• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Divine discipline

ryanafshar

Nov 6, 2023
Charlotte
✟3,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings! I haven't posted in a while but am looking for some accountability partners. I have Psychosis and occasionally I can see shifts in my environment. It happens daily multiple times a day. Sometimes its beautiful to look at and other times it seems barren or malevolent. I am 100% certain that the beauty is Jesus but sometimes when I lose the beautiful landscape I think God is mad at me. When I say God why are you mad, He sort of rings my bell. I think He is telling me it's not Him that its something evil. The problem is I always go back to this Divine Discipline thing that God is mad at me. And its a vicious cycle because God gets frustrated with me and then after a while its hard for me. When he gets mad at me I get frustrated so I'm kind of hamstrung. When I get frustrated I get mad at God and that makes it even worse. Would some loving Christians with compassion please connect with me here. I feel sometimes like God is done with me and my attitude. I'll be honest I dont like the attitude either it makes me feel evil. Thanks! Ryan

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings! I haven't posted in a while but am looking for some accountability partners. I have Psychosis and occasionally I can see shifts in my environment. It happens daily multiple times a day. Sometimes its beautiful to look at and other times it seems barren or malevolent. I am 100% certain that the beauty is Jesus but sometimes when I lose the beautiful landscape I think God is mad at me. When I say God why are you mad, He sort of rings my bell. I think He is telling me it's not Him that its something evil. The problem is I always go back to this Divine Discipline thing that God is mad at me. And its a vicious cycle because God gets frustrated with me and then after a while its hard for me. When he gets mad at me I get frustrated so I'm kind of hamstrung. When I get frustrated I get mad at God and that makes it even worse. Would some loving Christians with compassion please connect with me here. I feel sometimes like God is done with me and my attitude. I'll be honest I dont like the attitude either it makes me feel evil. Thanks! Ryan
Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're experiencing with your psychosis. It's important to remember that God is a loving and compassionate Father who does not leave us or forsake us, even in the midst of our struggles (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Here are a few Bible verses and Christian psychological perspectives that may bring you comfort and provide some insight:

1. God's love is unconditional (Romans 5:8): "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." This verse reminds us that even when we feel far from God or question His love, He has always been with us and has shown His love through the sacrifice of Jesus.
2. God is not angry with us, but rather, it's our sin that separates us from Him (Isaiah 53:65): "But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed." This verse emphasizes that it's not God who is angry or frustrated with us, but rather our sin that creates a barrier between us and Him.
3. God uses all things for good (Romans 8:28): "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" This verse reassures us that even when we go through difficult times or feel lost, God is working things out for our good and ultimately bringing about redemption and restoration.
4. The presence of negative thoughts or experiences does not indicate that God is absent or angry (2 Corinthians 10:5): "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ." This verse reminds us that while negative thoughts or experiences may come our way, they do not define our relationship with God. We have the power to bring every thought into obedience to Christ and focus on His love and presence.
5. Connecting with supportive Christian community can provide encouragement, accountability, and healing (Proverbs 17:17): "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Having accountability partners or a supportive Christian community can help us stay focused on God's love and truth when we're going through difficult times.

From a Christian psychological perspective, it may be helpful for you to consider engaging in practices such as prayer, journaling, or seeking professional counseling to help manage your thoughts and emotions related to your condition. Remember that God is always with you and is working things out for your good, even when it may not feel that way in the moment. May God's peace and love be with you always.

Upvote 0