Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"In September 2015, a second meeting was held in Tucson, called The Final Transition Conference. Organized by consciousness researcher Stephan A. Schwartz, the purpose of the meeting was to explore the questions: What happens when we die, and what constitutes humane, decent care of the dying? The conference faculty was composed of therapists, clinicians, scholars, and researchers from the US and Europe, all of whom are involved in various ways in end-of-life care. It became clear that an exclusively materialist view of consciousness — the notion that consciousness is produced by the brain and is annihilated with physical death — cannot account for the rich, variegated experiences that surround the dying brain and body, and that a post-materialist science is required. A key feature of a post-materialist approach is that of nonlocal consciousness, in which consciousness is not considered to be localized or confined to specific points in space, such as the physical brain and body, nor to specific points in time, such as the present."

Nonlocal Consciousness - Pim van Lommel

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
@durangodawood

In short, or the very, very short answer is: "God the Father's good pleasure", etc, which is why any of us (or this) are (is) even here, etc, including God the Son and God the Spirit, etc, but there is also very much more to it than just that also, etc, especially when it comes down to the rest of us not the Father, etc...

Want to hear it, etc...?

God Bless!
What I dont understand is how a being of surpassing creativity could get pleasure out of seeing a machine wind down to a predetermined end. Its like me watching a music box.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@durangodawood

In short, or the very, very short answer is: "God the Father's good pleasure", etc, which is why any of us (or this) are (is) even here, etc, including God the Son and God the Spirit, etc, but there is also very much more to it than just that also, etc, especially when it comes down to the rest of us not the Father, etc...

Want to hear it, etc...?

God Bless!
@durangodawood

It pleased the Father to be able to make beings and give rise to a reality where those beings could, reveal Him in the case of two, and where some others could become like Him or Them (the other Two who would also become like Him, etc) and did this through great hardships or difficulty or by being mistreated by some others (who will not be going beyond this life) in order to learn a very valuable lesson before being able to go beyond this life and into the realm of Heaven or the afterlife, etc...

But that is still just only still mainly about the Father only, etc...

Want to hear any more, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What I dont understand is how a being of surpassing creativity could get pleasure out of seeing a machine wind down to a predetermined end. Its like me watching a music box.
His pleasure from it comes when those who are destined to go beyond this life, finally get to go beyond this life, and when His primary Two have finally become One with Him finally after finally revealing Him to those other ones getting to go beyond this life, etc...

He is a very, very patient man/being, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You don't enjoy the music, etc...?

Or the completed already work of art...?

Like a painting maybe...?

Do you not hang it up in your house and admire it sometimes, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You don't enjoy the music, etc...?

God Bless!
Actually I much prefer to hear the music made by other genuinely creative beings than the recorded music Ive made. I say this as a musician. In fact Id go off my rocker having to listen to just my own recordings.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,453.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you really think such a reductionist view can adequately account for consciousness? For your consideration:

"The modern scientific worldview is predominantly predicated on assumptions that are closely associated with classical physics. Materialism—the idea that matter is the only reality—is one of these assumptions. A related assumption is reductionism, the notion that complex things can be understood by reducing them to the interactions of their parts, or to simpler or more fundamental things such as tiny material particles.

"During the 19th century, these assumptions narrowed, turned into dogmas, and coalesced into an ideological belief system that came to be known as "scientific materialism." This belief system implies that the mind is nothing but the physical activity of the brain. The ideology of scientific materialism became dominant in academia during the 20th century. So dominant that a majority of scientists started to believe that it was based on established empirical evidence, and represented the only rational view of the world.

"At the end of the nineteenth century, physicists discovered empirical phenomena that could not be explained by classical physics. This led to the development, during the 1920s and early 1930s, of a revolutionary new branch of physics called quantum mechanics (QM). QM has questioned the material foundations of the world by showing that atoms and subatomic particles are not really solid objects—they do not exist with certainty at definite spatial locations and definite times. Most importantly, QM explicitly introduced the mind into its basic conceptual structure since it was found that particles being observed and the observer—the physicist and the method used for observation—are linked. According to one interpretation of QM, this phenomenon implies that the consciousness of the observer is vital to the existence of the physical events being observed, and that mental events can affect the physical world. The results of recent experiments support this interpretation. These results suggest that the physical world is no longer the primary or sole component of reality, and that it cannot be fully understood without making reference to the mind.

