• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Your life is a gift from god,what you do with it is your gift to god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyfed

Dyfed
Nov 27, 2003
Caribbean
✟155.00
Faith
Protestant
My husband died on the 11th Nov,just a couple of weeks ago,I have never known such grief,the evenings are the worst,the house seems so empty without him,if there is anyone going through what I am going through,I will pray for you.
I found a web sight that send you a little pray every morning for the next 365 days,go to devotionalgriefshare.org.
I have received such nice sympathy cards,I got a beautiful prayer today I would like to share with you.Chris.

Angel's Kiss
It's my selfishness that makes me cry,
I wasn't ready to say good-bye,

I wasn't ready to let you go,
Pray you know I loved you so,

It's me ,not you who suffers here,
I know your life goes on, somewhere,

I know that I should celebrate,
you've walked through heaven's
glorious gate,

But,still I can't stop thinking of,
your smile,your touch,your special love,

I know that you hear what I say,
It's just done in a differant way,

And,so I want to send you this,
to you,the one I love and miss,

All my love upon an Angel's kiss.

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
there is a wonderful book called "a grief observed" by C.S. Lewis its not long and was written as a coping mechanism after his wife died. he discusses his anger, his sadness, his doubts about faith. Its a great work, and may help you with your grief.

Take care,

Mark

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Dyfed-
I undertand grief so well. I am not sure which one is harder, lossing a child, or losing your husband.
One thing that has truley helped me is finding a life verse and saying it to yourself daily. Truley meditating upon Gods word is healing.
My life veres is 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
There are many many vereses that God will point to you that you should memorize. It will help. In the meantime, you are on a jorney, a painful one, but one that will also help you grow.
My prayers are with you.
GEL

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Whenever you're ready, there's another book that has been a real comfort to me as I've grown through loss. It's by Elisabeth Elliot, and it's called A Path Through Suffering. I don't know if you know her story, but she has been widowed twice. She doesn't write easy platitudes. She writes from the heart, as someone who knows both pain and comfort.

Your post reminds me of a line in a poem by Amy Carmichael. It says:

"Hold us in quiet through the age-long minute
When Thou art silent, and the wind is shrill.."

May He hold you in quiet through your age-long minute, too. God bless you, Dyfed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.