United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
During oral arguments in a case about government censorship on social media, Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson expressed concern that the First Amendment is overly restricting the government's ability to respond to emergencies.

When the state of Louisiana argued the government cannot coerce platforms to remove content, Jackson countered some situations may require the government to "encourage or require" censorship for public safety.

Oh, sure---a Supreme Court justice thinks we should have our First Amendment rights suspended during "emergencies"----just for a while....so the government can choose what we see or hear or read....just to make sure we're getting the "correct" version of things.

Another crisis you can't let go to waste, Justice Goebbels?
1f620.png
And once the "emergency" is over, does the government allow our rights back to us again?

I think we both know the answer to that one. Call me paranoid, but I trust you and your kinky grandpa, there, about as far as I can throw the Rock of Gibraltar.

One would think that anybody who makes it into the Supreme Court would understand that the First Amendment, just like the rest of the Constitution, is there to protect the People from the government, not for the government to control the People.

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh, sure---a Supreme Court justice thinks we should have our First Amendment rights suspended during "emergencies"----just for a while....so the government can choose what we see or hear or read....just to make sure we're getting the "correct" version of things.

Another crisis you can't let go to waste, Justice Goebbels?
1f620.png
And once the "emergency" is over, does the government allow our rights back to us again?

I think we both know the answer to that one. Call me paranoid, but I trust you and your kinky grandpa, there, about as far as I can throw the Rock of Gibraltar.

One would think that anybody who makes it into the Supreme Court would understand that the First Amendment, just like the rest of the Constitution, is there to protect the People from the government, not for the government to control the People.

Isn't censorship always for public safety? As in, "I only lie to you to protect you from the truth".

Upvote 0