Your Main CF Areas

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I rarely ever look at specific forums actually. Most of my time is spent looking at the "New Threads" sidebar. I guess I get a good mix that way.
Yeah - I run into trouble when I do that - posting in singles or teens etc. Or coming down on calvinism in a pro-calvin folder ....

Or sometimes posting in a forum that you have to sign up for ahead of time.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What areas of CF do you mainly hang out in? Can be through browsing or actual posting

My favorites are the Congregation areas (some more than others), Theology, Christian Advice, and lately Spiritual Gifts. Also American Politics and the News & Current events (both Christian only areas and open for all)

I have it set up so that I am immediately in 'watched threads' when I check in at CF. But the first thing I check are the 'alerts' to see who I need to acknowledge or respond to. If there are new posts in a watched thread I am particularly interested in, I check those next.

And finally I check 'new posts' to see what is current and happening. If there is an interesting thread title I first check to make sure it isn't in an area I don't really belong in before posting, but have found a lot of good discussions that way.

I do love discussion/debate on just about anything--religion, politics, social issues, environmental issues, economics, history, etc.--BUT it has to be civil, as pleasant as possible, and enjoyable for those engaged in it. I don't enjoy it when people get angry, self righteous, accusatory, judgmental, or otherwise accusatory.

What has kept me interested here at CF is that I have found quite a few people who enjoy exchange of ideas and kicking around the pros and cons of things and can do that without being unpleasant. :)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah - I run into trouble when I do that - posting in singles or teens etc. Or coming down on calvinism in a pro-calvin folder ....

Or sometimes posting in a forum that you have to sign up for ahead of time.
Yup. I've gotten in trouble with that too. So I avoid it. Why bother if it is just going to make it seem like your a trouble maker anyways.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟161,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The forum sections I look at the most would probably be:

One Bread, One Body - Catholic
Singles (Only*)
Fellowship and Games
Hobbies, Interests, and Entertainment

I also check on topics I get alerts for, and I look at topics with new posts that interest me (often from Introduce Yourself and Prayer and Encouragement).

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JCFantasy

I'm attracted to places that are encouraging and inspirational, such as the praise reports, testimonials, and prayers

I'm also getting interested in the daily devotionals

I love the age group forum for my age

The entire recovery section and christian advice.

Married couples often have great discussions, but I cant participate there, and wish I could.

I really appreciate the bible being available to pull up verses too.

I usually check out the new threads and featured threads and blogs.

I like the questions about CF and suggestions for new forums too.

We should have a thread for shout outs to @Brent W for fixing things!

I do read quite a lot of other areas, like music, and other faiths sub-forums, and the news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, there were some areas that I used to post a lot in. Recently they have added a "sign in to post" policy, so I went back and deleted my posts.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there still a Woman's section here? A while ago there was a thread encouraging women to seek permission from a moderator for access to it, and so I did, but was told I couldn't join then because I was still underage. I'm legal now.
Congrats!

If the women's section is anything like the men's, you have to submit a ticket requesting access on the "Support" tab at the top of the page.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What areas of CF do you mainly hang out in? Can be through browsing or actual posting

My favorites are the Congregation areas (some more than others), Theology, Christian Advice, and lately Spiritual Gifts. Also American Politics and the News & Current events (both Christian only areas and open for all)
I do not know.. When i come in i just select the New Posts option and look down the list to see if there is a something i can respond too.. I also look at the New Threads option and look through them too..

I don't know if there is a place that could provide statistics on what area i mostly visit???

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not know.. When i come in i just select the New Posts option and look down the list to see if there is a something i can respond too.. I also look at the New Threads option and look through them too..

I don't know if there is a place that could provide statistics on what area i mostly visit???

There used to be a feature that was on profiles that showed this - I loved that feature - but there was an issue with the software module so we had to remove it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
maybe not directly, but you can click on the first number under your avatar in any post of yours - that is your total number of posts. Clicking on it brings up your most recent posts with what forum they are in. For me, I just passed 15k posts (I think this one will be #15,002) clicking on the number gives me 25 pages of posts. You can go thru and figure out where yo have been and where you have posted the most.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Congrats!

If the women's section is anything like the men's, you have to submit a ticket requesting access on the "Support" tab at the top of the page.

Thanks! :) I'll request access now.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Well there's the Sudoku forum which I really love. Then there's the one for the mentally unstable who talk to their pets forum and then there's good ol' blogging which is excellent for narcissists who cant stop talking to themselves. I tend to hover a lot. Just like a good ol' chopper!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... and then there's good ol' blogging which is excellent for narcissists who cant stop talking to themselves.
There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself.

There's nothing wrong with answering yourself.

There's nothing wrong with arguing with yourself.

But when you start saying, "Okay, you two, knock it off!" ... now you've got a problem! ^_^

Upvote 0