Someplace West of Hinnom
✟19,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I ask you to pray for my suicidal friend. :( He took his life years ago, but I've been thinking of him lately.

To be honest, I must admit I never really understood the purpose of praying for the dead. To be fair, I must admit I never really understood the purpose of praying for the living, either. My friend and his family believed in the power of prayer, though, and at this point, I don't suppose more prayers would hurt.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask you to pray for my suicidal friend. :( He took his life years ago, but I've been thinking of him lately.

To be honest, I must admit I never really understood the purpose of praying for the dead. To be fair, I must admit I never really understood the purpose of praying for the living, either. My friend and his family believed in the power of prayer, though, and at this point, I don't suppose more prayers would hurt.
My prayers are for you. :prayer:

• Agree
Reactions: Blade
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

For the Departed

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the souls of Thy departed servants in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which they have committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

We do not know if they will help. We know they will not hurt. Prayers for your friend.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Blade
Upvote 0