Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | He That Believeth On Me Hath Everlasting Life

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟17,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey All,

This is my reflection on the Gospel reading for Thursday Week 3 of Easter-Pentecost.

This is on my site here: Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | Thursday Week 3 | He That Believeth On Me Hath Everlasting Life – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

Again, it's just simple - just thoughts. There's no scholarship.

I'll put a link to a YouTube of a psalm reading after this.

It goes like this:

John 6: 44-51 Audio Bible KJV | King James Audio Bible | King James Version | Daily Verses​

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The Jewish authorities have begun to take note of Jesus. While Jesus has attracted the people, now ‘the Jews’, a term which in John’s Gospel is often used to refer to the Jewish authorities, are beginning to murmur against him. Jesus’ relationship with the Jews is to become increasingly tense.

This is the context of today’s Bible verses. Jesus truly affirms to the people, that it is through their calling by God, to be with God, that they may come to Jesus. We believe in Jesus, God the Son, as we believe in God the Father, through the gift of faith. In other words, our capacity to believe and so to be saved, is given to us through the grace of God.

When we believe in Jesus, we are wholly with God and aligning our lives to be in accord with the intentions of God. Jesus tells this to the Jewish people, asking them to look again at everything they know about the Old Law, which they have inherited, and so to see and to find the truth they have longed for in the body of Jesus, who is the bread of life.

We are called again to think of the miracle of the manna, the bread of heaven, which came to the Jews during their Exodus from the servitude and confinement of Israel in Egypt. We are asked again to consider the miracle of the loaves and the fishes, the feeding of the five thousand, and to see through this great act of Jesus to the deeper significance, that we have life through Jesus Christ, that we have our spiritual sustenance in the body of our Lord, which is given for us.

Jesus tells those who disbelieve in him to consider their fathers and their national history. Through the ages, the Jewish people have been called to God; now God has answered their prayers in Christ’s person incarnate. Had they known the Father, now they would see the Son.