• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Real Corona

I like Koala's
Jan 13, 2004
Alaska
✟8,143.00
Faith
Christian
I've been using drugs and drinking since I was 11 years old, yes 11. I smoked pot and drank for several years, heavy drinking in the 15-17 range. Then at 17 I became addicted to pain killers.

It started rather innocently. I got my wisdom teeth pulled and the doctor prescribed me Percocets. Well I found out that these pills made me feel pretty darn good! I kept taking them until I ran out on my second prescription. Then I started buying them from other kids at school.

This continued till this year. I went off to college and my quest to find painkillers lead me to coke, ampethamines, more booze and oxycontin. Oxycontin became my best friend. I used it almost everyday because I had the money and it seemed to keep putting the pain off.

Then it came crashing down. My connections was arrested in Spokane and I ended in really bad situation. I spent a week completely riving in pain. My entire body hurt, I didn't want to get up or do anything. I barerly ate and only made my way out of my room to pee and get some water.

Now after I began to recover I was immediatly back into the scene because those were my only friends I had. Needless to say I was quickly back on it.
I still have these pills sitting on my counter and I've spent probably $2000 this year on these pills.

Anyway...

4christ88

Angel in training
Jan 10, 2004
Queens, NYC, US
✟19,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi corona,
actually, i've not had any experience with drugs so i'm sorry i can't relate to it and understand it in a helpful way and i'm sorry that i might not come up with the right thing to say. i have friends who are addicted to smoking, so i know its really hard to stop. well, i don't know exactly what you want people to say to you and it frustrates me when i can't reach out to certain group of people as i'm hardly exposed to things they go through.

those $2000 pills must be really enticing, huh? what do u expect to do about them?? do u really want to stop taking them?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The only way to overcome any addiction is through God.

If you aren't baptized, then sin still has a hold on you, you are its slave. Best advice I can give you is to continue to seek help. Post here, find a church that is biblically based that can help you come to God and overcome your addiction. But, you cannot overcome without God's help.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is no baptism but by faith. In Acts 2, its says "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins"

If you havent sinned yet, how can you even repent. And how can you repent, when you arent even old enough to think for yourself?

So technically, you still aren't all the way there yet.

If you need more scriptures, let me know, getting late, tired...

God give you wisdom! Good night! :wave:

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Real Corona said:
I was baptized Catholic when I was two. But I've gone far away since then.
Can you get a newer English version of the Bible? If you can, get one and start to read it and pray. Jesus said that His words had spirit and life in them. Yes, there is life imparted through the truth in the Bible to those that seek it and ask God for it. His power and promises will help you become a new creature in Him, free from drygs and the pains of this world of sin (mistakes) and death.
I will be praying for you. God bless.....

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Upvote 0

Blazin4Christ

Glory to God, and God alone.
Mar 16, 2004
U.S.A., East Coast,
✟912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Real Corona said:
I've been using drugs and drinking since I was 11 years old, yes 11. I smoked pot and drank for several years, heavy drinking in the 15-17 range. Then at 17 I became addicted to pain killers.

It started rather innocently. I got my wisdom teeth pulled and the doctor prescribed me Percocets. Well I found out that these pills made me feel pretty darn good! I kept taking them until I ran out on my second prescription. Then I started buying them from other kids at school.

This continued till this year. I went off to college and my quest to find painkillers lead me to coke, ampethamines, more booze and oxycontin. Oxycontin became my best friend. I used it almost everyday because I had the money and it seemed to keep putting the pain off.

Then it came crashing down. My connections was arrested in Spokane and I ended in really bad situation. I spent a week completely riving in pain. My entire body hurt, I didn't want to get up or do anything. I barerly ate and only made my way out of my room to pee and get some water.

Now after I began to recover I was immediatly back into the scene because those were my only friends I had. Needless to say I was quickly back on it.
I still have these pills sitting on my counter and I've spent probably $2000 this year on these pills.

Anyway...

I know what thats like, I never did drugs but I always tried to find a real life, in music, friends, dress, I kept trying to find happiness just like you,but happiness is in God, and he will forgive you and help you if you call out to him

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
Blazin4Christ said:
I know what thats like, I never did drugs but I always tried to find a real life, in music, friends, dress, I kept trying to find happiness just like you,but happiness is in God, and he will forgive you and help you if you call out to him

Happiness can be found in wordly things. True joy, however, is only with God.

Reactions: Polycarp1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 12, 2004
Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i too was really into drugs and alcohol at a young age. i was saved and fell far away from the Lord again. Why? because i didnt change my friends. b/c i didnt fully trust God. Since then i just cried out to Him and gave it all up to Him and its been 3 years since i partied at all.

Without God i couldnt have done it

Upvote 0

oneiric

redeemed
Jun 27, 2003
✟15,732.00
Faith
Christian
The best thing I did to run away from the world of drugs is to abandon those "friends" who keep you trapped. What benefit are they of to you? They are only killing your mind and body slowly. Seriously. It's hard, but it's worth it.

And you can't quit on your own by any means. I tried that. I'm worthless and nothing. I can't do anything by myself because I am broken. I can only do it with Christ. He is my Advocate.

That's my advice for you. It got me out of my addiction.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Dissassociating with those that were the old life, takes not only you recognising the need for you to lead a new life, but for you to make a new life. There are a lot of activities offered and you can find them in the local paper under "community announcements/events" Start going, joining, and mingling with a new crowd. Make new friends, get a new calendar of events to enjoy. The problems with addiction is the reason you got the habit in the first place, and the habit itself. Deal with each of these separately. There will be certain times of the day when the habit will scream at you, and that is when you need to be out living the new life you are creating for yourself. There is also the reason, that needs to be address so that you can get over "it" and move on with your life. Prayerfully ask God to put the right people in your life, who can truly help you through this period. Pray that the Lord will show you where yo need to go, who you need to see, and what you need to do. Prayerfully follow the Lords leading and he will take you out of your darkness and into his marvelous light. The trip is not easy, in fact the road gets down right narrow at times, but it is worth it.

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Real Corona said:

Anyway...
i know you probably get it all the time, been there done that. but when people say that and tell you there story it gives you something to look at. well, i have done it...i know i am only 17, but i know whats it like to be hung over before school, smoking at the bus stop, buying tylenol with codene at lunch. i know i have been there. but i finally reached a point in my christianity and my walk with God and i said "God, IM DONE..." and he heard me. always remember what is says in phillippians, i can do all things...you can do anything you set your mind to. i dont want to make you feel low but try rehab. its going to suck but it will help. you can do it i know you can, God knows you can...just try...just give it all to God and say God i dont want this anymore, its ruining me, and it is. it ruins your life goals, your ambitions everything. i had to come to a point where i just throw it away, and i took the trash out, i didnt let it sit in my home. you have to through it away and dont look back. you will face urges to have it and want it, but you have to hold your head high and remember God is here for you, so long as you put your trust in him.

so my advice to you would be take the pills you have sitting on the counter and throw them away, tie the trash bag so you cant get in it, and take it out to the garbage can and leave it there. dont look back, dont regret it...you are doing it for your own good. Best of luck to you...God Bless

Upvote 0