Your evidence for God, in another theist's hands...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟965,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What if a believer in a different God told you they had the same reasons for believing in their God as you do for believing in yours? Would you then believe in their God?

And if a third party asked you which of the two of you were correct, would you be able to show them that you were?
If they are the exact same reasons, then I would question whether that supposed Christian truly believes in the true Christian's God, etc...

Cause they are not supposed to the same, etc, and as for me, I know mine are not, etc, the same as to why others believe in their supposed god or gods, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That there is a God is self evident.

Not really. There could be one God, but there could be 1,000s of Gods. God could exist as a prime mover or God can be a micromanager, directing traffic. There could be 1,000s of God each in competition with each other. (for example, God who created Lions could be in competition with God who created the antelopes, etc...).

So, it's not really evident that Gods exist. Consider also the irony. The Apostle Paul, who wrote about God being evident and what can be known about God is evident (Romans 1) himself needed a supernatural revelation before he learned what God truly was like.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Apologies to all, especially @Silly Uncle Wayne - work has been very busy lately and I haven't had the time to respond properly. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I wouldn't worry - I've been busy too so I wouldn't have time to respond to your responses :)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Consider also the irony.

There is no irony. Everyone who believes has a moment when they realise Christianity is real and true.

Saul was a committed believer in a religous system that did not point him to Jesus. He firmly believed in God but in the wrong way.

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟25,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What if a believer in a different God told you they had the same reasons for believing in their God as you do for believing in yours? Would you then believe in their God?

And if a third party asked you which of the two of you were correct, would you be able to show them that you were?
simple a hard-felt discussion on there proof would be critiqued and put to the test as the same for us

Upvote 0