Visit site
✟1,370,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ!— assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.” (Ephesians 4:17-24 ESV)

When we believe in Jesus Christ with God-gifted and God-persuaded faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 6:44), we are transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God. We are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer to live as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness (Romans 6:1-23). The old “me” is now gone and now a new “me” has emerged, and the new “me” is not to be like the old “me.”

So, if our faith in Jesus Christ is genuine faith, of the Spirit of God, and not of the flesh, we should no longer walk (in conduct, in practice) as the ungodly of this world do. We should no longer be hardhearted with regard to the commands of God, and with regard to holy and righteous living. We should no longer be callous toward the Lord, giving ourselves up to sensuality and sexual idolatry, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. For that is NOT the way we should have learned Christ and the gospel of Christ.

For if we have actually heard the truth about Christ and his gospel message, then we should have been taught the truth that is in Christ Jesus, “to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.” For this is the essence of the gospel of our salvation, that Jesus died so we would die to sin and live to righteousness.

For Jesus said that if anyone would come after him that he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin and to self) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for the sake of Jesus we deny self, die daily to sin, and follow him in obedience, in practice, then we have the hope of eternal life with God. And he said that not everyone who calls him “Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one DOING the will of God (Luke 9:23-26; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 Peter 2:24).

A Believer’s Prayer

An Original Work / July 31, 2012

With my whole heart, Lord, I pray
To be Yours, and Yours always.
Lead me in Your truth today.
May I love You, and obey.
Lead me in Your righteousness.
When I sin, may I confess;
Bow before You when I pray;
Live for You and You always.

Love You, Jesus, You’re my friend.
Life with You will never end.