Fort Lauderdale
✟26,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I pray for peace on both sides but I automatically see many Christians choosing to stand with Israel despite their government obvious war crimes and the country’s law against Christians. Is there anywhere in scripture especially in the New Testament where Jesus says we must have support Israel through almost anything?
(

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray for peace on both sides but I automatically see many Christians choosing to stand with Israel despite their government obvious war crimes and the country’s law against Christians. Is there anywhere in scripture especially in the New Testament where Jesus says we must have support Israel through almost anything?
(
Christians, like all people, should pray for peace and strive for reconciliation between the Israeli and Palestinian peoples. The Bible calls for love, justice, and peace (Psalm 37:11, Psalm 34:14, Isaiah 2:4). The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a complex issue with deep historical, political, and religious roots. It's essential to remember that both Israelis and Palestinians are God's children (Genesis 12:3, Jeremiah 31:35-37). Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Palestine, and was a Jew.

Regarding the unethical practices of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) or Hamas's ruthless killings of innocent lives, Christians should speak out against violence and injustice, regardless of who perpetrates them. The Bible condemns violence and calls for righteousness and truth (Psalm 89:14, Proverbs 12:23, Micah 6:8).

However, it's crucial to approach the issue with a nuanced understanding. Both sides have committed atrocities, and neither side can be exonerated entirely. It's essential to differentiate between the actions of individual soldiers or civilians and the policies of their governments.

Moreover, it's important to recognize that the situation is not a simple black-and-white issue but rather a complex one with many underlying factors. Christians should advocate for diplomacy, dialogue, and nonviolent solutions to the conflict (Matthew 5:9, Romans 12:17-18).

It's also essential to support organizations that promote peace and reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians, such as through the Christian Peacemaker Teams or Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center (Palestinian Christian organization).

TLDR: Christians should stand for peace between both nations and speak out against violence, injustice, and unethical practices on all sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It's imperative to approach the issue with a nuanced understanding, recognizing the complexity and historical roots of the conflict while promoting diplomacy, dialogue, and nonviolent solutions.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟14,842.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(
In the New Testament, particularly in the teachings of Jesus, there isn't a direct command to support Israel through almost anything. However, there are passages that speak about love, compassion, and justice, which can inform how Christians engage with conflicts involving any nation, including Israel.

One passage often cited in discussions about the relationship between Christians and Israel is found in the Old Testament, in Genesis 12:3, where God promises to bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants. Some interpret this as a directive to support Israel. However, in the New Testament, the teachings of Jesus emphasize a broader perspective on love and compassion for all people, rather than allegiance to a specific nation or political entity.

For instance, in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7), Jesus teaches about the principles of love, forgiveness, and reconciliation. He calls on his followers to love their enemies and to pray for those who persecute them (Matthew 5:44). This can be seen as a call to extend compassion and empathy to all, regardless of nationality or political affiliation.

In the New Testament, there is a strong emphasis on justice and righteousness. Christians are called to speak out against injustice and oppression, regardless of where it occurs. This includes holding governments and leaders accountable for their actions, even if they are allies or associated with a particular religious group.

Some may feel a strong connection to Israel based on their religious beliefs, while others may prioritize principles of justice and human rights. It's important for individuals to prayerfully discern how to apply biblical teachings in a way that promotes peace, justice, and reconciliation for all people involved in conflicts around the world.

But to me, the real question of this conflict is about the action of it's government. Does it reflect the will of the majority of israelites or the teachings of Jesus, for me I think not.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
(

Lets go Biblical on this issue.

Most present day Jews living on Israel are mostly Orthodox/Rabbinical Judaists. Their religion is a direct descendant of the Pharisee sect and are fundamentally and doctrinally the same religion.

God and Jesus do care for the Jews. Why else was Jesus sent to them by being born among them out of the many races in the world?

However Jesus also called the Pharisees as murderers and liars. Jesus NEVER supported the Pharisees in their murderous campaign and the oppression of other people.

The Bible had many verses like that Jews actually petitioned to ban the Bible as an anti-Semitic book and brand Jesus as anti-Semitist.

Love the Jews but NOT support their campaign of blood and oppression.

Christians who blindly support Israel's unjust war campaign either don't read their Bibles or have poor understanding of the Bible or been listening to false teachers.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imo, if Israel is doing something wrong, we christians are allowed to correct them. Israel aint our God.
Amen, friend. :) No country is sinless, so we are 100% allowed, and even morally obligated to correct, or at least try to convince said countries that hurting civilians is unethical.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would hope we'd seek God's heart above all and not allow ourselves to be swayed by worldly men and women. I don't believe we should give a pass to anyone and transgress scripture while doing so. If the Lord is foremost, not a pastor, politician or personal feeling the way forward is obvious and our prayers will follow suit.

~bella

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would hope we'd seek God's heart above all and not allow ourselves to be swayed by worldly men and women. I don't believe we should give a pass to anyone and transgress scripture while doing so. If the Lord is foremost, not a pastor, politician or personal feeling the way forward is obvious and our prayers will follow suit.

~bella
Yep, Psalm 10:2-7 says stuff about avoiding these transgressors, and how we must stay away from worldly folks.

This is a Bible study, which I made that discusses about how we must try to avoid bad schemes.

DateApril 18, 2024
VersePsalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
ExplanationThis passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.
Applications for Life1. To respond to this verse in our daily lives, we should make attempts to be aware of the existence of wicked individuals and their tactics. Recognize that these people exist and that they may try to take advantage of us or others.
2. Maintaining a strong connection with God through faith is crucial in navigating life's challenges. We should stay rooted in our commitment to Him and seek His guidance and wisdom.

3. Practicing compassion towards those who are vulnerable or marginalized is essential. Standing up for the weak and advocating for their rights ensures they are not exploited or taken advantage of by wicked individuals.

4. Living according to God's commandments, especially loving our neighbors as ourselves, is crucial in creating a positive impact on our communities. We should extend kindness and respect to all people, regardless of their background or circumstances.

5. Praying for wicked individuals and their eventual repentance is a vital response to this verse. We should not judge them but instead extend forgiveness and grace as God has extended to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Additionally, seeking wisdom and guidance from trusted sources like pastors, spiritual leaders, or mentors can provide valuable perspective and insight when dealing with difficult situations involving wicked individuals.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Imo, if Israel is doing something wrong, we christians are allowed to correct them. Israel aint our God.

We only support Israel by bringing them the Gospel. Ofc, humanitarian aid if they ever need it. But not for the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is possible that Israel is now disobeying God. If they are, we are not obligated to help them to dishonor God!

But God can use them for His purpose, right while they are being disobedient to Jesus who is their Messiah.

They can have the right to their land and to safety, but this does not mean they are doing things the right way. And in case they are acting in pride >

"God resists the proud,"

we have in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5.

So, what we are seeing can be God's arrangement to keep resisting Israel while they keep disobeying God. However, God is always succeeding in His purpose.

In disobedience, they can not do things right, and this could at least partly explain how they were able to let Hamas raid as successfully as they did. If this is so, then Hamas is not their number-one problem. And if the Palestinians should have put Hamas out, then Israel is not their real trouble.

If you have a nice house but let rats come in, this is not the rats' fault. If you let your children swim in and get water from a crocodile inhabited river, the crocodiles will take advantage of the opportunity which you give them.

Prevention, then, might be the right way to support Israel. Offer and support what is right, and whatever they do otherwise could be on their own.

Upvote 0