Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to start jogging last week and did it a few times, but I have been getting bored with running on a treadmill. So, today I thought that what I would do is change things up and do treadmill, stair master and elliptical on different days and maybe some weigh training also. I'm more interested in overall fitness than just jogging and I seem to get bored easily. I thought maybe mixing things up would keep me coming back. What do you think about this?

I did about 33 minutes on the elliptical machine this afternoon

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I find it less monotonous to jog on the park instead.

I ride a bicycle and when I'm working out half the day, I'd ride my bicycle to one park, jog there 30 minutes, get back to my bicycle, ride to another park and jog there another 30 minutes and so on and so forth. The last part of the workout is finding a place where I can ride my bicycle for at least an hour for active recovery.

On weekdays I lift weights at home. and also jog/walk up and down the stairwell of our apartment so I can work and workout at the same time.

Reactions: jsimms615
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,280,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are interested in fitness, both cardio and resistance training are important. Neither one has to be very intense to get significant gains. Just spending more time walking or on your feet every day contributes alot to improving cardiovascular health. And you don't have to lift heavy to benefit from resistance training, as long at least a moderate degree of effort is being used.

Sticking to a schedule and being consistent are also important.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find it less monotonous to jog on the park instead.

I ride a bicycle and when I'm working out half the day, I'd ride my bicycle to one park, jog there 30 minutes, get back to my bicycle, ride to another park and jog there another 30 minutes and so on and so forth. The last part of the workout is finding a place where I can ride my bicycle for at least an hour for active recovery.

On weekdays I lift weights at home. and also jog/walk up and down the stairwell of our apartment so I can work and workout at the same time.
Sounds like you have a lot of parks. We have a busy highway outside of our small neighborhood and I would not think it is safe to ride a bike on the shoulder of the highway. Sounds like a good routine you have going

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are interested in fitness, both cardio and resistance training are important. Neither one has to be very intense to get significant gains. Just spending more time walking or on your feet every day contributes alot to improving cardiovascular health. And you don't have to lift heavy to benefit from resistance training, as long at least a moderate degree of effort is being used.

Sticking to a schedule and being consistent are also important.
that is what I have heard as well.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,280,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds like you have a lot of parks. We have a busy highway outside of our small neighborhood and I would not think it is safe to ride a bike on the shoulder of the highway. Sounds like a good routine you have going

Biking in some places in the US is taking your life into your own hands. I wouldn't feel safe on the road outside my apartment, either.

Get some resistance bands and a door hook. You can do squats, presses, pushups, and rows. Squats in particular are a very important functional exercise, it can help with balance and overall mobility.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

There's actually no dedicated bike paths in our small parks. It caters entirely to joggers, runners, just about anyone on foot, not on any set of wheels (except roller skates I suppose).

It just tends to be safer to rider your bike in the roads around these parks on weekends from low volume of traffic. Otherwise, I still have to share the road with cars.

Upvote 0