WI
✟112,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I am personally opposed to abortion, I don’t want to make it illegal. The public seems to want legal abortions with some restrictions. I think more effort needs to be put into educating people on what abortion really is and trying to change their minds
Maybe a cut-off date for abortions, such as 2 month terms could be a compromise?

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last I heard it was not the sex that was illegal.
Men take women on dates, buy their meals, their drinks, buy them gifts, it’s almost the same as paying for it.
edit; this was an attempt at humor and in no way implies that I think women owe men anything for a date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟917,345.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Men take women on dates, buy their meals, their drinks, buy them gifts, it’s almost the same as paying for it.
Not really relevant to the point at hand. Women are free to have sex or not as they choose since it is their body.

(BTW, don't know if you are married but if you are I would advise against telling your wife what you stated above ;) )

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really relevant to the point at hand. Women are free to have sex or not as they choose since it is their body.

(BTW, don't know if you are married but if you are I would advise against telling your wife what you stated above ;) )
Don’t worry

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟27,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Abortion and Mental Health

This review was undertaken in an effort to produce an unbiased, quantitative analysis of the best available evidence addressing abortion as one risk factor among many others that may increase the likelihood of mental health problems. The composite results reported herein indicate that abortion is a statistically validated risk factor for the development of various psychological disorders. However, when the independent variable cannot be ethically manipulated, as is the case with abortion history, definitive causal conclusions are precluded from both individual studies and from a quantitative synthesis such as this one. Although an answer to the causal question is not readily discerned based on the data available, as more prospective studies with numerous controls are being published, indirect evidence for a causal connection is beginning to emerge.

The fact that some women do have maladjustments is most specifically documented in case studies developed by post-abortion counselors successfully treating women with maladjustments, including counselors working from a pro-choice perspective4044 as well as from those working from a pro-life perspective.4547

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟376,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion and Mental Health

This review was undertaken in an effort to produce an unbiased, quantitative analysis of the best available evidence addressing abortion as one risk factor among many others that may increase the likelihood of mental health problems. The composite results reported herein indicate that abortion is a statistically validated risk factor for the development of various psychological disorders. However, when the independent variable cannot be ethically manipulated, as is the case with abortion history, definitive causal conclusions are precluded from both individual studies and from a quantitative synthesis such as this one. Although an answer to the causal question is not readily discerned based on the data available, as more prospective studies with numerous controls are being published, indirect evidence for a causal connection is beginning to emerge.

The fact that some women do have maladjustments is most specifically documented in case studies developed by post-abortion counselors successfully treating women with maladjustments, including counselors working from a pro-choice perspective4044 as well as from those working from a pro-life perspective.4547

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall in the BJPsych article any data re. the pre-pregnancy mental status of women who seek abortions. The overall incidence of post-partum depression is 1 in 7--slightly over 14%. That's a significant number of women. It's quite possible that women who terminate are more susceptible to PPD than others. But even in women who deliver, PPD is more serious than the baby blues, which usually resolves in a week or so. Professional help is needed.

Postpartum Depression - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

The article also doesn't mention abortion technique. Over half of terminations are now done medically within the first 10-15 weeks using mifepristone and misoprotol. It would be interesting to know the incidence of depression and other psychological effects of non-surical abortions.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s really not, though. It’s comments like that which lead women to pick the bear.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate that they don’t have a sense of humor. I don’t know what pick the bear means though
I have a fantastic sense of humor, as do a ton of women. I am 100% confident I’m the funniest person you’ll never meet.

As a rule, though, they don’t see the humor in being told that dating is transactional for sex or the inference that they’re prostitutes who owe sex to somebody they date. Especially given that an overwhelming number of women have been told this in all seriousness at least once in her life by some guy who genuinely believed it, and likely followed up her disgust with deflection and blame shifting like “well you can’t take a joke” or further insults like “why are you such a…”

Besides, not only is it not funny, but it’s not original. Right up there with the register not scanning something not scanning properly and then saying to the cashier “iT mUsT bE fReE hAr HaR.”

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a fantastic sense of humor, as do a ton of women. I am 100% confident I’m the funniest person you’ll never meet.

As a rule, though, they don’t see the humor in being told that dating is transactional for sex or the inference that they’re prostitutes who owe sex to somebody they date. Especially given that an overwhelming number of women have been told this in all seriousness at least once in her life by some guy who genuinely believed it, and likely followed up her disgust with deflection and blame shifting like “well you can’t take a joke” or further insults like “why are you such a…”

Besides, not only is it not funny, but it’s not original. Right up there with the register not scanning something not scanning properly and then saying to the cashier “iT mUsT bE fReE hAr HaR.”
I would never expect that paying for a woman’s meal, drinks and whatever else we did entitled me to anything more than the pleasure of her company.
Anyone who thinks a woman owes them something for a date is not only wrong they are ignorant.
I didn’t know that you were the spokesperson for all women though and know their experiences, likes and dislikes.
I still don’t know what pick the bear means and if you didn’t find my comment funny, no problem, it wasn’t intended for you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟917,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would never expect that paying for a woman’s meal, drinks and whatever else we did entitled me to anything more than the pleasure of her company.
Anyone who thinks a woman owes them something for a date is not only wrong they are ignorant.
I didn’t know that you were the spokesperson for all women though and know their experiences, likes and dislikes.
I still don’t know what pick the bear means and if you didn’t find my comment funny, no problem, it wasn’t intended for you
Pick the bear refers to a question posed online to women: would you rather be alone in the woods with a bear or a man? (The man is a stranger.)The answers have been pretty much unanimous that women would choose the bear. Meaning that women, by a majority, believe they are in greater danger with the man than the bear.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pick the bear refers to a question posed online to women: would you rather be alone in the woods with a bear or a man? (The man is a stranger.)The answers have been pretty much unanimous that women would choose the bear. Meaning that women, by a majority, believe they are in greater danger with the man than the bear.
Then they have been around the wrong men, and there are plenty of them.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟917,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then they have been around the wrong men, and there are plenty of them.
But a woman cannot know the intentions of a stranger, and so many have been harmed in one way or another, whether by a stranger or a man they know, that is safer to avoid them. And statistically, the bear is far less likely to harm them.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But a woman cannot know the intentions of a stranger, and so many have been harmed in one way or another, whether by a stranger or a man they know, that is safer to avoid them. And statistically, the bear is far less likely to harm them.
Statistically you’re more likely to get struck by lightning than attacked by a shark, until you get in the water. Same thing applies to the woods. The chances of a bear attack go up when you are in their territory.
Still women are wise to avoid strangers and some men they know. I don’t understand men who can harm women. When I was in patrol I arrested more people for domestic violence than anything else. I could never treat anyone like that, especially someone I’m supposed to care about

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Laeomis

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2024
✟4,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of things have come to light since the overturning of Roe V. Wade. Something I've come to realize while watching the news is that unexpected circumstances are occurring. One of these concerns the miscarriage laws in Exodus 21:22-25

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[e] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
This law implies that the punishment for causing a miscarriage will be determined by the husband. In recent news, however, some people being denied abortions are married. If the couple is married, and the husband wants an abortion because of health implications, then there is nobody to determine the punishment. Before Roe V. Wade was overturned, I did not realize this Biblical understanding.

Upvote 0