"The shift from materialist science to post-materialist science may be of vital importance to the evolution of the human civilization. It may be even more pivotal than the transition from geocentrism to heliocentrism."

The Manifesto for a Post-Materialist Science - OpenSciences.org
Terrif. A screed from a woo woo site

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Actually I much prefer to hear the music made by other genuinely creative beings than the recorded music Ive made. I say this as a musician. In fact Id go off my rocker having to listen to just my own recordings.
Well, who is supposed to make or create for Him, etc...?

And I think the difference between good musicians, or great musicians (no offense) is all of their passion in getting all caught up in making it or producing it (their own) for others to be a part of and/or enjoy or get into and/or hear, etc...

For some it is (or becomes) their entire life, etc...

And they either love it or hate it in the end, but God loves it, and loves His though, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, who is supposed to make or create for Him, etc...?

And I think the difference between good musicians, or great musicians (no offense) is all of their passion in getting all caught up in making it or producing it (their own) for others to be a part of and/or enjoy or get into and/or hear, etc...

For some it is (or becomes) their entire life, etc...

And they either love it or hate it in the end, but God loves it, and loves His though, etc...

God Bless!
You gotta admit that these illustrations though, while sometimes useful to us, are almost completely inadequate when it comes to God though, etc...

Painting, music, etc, etc, etc...

I do believe He is an artist though, etc...

And that this, is only just one of His great works of art though, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"At the end of the nineteenth century, physicists discovered empirical phenomena that could not be explained by classical physics. This led to the development, during the 1920s and early 1930s, of a revolutionary new branch of physics called quantum mechanics (QM). QM has questioned the material foundations of the world by showing that atoms and subatomic particles are not really solid objects—they do not exist with certainty at definite spatial locations and definite times. Most importantly, QM explicitly introduced the mind into its basic conceptual structure since it was found that particles being observed and the observer—the physicist and the method used for observation—are linked. According to one interpretation of QM, this phenomenon implies that the consciousness of the observer is vital to the existence of the physical events being observed, and that mental events can affect the physical world. The results of recent experiments support this interpretation. These results suggest that the physical world is no longer the primary or sole component of reality, and that it cannot be fully understood without making reference to the mind.

"The shift from materialist science to post-materialist science may be of vital importance to the evolution of the human civilization. It may be even more pivotal than the transition from geocentrism to heliocentrism."

The Manifesto for a Post-Materialist Science - OpenSciences.org

Sorry you fell for this post-modernist, New Age, woo, twaddle from people who don't understand QM.

QM isn't "post-materialist". It just characterizes matter differently than some shrunken, microscopic version of the macroscopic world (particles as hard spheres, etc.)

• Agree
Reactions: doubtingmerle
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It just characterizes matter differently than some shrunken, microscopic version of the macroscopic world (particles as hard spheres, etc.)
How do you characterize "matter"?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,453.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How do you characterize "matter"?
Maybe before making further demands of others, try making some
on yourself?
That you did not quickly see that you are quoting from
a woo woos ite is a clear indication of a deep failing of i
ntellectual rigour on your part.
Nobody can correct that for you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Creative beings who can surprise Him.
Did you read what I linked...?

Because I think you might need to go back and re-read it again...?

God the Father cannot be surprised, because there is nothing He does not already know fully from the beginning, etc, but God the Son, and God the Spirit (God in the OT) can sometimes be surprised though, sometimes anyway, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe before making further demands of others, try making some
on yourself?
That you did not quickly see that you are quoting from
a woo woos ite is a clear indication of a deep failing of i
ntellectual rigour on your part.
Nobody can correct that for you.

"woo"? Easy thoughtless discount.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I dont understand is how a being of surpassing creativity could get pleasure out of seeing a machine wind down to a predetermined end.
You'd think He would intervene before His creation reaches maximum entropy, wouldn't you?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What could be more fantastically boring than knowing
absolutely everything that ever did or will happen.
There may or may not be a free will in the afterlife, that part I can't know right now, etc...

Or there might be a "level" of afterlife where it might be possible, or that beyond that point maybe even God the Father does not know after that maybe, etc...?

But that would be so very, very, very far down the road that it is very, very much highly, highly theoretical right now, and is more than I am probably even able to speak of or about, even in or from the immediate life in the afterlife hereafter right now, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0