• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I rarely ask, and may be the wrong thread, but I'm asking for prayers if you could

Oct 20, 2017
Lennon
✟10,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

My name is Sebastian Otto. (I list my full name because I find the use of a full name to be more personal when praying for someone) And I'd like to reiterate by saying that i don't often ask for prayers but man I have an issue with a tooth. It is in very bad shape and it is damaged terribly. It's almost embarrassing to smile. But my real issues with it are the pain and the fact that I am worried that it will soon become abscessed and infected. If I were to smile at you, you can see right inside of it as an entire side of the tooth is completely gone. It is my left canine tooth by the way to be more specific. There is a large, gaping hole in it and the pain can go from irritating to horrendous enough that I fight to sleep. Some would probably suggest that I see a dentist, right? Well I would except for the fact that I don't have insurance. I'm in a really broke situation and point right now. I couldn't afford rent on an apartment, let alone dental insurance. So I can do NOTHING about this except just deal with it until it becomes a medical emergency. I'm growing more and more concerned with this every day. To give you an idea of my financial situation, I may have to ask my mother to pay for a dental procedure. And who knows how long that could take? How did my tooth get so bad? Well I suffer with terrible depression and have been in the practice of drinking heavily for nearly the last 7 years now. I am an alcoholic and as of right now I've been sober only 12 days. Though I must say God is certainly working miracles there. I am definitely seeing improvement in that area of my life. Like not feeling the urge to drink as much as I once did. But as a result of drinking large quantities of alcohol and being depressed to a point of not taking care of myself, my teeth have paid a hefty price. So I am desperate here and asking any of you to genuinely throw me a prayer. This tooth is bothering me even as I'm typing this. I've actually been tempted to drink to numb the pain. I know that if anything will kill pain, it's booze. I have joint issues I inherited from my father which also keep me in pain. That, coupled with every other thing i suffer on top of my suicidal thoughts, I'm in rough shape. So please, help brothers and sisters if you could. I need help here. I know how dangerous an infected tooth and gums can be. At its absolute worst, it can even be life threatening on account of the infection being so close to the brain. But I'll try not to let my anxiety get to me on that too much. I appreciate any and all prayers. Thank you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟844,586.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

My name is Sebastian Otto. (I list my full name because I find the use of a full name to be more personal when praying for someone) And I'd like to reiterate by saying that i don't often ask for prayers but man I have an issue with a tooth. It is in very bad shape and it is damaged terribly. It's almost embarrassing to smile. But my real issues with it are the pain and the fact that I am worried that it will soon become abscessed and infected. If I were to smile at you, you can see right inside of it as an entire side of the tooth is completely gone. It is my left canine tooth by the way to be more specific. There is a large, gaping hole in it and the pain can go from irritating to horrendous enough that I fight to sleep. Some would probably suggest that I see a dentist, right? Well I would except for the fact that I don't have insurance. I'm in a really broke situation and point right now. I couldn't afford rent on an apartment, let alone dental insurance. So I can do NOTHING about this except just deal with it until it becomes a medical emergency. I'm growing more and more concerned with this every day. To give you an idea of my financial situation, I may have to ask my mother to pay for a dental procedure. And who knows how long that could take? How did my tooth get so bad? Well I suffer with terrible depression and have been in the practice of drinking heavily for nearly the last 7 years now. I am an alcoholic and as of right now I've been sober only 12 days. Though I must say God is certainly working miracles there. I am definitely seeing improvement in that area of my life. Like not feeling the urge to drink as much as I once did. But as a result of drinking large quantities of alcohol and being depressed to a point of not taking care of myself, my teeth have paid a hefty price. So I am desperate here and asking any of you to genuinely throw me a prayer. This tooth is bothering me even as I'm typing this. I've actually been tempted to drink to numb the pain. I know that if anything will kill pain, it's booze. I have joint issues I inherited from my father which also keep me in pain. That, coupled with every other thing i suffer on top of my suicidal thoughts, I'm in rough shape. So please, help brothers and sisters if you could. I need help here. I know how dangerous an infected tooth and gums can be. At its absolute worst, it can even be life threatening on account of the infection being so close to the brain. But I'll try not to let my anxiety get to me on that too much. I appreciate any and all prayers. Thank you.
If you are a member of a church, would the folk whom you fellowship with love you enough to pass the hat around to help you pay for a dentist? I would think that people could measure their love for God by the extent that they would love their brothers and sisters in Christ.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟954,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, ... try a GoFundMe page ...

www.GoFundMe.com

Put your story in just like you have it here ... with a face photo.

You could get enough to take care of the tooth ...

Upvote 0

Caterpillar5

Feb 13, 2018
Midwest
✟19,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if you live near a dental school or not - there is a major one in the city where I live, and they do discounted procedures, since all of the work is done by people studying to become a dentist.

I don't know if this works for a reducing the chance of infection with a broken tooth or not, but when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, they had me wash out my mouth with salt water (don't remember the exact proportion of salt to water).

Prayers for both the tooth and for continued sobriety!

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums