." Lev 22:32
Yes, exactly, what concerns me is Jesus teaching from the sermon on the mount: "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:19. IF we break the law and set a bad example for others then we will be considered the least in the Kingdom. Yet we often hear people say we do not have to keep the law of God. Then they say Paul gives them permission to be lawless which is not true. Paul tells us: "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Which suggests we can not be righteous if we do not obey the law. Based on his understanding of what we read in the Psalms. Because David shows us the benefit of following the law of God.

It looks like to break the law and teach others to break the law you are least. If you keep the law and teach others to keep the law then you are great. If you get one of of two, then maybe you are neither least or great but somewhere in-between According to God's perfect and just scales. We do not want to be weighed in the balance and found wanting.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Priest, who is anointed and consecrated to minister as Priest in his Father’s place, shall make atonement; Lev 16:32
which if a man does, he shall live; Lev 18:5 But they stiffened their necks, And would not hear. Neh 9:29 "When I spoke, you did not hear, " Isa 65:11-13 [Having become hard of hearing. Heb 5:9-12]
Although this is a stiff-necked people, pardon our iniquity [lawlessness] and our sin, and accept us as your own people. Ex 34:9
Yes, exactly, what concerns me is Jesus teaching from the sermon on the mount: "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:19. IF we break the law and set a bad example for others then we will be considered the least in the Kingdom. Yet we often hear people say we do not have to keep the law of God. Then they say Paul gives them permission to be lawless which is not true. Paul tells us: "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Which suggests we can not be righteous if we do not obey the law. Based on his understanding of what we read in the Psalms. Because David shows us the benefit of following the law of God.
The Lord always proves Himself faithful to those who keep His covenant and His testimonies. Psalm 25:10
The counsel of the Lord is for those who honor him [Ps 50:23, Ps 118:21-22] so that he may reveal his covenant to them. Psalm 25:14
It looks like to break the law and teach others to break the law you are least. If you keep the law and teach others to keep the law then you are great. If you get one of of two, then maybe you are neither least or great but somewhere in-between According to God's perfect and just scales. We do not want to be weighed in the balance and found wanting.
Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed. Isa 56:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 2 Cor 3:16

The veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom...Matt 27:51

The cross separates you from the world. Do you understand this?​
And the baptism of the Spirit separates you from a dead religion. J. Swaggart​
By a new and living way opened for us...Heb 10:19-23

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;
one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
But to each one of us grace has been given in Christ; when he ascended He gave gifts to His people...
so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God
and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Eph 4:4-13

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Lord always proves Himself faithful to those who keep His covenant and His testimonies. Psalm 25:10
I have learned a lot from David about the benefits of following the law of God. Not the scarifies on the alter but the sacrifices we make to be holy, pure, consecrated and dedicated to God.

Psalm 51:16 says, "You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings".

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟10,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The counsel of the Lord is for those who honor him [Ps 50:23, Ps 118:21-22] so that he may reveal his covenant to them. Psalm 25:14

Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed. Isa 56:1
I have learned a lot from David about the benefits of following the law of God. Not the scarifies on the alter but the sacrifices we make to be holy, pure, consecrated and dedicated to God.
He has sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant forever: Holy and awesome is His name. Psalm 111:9
They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; Isa 62:12
Psalm 51:16 says, "You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings".
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6
[The peoples exhaust themselves for nothing. For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, Habakkuk 2:13-14]

Therefore, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, present yourselves as a living sacrifice, [alive from the dead Rom 6:13]
holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Rom 12:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0