• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

At work and extremely anxious

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I called out. I'm going to the hospital. God I feel so weak..

I feel so bad.. I wish I could be strong like everyone else.
Can I offer a bit of comfort in the midst of the trials you are suffering? Would you consider Moses and Elijah as pretty 'strong people' compared to you and me, especially considering all that God accomplished through them? Did you know that both of them got so overwhelmed at some point that they flat-out asked God to kill them? God's answer? He got them through it - because He had promised to do so. And He didn't condemn them for reaching that point of despair. To the contrary, He rewarded them for continuing to come to Him with their frustrations.

I strongly encourage you to keep praying like you are doing no matter how distant He seems - and asking for prayers and help in bearing your considerable load. Especially continually ask to know Him more fully, that is the key to all deliverance.

And I also would add a word of warning - that choosing suicide would be an affront to all He has done in your life so far, particularly providing His Son to purchase your eternal life and His Spirit to sustain you in the here and now. I say that as a fellow believer who struggled with the same temptation for years and years. He eventually got me through it, and many others on this forum. He'll get you through it too!

God bless! Staying in prayer...

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I offer a bit of comfort in the midst of the trials you are suffering? Would you consider Moses and Elijah as pretty 'strong people' compared to you and me, especially considering all that God accomplished through them? Did you know that both of them got so overwhelmed at some point that they flat-out asked God to kill them? God's answer? He got them through it - because He had promised to do so. And He didn't condemn them for reaching that point of despair. To the contrary, He rewarded them for continuing to come to Him with their frustrations.

I strongly encourage you to keep praying like you are doing no matter how distant He seems - and asking for prayers and help in bearing your considerable load. Especially continually ask to know Him more fully, that is the key to all deliverance.

And I also would add a word of warning - that choosing suicide would be an affront to all He has done in your life so far, particularly providing His Son to purchase your eternal life and His Spirit to sustain you in the here and now. I say that as a fellow believer who struggled with the same temptation for years and years. He eventually got me through it, and many others on this forum. He'll get you through it too!

God bless! Staying in prayer...
I'm definitely praying. I'm gonna try and fast. I also got prescription for some meds. I'm gonna try that as well. Please tell me what helped u

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm definitely praying. I'm gonna try and fast. I also got prescription for some meds. I'm gonna try that as well. Please tell me what helped u
Well, I can only tell you what made the crucial difference for me. About two years ago I felt a conviction to start having a daily quiet time each morning - a combination of prayer and Bible study. For 30 years I had resisted this advice - I mean what a pain - but now I was so desperate I would try anything.

At first it seemed I was just going through the motions. I couldn't detect any change or any deliverance from all my struggles. Why am I doing this? I don't have time for this! I wondered if God really understood how urgently I needed saving from the fear of really losing it - and all the contributing factors - panic attacks, anxiety, crippling depression, hellishly invasive thoughts, etc etc. I needed help NOW.

All I can say looking back is that He knew exactly what He was doing, and He is brilliant. He IS love. He DOES supply all of our needs. The main thing I've learned - I can confidently tell you that His number one priority for all of us is for us to seek first to know Him more deeply and have a real personal fellowship with Him (daily) - before and above all else we think we need. And it's only possible through Jesus - because He is the one who reveals Him.

Frankly, I still have major challenges. But I've learned that when He says that "He who began a good work in you SHALL complete it in Christ Jesus" - He means it. Along with all the other hundreds of promises He makes in His Word. I've rediscovered my true purpose and that's all that gets me outta bed some mornings.

I know what you're facing is frightening - it still is for me sometimes - but I promise it will get better and hope will increase if you keep seeking Him every day. Faith is the key and He even supplies that.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I can only tell you what made the crucial difference for me. About two years ago I felt a conviction to start having a daily quiet time each morning - a combination of prayer and Bible study. For 30 years I had resisted this advice - I mean what a pain - but now I was so desperate I would try anything.

At first it seemed I was just going through the motions. I couldn't detect any change or any deliverance from all my struggles. Why am I doing this? I don't have time for this! I wondered if God really understood how urgently I needed saving from the fear of really losing it - and all the contributing factors - panic attacks, anxiety, crippling depression, hellishly invasive thoughts, etc etc. I needed help NOW.

All I can say looking back is that He knew exactly what He was doing, and He is brilliant. He IS love. He DOES supply all of our needs. The main thing I've learned - I can confidently tell you that His number one priority for all of us is for us to seek first to know Him more deeply and have a real personal fellowship with Him (daily) - before and above all else we think we need. And it's only possible through Jesus - because He is the one who reveals Him.

Frankly, I still have major challenges. But I've learned that when He says that "He who began a good work in you SHALL complete it in Christ Jesus" - He means it. Along with all the other hundreds of promises He makes in His Word. I've rediscovered my true purpose and that's all that gets me outta bed some mornings.

I know what you're facing is frightening - it still is for me sometimes - but I promise it will get better and hope will increase if you keep seeking Him every day. Faith is the key and He even supplies that.
I don't feel conviction. My family left and I feel somewhat better but still tearful like I cried this morning and I don't know why. I'm going to church tommorow for sure and I'm praying I get a word or something from God or someone bc I don't know why I feel this way.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟29,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have faith that He's drawing near to you - I really do. And you are responding to His leading with a soft heart. Take comfort in that. You have His promise that He will reward you:

Psalm 34:18 NIV

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have faith that He's drawing near to you - I really do. And you are responding to His leading with a soft heart. Take comfort in that. You have His promise that He will reward you:

Psalm 34:18 NIV

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Thank you. I thought about that verse. I'm gonna try and quote scripture over myself

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So. I went to church and I'm so happy I went. Went to the altar call and it was really helpful. As someone was praying for me they were just telling me to let go and let God in..

Whatever it was I could feel it come up and I could feel myself getting angry. Like my face ... I wanted to let it go but I couldn't. I didn't even know why I was feeling so angry

But I felt and heard God telling me I'm safe and he wants to save me.

I also got my prescription...

Today has been a God day. I'm going to ask God to help me identify what that anger was and remove it.. bc.. that was unexpected.

Thank you all for praying for me.

Upvote 0