Discussion I am now doubtful , about my salvation.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I was raised Catholic and my Pentecostal father pressed me to think positive and disciplined me to repent, my family was praying for me... I hated my life as a sinner, then I was given a medication and thought I was going to and turned to God asking for life and mercy. After days, I repented, and experienced being forgiven and standing from kneeling with a clear conscience and I was joyed for weeks, and felt more home and connected with nature, could love people more and had a clean heart. Catholic practices did not work best for me, confessing what I'd been forgiven from, and being sorry.

So I was not consolidated and it was ten years later that I was born again, under Frank Houston, worked out preachings and answered prayers and answered questions. Frank would teach, that unless you are born again, you are no different from a drunk in the gutter, and that by being born again, you were sure to enter life, if this night you die.

Later came the issue of new borns dying, conclusion, they go to Heaven.

I feel dissatisfied with myself. I am not free from sin, not bearing the fruit of the Spirit, a traitor stopped me or made it hard for me when I was first born again.

I cannot seem to motivate myself to repent. I struggle to reach out to God and find Him and peace.

I just watched the testimony of a Pentecostal who in her NDE went to Hell. I think some of us are Pollyannas. She was corrected and had to be led by the Spirit afresh.

I have watched many NDE accounts, and many entered the light of life. I have hope. But I am not sure of where I will go. I pray in tongues, but find receiving a word of knowledge hard and receiving the Holy Spirit, is also hard. At times when others have prayed for me, I mistakenly hardened my heart. I choose to forgive, but struggle to get out of the cage with the open door.

Has anyone overcome and stood fast in Godly love?

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all sin we all have to repent when we do if we want to stay close to God. Do you pray for God to cleanse you. Do you study your Bible. Do you love your neighbor in action. Do you love God with all your heart. It not time to doubt but to get right again and get back to basics, do the first works again. A little extra effort.

clothe the needy, feed the poor, visit sick and imprisoned, forgive enemies, share the word. Love and do not curse, join a ministry, believe God and serve God and people.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟286,413.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Romans 10:9 AMPC
Amplified Bible
because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Put your complete trust in Jesus and righteousness will be the fruit. If you do that, He accounts your faith as righteousness and applies His sacrifice to your sin, and He gives the grace to grow in Him and walk in increasing righteousness. We all commit sins, even mature Christians, but if we are in Christ it is not our nature anymore.

A friend of mine was praying about a play she is producing, and God asked her, "what if I decide to take over and you don't get to put on the play?" Her response was, "can we have the play and revival after?" She realized how far she has to go in her walk with God by that question, but she is way ahead of me at this stage, and much younger than me too. It doesn't make either one of us not real Christians, but it does mean we need to work on our submission to our Father. We're both on the right path, so we'll get there. Just be on the right path, and you'll get there.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Get back to the basics and the Word of God alone.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Acknowledge that this is what saved you and keeps you saved IF YOU KEEP IT IN MEMORY.
Rely on His word and His word alone. Do not judge yourself by comparing yourself. That is not how you got saved to start with and that is not how you will continue and endure. Go to Him empty-handed, humbled.
If you have sinned, once again, rely on His word completely. No excuses:

1 John 1:9 KJV
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Notice it is He that is faithful and just. Your forgiveness is based on His faithfulness, not yours. His forgiving you is a matter of Justice. It would be injustice to NOT forgive you. He paid the price for you... you belong to Him. Just KNOW that, and walk with Him.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Has anyone overcome and stood fast in Godly love?

Oh yes, most certainly yes.
But ... also have I fallen at times, and needed for Him to pick me up and put me back up on my feet again!

That 'resistance' to repenting ... I have known that, too.
For me, I've learned it comes from feeling disappointed in myself ... that I have fallen again.
At the time, it feels like humility ... but really, it is pride, to think that I will not sin again.

Being born again does not make us perfect.
This battle with the flesh goes on and on., till we depart this earth. So, we will sometimes fall.
We are not as good as we like to think that we are.

... But, when we fall, God is lovingly and faithfully near, to forgive us once again.
He knows how weak we are, how much we need His Power and Strength to overcome in this life. He knows.
It is just that sometimes we do not yet realize it, or want to see the truth about ourselves.
But He knows.

If it is false humility that has kept you from repenting ... it's time to let it go.
God has more He wants to give you.
That is what I see ...

Upvote 0