I feel like a fish out of water over on the Lutheran forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it OK if I hang out with you folks?

(Some Anglicans described me as a "liberal, Anglo-Catholic Lutheran". I come completely assembled with liturgical prayer candles in all the colors of the liturgical year, a large Sabbath candle, religious icons of St. Hildegard, Julian of Norwich, and Meister Eckhart, a relic of the tears of the Theotokos, the Rosary (two versions!), a home altar with a statue of the Blessed Virgin on the right side of the altar AND a statue of Martin Luther on the left side, three crucifixes on the wall, reserved Sacrament (bread and wine) in case for whatever reason I can't participate on Sunday morning, oil of chrism, the Lutheran Book of Worship and the Book of Common Prayer (including a Latin translation of the BCP, memorized Ordinary in Latin AND as an accessory, I have a partner who was raised Roman Catholic and I've composed three settings of the Mass (one in the style of the medieval period around 1400 AD, and two for regular Sunday use)!

Is that enough to make me an "honorary" around here? :sorry:

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome, UberLutheran:) Feel free to hang, post, discuss. Come in and relax

Absolutely UL!! We are in a formative stage but it is clear from many sentiments that we are for all discussion that pertains to the LCC, progressive RCs, ecumenism and perceptions of how we live our lives through faith.

We exist, not as a church nor stand to counter others for their beliefs, struggles and faith formation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.