Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree, but categorizing the weapons is useful as well for statistical purposes.

What, in your mind, would be the benefit or value in those specific statistics (specific to the tool used)?

To me, as the old saying goes, the devil is in the details! ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What, in your mind, would be the benefit or value in those specific statistics (specific to the tool used)?

To me, as the old saying goes, the devil is in the details! ;)

Each event involving a gun can be examined to determine if new laws are needed. It's a study tool. I have done this and determined that indeed guns aren't the problem.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We need to return

Each event involving a gun can be examined to determine if new laws are needed. It's a study tool. I have done this and determined that indeed guns aren't the problem.

I am of the position that no law that focuses on a tool used in a crime will prevent the crime, therefore I am concluding, at least in my own mind and word, that doing so is moot; especially since the language of the 2nd amendment is very clear.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am of the position that no law that focuses on a tool used in a crime will prevent the crime, therefore I am concluding, at least in my own mind and word, that doing so is moot; especially since the language of the 2nd amendment is very clear.

Sadly the government doesn't agree with this position. The good news is that their own data contains the truth, but sadly it is not well organized and therefore of little use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sadly the government doesn't agree with this position. The good news is that their own data contains the truth.

Well it's our government. If we don't like it, then it's our duty to change it. When's the last time to called your House Reps office?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well it's our government. If we don't like it, then it's our duty to change it. When's the last time to called your House Reps office?

I don't have a representative either at the State or Federal level. :(

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wait what?! That can't be!

If I approached any elected official with my concerns they would look at me like I had two heads. They may even get angry.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I approached any elected official with my concerns they would look at me like I had two heads. They may even get angry.

So? They are to represent you! This is where we are in America. Those who would support proper legislation to get us back under control are not vocal.

I beg you...find a piece of legislation in a committee right now, call your Rep's office and tell him/her to support it and why. We must become engaged or we are going to let those who ARE engaged take over.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So? They are to represent you! This is where we are in America. Those who would support proper legislation to get us back under control are not vocal.

I beg you...find a piece of legislation in a committee right now, call your Rep's office and tell him/her to support it and why. We must become engaged or we are going to let those who ARE engaged take over.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

What is needed is an annual report documenting/detailing all homicides involving a firearm, delivered to all legislators, and made available to the public. Only then can there be an informed discourse. No statistics, only data.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The government is now a runaway train, heading for a wreck. :eek: Best to stay off the tracks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only solution, legal and Constitutional, is an article V convention of states at this point. Has your state passed the legislation to be a part of it yet?

Progress Map: States that have passed the Convention of States Article V application - COSAction

Map shows Wisconsin (my state) has passed in one house, but also that it is 'considering'.

I just signed up and made a donation. :D

I have been so busy solving the other problems of mankind that this one slipped past me. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Kalifornica won’t do it. They aren’t voting their constituencies but their consciences. Heavy dem state.

idk...looks like they might just recall Newsom afterall.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have yet to see this idea floated, but I think this solution addresses the actual valid claims from the anti-2A side, while undoing the infringements that we have experienced ever since the NFA was passed. So here's the idea, and you tell me what you think (hopefully reading this with an open, pragmatic mind):

Repeal the entire NFA and GCA. No more 4473s, Form 1 or 4s, full auto, SBR, SBS, suppressors completely legalized, no mag bans, no more FFL middlemen or transfer fees, and no gun registries of any kind. 50-state federally approved concealed carry.

All of that in exchange for a national firearms license to purchase firearms, ammunition, and ignition media (ie: powder and primers). License would require background check and proficiency exam at a minimum. In order to purchase any firearm or ammunition, you'd need to show a license. This would also apply to both retail and private party transactions.

The only way a gun or ammo gets into the wrong hands is if A) They have no criminal record, or B) They break into your home and the guns/ammo are not secured (or they crack/cut your safe open).

I think I'd be willing to make that deal. How about you?

This isn't a new idea but as you've seen it gets too much blow back and has no chance to pass.

I personally like it because for day to day issues it just makes things easier, want to sell a gun to friend, no FFL needed just both parties need licenses. No tip toeing around stupid gun laws about pistol grips or what counts as a suppressor, you have licenses then go for it. As is we can't have nice things because after every tragedy "something must be done" and politicians will do that "something" whether is makes sense or not.

Upvote 0