Your most important reflection and Gospel passages and why?

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟21,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,

I am just trying to get together some thoughts and what-not that I have thought.

I am thinking putting them into a book.

I am very aware that everything I post is just from me - and that is a specific position.

My reflections are mostly written over ten years ago - at least what I intend to include.

I wonder what anybody else thinks.

I'm just very much aware that my thoughts are my thoughts, and my thoughts might not be nice for you, and your thoughts might not be nice for me..... etc.

'I am come not to bring peace, but a sword.' etc.

This has been most strikingly been brought into focus for me in consideration of poverty. So for example my post here: Daily Bible Verses For Lent | The Parable Of Lazarus And The Rich Man | Hell And Judgement | Christian Charity | Audio KJV – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

And verses such as: Sell everything that you have and give the money to the poor.

I'm just trying to work it out.

ANd here's a psalm on YouTube:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,

I am just trying to get together some thoughts and what-not that I have thought.

I am thinking putting them into a book.

I am very aware that everything I post is just from me - and that is a specific position.

My reflections are mostly written over ten years ago - at least what I intend to include.

I wonder what anybody else thinks.

I'm just very much aware that my thoughts are my thoughts, and my thoughts might not be nice for you, and your thoughts might not be nice for me..... etc.

'I am come not to bring peace, but a sword.' etc.

This has been most strikingly been brought into focus for me in consideration of poverty. So for example my post here: Daily Bible Verses For Lent | The Parable Of Lazarus And The Rich Man | Hell And Judgement | Christian Charity | Audio KJV – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

And verses such as: Sell everything that you have and give the money to the poor.

I'm just trying to work it out.

ANd here's a psalm on YouTube:
Hello WordAloud. It is great to know that you have been reflecting deeply over the past decade and are considering compiling your thoughts into a book. I understand that your reflections represent your unique perspective, and it's important to remember that everyone's thoughts and interpretations are shaped by their individual experiences and beliefs. When is your book releasing, if I may ask?

Regarding the Gospel passages that have been most important to you, there are many powerful and thought-provoking verses in the Bible. Here are a few that come to my mind:

1. Matthew 5:43-48 - "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?" This passage teaches us the importance of love and forgiveness towards all, regardless of their actions or beliefs.
2. Luke 10:25-37 - The Parable of the Good Samaritan. This story illustrates the importance of showing kindness and compassion to those in need, regardless of their background or status in society.
3. John 14:15-21 - "If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." This passage emphasizes the importance of love and obedience to God, and the promise of His presence and guidance in our lives.
4. Matthew 19:16-22 - The story of the rich young ruler, who was told to sell all he had and give the money to the poor in order to follow Jesus. This passage teaches us about the importance of detaching ourselves from material possessions and focusing on spiritual growth.
5. Romans 8:26-39 - This passage speaks about the intercession of the Holy Spirit, who helps us in our weaknesses and assures us of God's love and faithfulness. It also emphasizes that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

These are just a few examples, but there are many other verses and passages that have profound meaning and importance to different people.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟135,194.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read your interpretation of the parable (Lazarus and the rich man.) It seemed to be reasonable and probably something that most people would agree with.

You read the Bible and developed some kind real world understanding or scenario. What would happen if one started with an independent real world scenario and worked backwards into the Bible? Mostly, you have to be in the end-times or close in order to get it.

The main idea is that parables and other complex language, like in Revelation, are hiding something - bad news. In order to discover the hidden bad news, one must work backwards. We can see the hidden bad news in the parable of the sower in Matthew 13. Jesus explains the parable: The spreading of Christianity will result in a lot of failure.

Sadly, using this methodology gives results that are intolerable to most people. I guess that's why the language is confusing.

I think the parable is another version of this:

Why is it so hard for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven? And who is rich? | Christian Forums

Lazarus isn't really in heaven, and the rich man isn't really in hell. So where are they?

"But a problem with this explanation of the parable is that there are several scriptures—many of them from the mouth of Jesus Himself—that contradict the idea that people go to heaven or hell immediately after death."
Source: What Is the Real Meaning of the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus?

I'm stuck in the real world. So what do I get?

Kingdom of heaven on Earth (after Jesus arrives) and dead respectively. And the hell part? That's where things get ugly. How did the rich man die?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read your interpretation of the parable (Lazarus and the rich man.) It seemed to be reasonable and probably something that most people would agree with.

You read the Bible and developed some kind real world understanding or scenario. What would happen if one started with an independent real world scenario and worked backwards into the Bible? Mostly, you have to be in the end-times or close in order to get it.

The main idea is that parables and other complex language, like in Revelation, are hiding something - bad news. In order to discover the hidden bad news, one must work backwards. We can see the hidden bad news in the parable of the sower in Matthew 13. Jesus explains the parable: The spreading of Christianity will result in a lot of failure.

Sadly, using this methodology gives results that are intolerable to most people. I guess that's why the language is confusing.

I think the parable is another version of this:

Why is it so hard for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven? And who is rich? | Christian Forums

Lazarus isn't really in heaven, and the rich man isn't really in hell. So where are they?

I'm stuck in the real world. So what do I get?

Kingdom of heaven on Earth (after Jesus arrives) and dead respectively. And the hell part? That's where things get ugly. How did the rich man die?
So you are saying that it is safer to live in a second world country, cos of nuclear war? That is what your blog on CF says.

Upvote 0

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟21,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's so kind of you to reply. I wrote the reflections over 10 years ago - one per day of the Gospel reading - according to the Catholic Church.

I don't think the reflections are particularly denominational. Indeed, they were and I think they are still an exercise each in simplicity - a lectio divina.

I am very aware of my reflections being according to the Roman Catholic lectionary.

I hope I can share as such with due modesty.

xOliver (Word Aloud - wordaloud.co.uk)

Upvote 0