MI
✟20,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Youngest son and I had an arguement last night.It was over his girlfriend I do not like.He is 17 and they have been together for 2 months.His girlfriend is a snob,spoiled brat and rude.She disrespects me as well.She was over last night and did call me a bad name.That is when it happened after I told her to leave.He did not like that,my house and knows my rules.He apologized to me which I forgave him.He knows his girlfriend is causing the stress between us.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He apologized to me which I forgave him.

As he says, he knows it is her that is causing the problem. Don't ctitise her as that always backfires with teenagers, let her bad habits speak for her.
Stand firm on your rules, your son repects you.

You could ask him, when is she coming to church?

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Youngest son and I had an arguement last night.It was over his girlfriend I do not like.He is 17 and they have been together for 2 months.His girlfriend is a snob,spoiled brat and rude.She disrespects me as well.She was over last night and did call me a bad name.That is when it happened after I told her to leave.He did not like that,my house and knows my rules.He apologized to me which I forgave him.He knows his girlfriend is causing the stress between us.
I haven't got kids - so I don't know the reality of how hard it is. I know it's one of those things you'll never really understand except by experiencing it yourself.
I often feel for parents when they have difficult kids - so I try not to judge.

That being said, my trick with people is:
Show her how to behave by displaying it yourself. Give to her what you would like to receive from her.

Take patience for example.
If I am irritated by someones impatience with me, I assume they haven't experienced much "patience" before. So - I'm patient with them. Now they know what patience is, from experience. Now they are capable of giving it back.

Upvote 0

Strongmom

Sep 28, 2022
MI
✟20,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
His girlfriend and I talked,she apologized to me and we are working things out.My son even apologized to me as well and did forgive him.Learning I deserve respect.My youngest and I get into it at times and it reminds of this song,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NinjaPirate777

Nov 11, 2022
Omaha
✟10,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
My daughter once dated a guy I was not sure about. I thought he was a big talker and it annoyed me.

When he was over one day with her I told them they looked cute together. I then said it's a good thing he is responsible and has a job so that in case something happened he would be able to help support her. He said of course he would help if anything happened and she back pedaled saying they were not that serious. They broke up shortly after.

Upvote 0