Minnesota
✟219,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I hope MTG is able to get a vote on record. Not stopping the border disaster means children continue to be sex trafficked every day and Americans continue to die of fentanyl overdose each day.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Vambram

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The GOP can’t even come together to agree on a leader for themselves in the House and we’re supposed to trust their choice in leadership for the whole country.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The GOP can’t even come together to agree on a leader for themselves in the House and we’re supposed to trust their choice in leadership for the whole country.
Internal debates are part of politics. To me such debates are a good thing. If someone does not stand true to his or her promises then they can and should be replaced. That's what our elections are all about. I have a lot of experience with politicians and many are good at deceiving people. Hold them accountable.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

I hope MTG is able to get a vote on record. Not stopping the border disaster means children continue to be sex trafficked every day and Americans continue to die of fentanyl overdose each day.
Yeah. The border is the reason those things are happenning. No other reason....just the border.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟559,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Internal debates are part of politics. To me such debates are a good thing. If someone does not stand true to his or her promises then they can and should be replaced. That's what our elections are all about.
If you say so. To me it shows indecision and shortsightedness in electing him speaker, not even a year ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you say so. To me it shows indecision and shortsightedness in electing him speaker, not even a year ago.
If your goal is to have a speaker who stays speaker no matter what then I understand. My goal is to have a speaker of integrity who will do the best for America. If it takes a new speaker every week until such a person is found than so be it. It's like with hiring or electing anyone, or becoming partners with them. We cannot predict the future, how anyone will act. For example, I am sure that when the Biden administration hired Sam Brinton they could not anticipate he would steal luggage.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If you want to look for those who blocked legislative efforts to fix the "border crisis" start with the Senate GOP. There was a deal for a border security/ foreign aid package that would have accelerated decisions on asylum and accelerated deportation of those ineligible to stay, but the GOP senators decided to kill it and so there is nothing. That wasn't Mike Johnson.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you want to look for those who blocked legislative efforts to fix the "border crisis" start with the Senate GOP. There was a deal for a border security/ foreign aid package that would have accelerated decisions on asylum and accelerated deportation of those ineligible to stay, but the GOP senators decided to kill it and so there is nothing. That wasn't Mike Johnson.
The Republicans are the minority in the Senate. The border crisis is deliberate, although there are still some who won't admit it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Republicans are the minority in the Senate.
The Senate rules generally require 60 votes to get anything done.

The Senate brought out a bipartisan deal that (at the start) had enough support.

Then Trump came out against it and accepted the blame for its death.

“As the leader of our party, there is zero chance I will support this horrible, open borders betrayal of America,” Trump said on Saturday. “It’s not going to happen, and I’ll fight it all the way.”

“I notice a lot of the senators, a lot of the senators are trying to say, respectfully, they’re blaming it on me,” Trump continued. “I said ‘that’s OK, please blame it on me.’ Please, because they were getting ready to pass a very bad bill. And I’ll tell you what, a bad bill, I’d rather have no bill than a bad bill.”

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Republicans are the minority in the Senate. The border crisis is deliberate, although there are still some who won't admit it.
A basic understanding of how the Senate functions would prevent this kind of error on your part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Internal debates are part of politics. To me such debates are a good thing. If someone does not stand true to his or her promises then they can and should be replaced. That's what our elections are all about. I have a lot of experience with politicians and many are good at deceiving people. Hold them accountable.
Internal squabbles are indeed part of the process, but as in the sausage factory, meant to be unseen by the hoi polloi.
On the other hand, at least it’s transparent!

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,874.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If it takes a new speaker every week until such a person is found than so be it. It's like with hiring or electing anyone...
I sincerely hope you were never in a position to hire anyone.

'Sorry, boss. The last three guys I took on were completely useless. But don't worry, I'll try again. I mean, how was I to know...'

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,440,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MTG's boss doesn't want an immigration solution. He wants a campaign issue to exploit.

MTG's days as a House influencer may be numbered.

House Republicans were largely dismissive of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) announcement Wednesday that she would force them to vote on ousting Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) next week, with many predicting her move would fail.

Greene’s move has also frustrated top advisers to former president Donald Trump, and one person said Trump has repeatedly described the Republican infighting as “embarrassing.”
“He wishes it would just go away,” this person said.

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

House kills motion to vacate Johnson from speakership

The vote was 359 to 43.

House vote
Only 11 Republicans voted to oust Johnson. (or voted to NOT table the topic, anyway)

Biggs, Burlison, Crane, Davidson, Gosar, Greene, Massie, Mooney, Moore, Roy, Spartz

Among the Democrats to also support his ouster: my congresscritter, some of the squad AOC/Pressley/Tlaib, Maxine Waters...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,202,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private