Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps but you always string that out to infinitum.
If I got straight answers to my questions, that wouldn't happen.

Look back at how many times I've asked you for the evidence you used to come to the conclusions you've come to. You've yet to provide it.

I ask questions, you dodge and deflect, or ignore completely.

I'm not stringing things out here...you are.

-- A2SG, I'm just stubborn and don't give up easily....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here’s the thing, what they think of themselves is not their “problem” either.
The only reason why trans are getting more attention than furries or goths, is because they're making so many demands of society - an no, that don't mean ordinary reasonable demands to be treated like everyone else. It seems pretty clear that just being a blip on the radar of society like everyone else, is the last thing they want.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I got straight answers to my questions, that wouldn't happen.

Look back at how many times I've asked you for the evidence you used to come to the conclusions you've come to. You've yet to provide it.

I ask questions, you dodge and deflect, or ignore completely.

I'm not stringing things out here...you are.

-- A2SG, I'm just stubborn and don't give up easily....
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein (allegedly)

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here’s the thing, what they think of themselves is not their “problem” either.
If it’s not a problem why do they need puberty blockers, hormones, therapy and surgery? Aren’t they trying to fix a problem?

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟73,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Restroom hardware will accommodate both sets of usual human genitalia, so why is this “important”?
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.JPG

Let's do the math. You say that 12 million trans people are probably "uncomfortable" using the facilities designated for their sex. We say doing so makes 300 million non-trans probably "uncomfortable".

True, you can parse the ratio in many ways but doing fairly so still leaves one with the unfair proposal that in order to make 1 person comfortable we'd have to make 25 persons uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein (allegedly)
Yeah, I suppose expecting straight answers from you is probably insane. Still, I'm an optimist by nature.

-- A2SG, and hope does spring eternal....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I suppose expecting straight answers from you is probably insane. Still, I'm an optimist by nature.

-- A2SG, and hope does spring eternal....
In the 25 years I've been doing online discussions, you're at the bottom of the list of those I could count on to have a straightforward conversation with. It's mostly gimmicks and rabbit holes with you.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In the 25 years I've been doing online discussions, you're at the bottom of the list of those I could count on to have a straightforward conversation with. It's mostly gimmicks and rabbit holes with you.
Okay then.

-- A2SG, have fun!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You are mistaken that I have excused it. An explanation is not an excuse, you know.

Since you have dealt with manic behavior then you ought to understand that it doesn't cause any set idea, but can exaggerate preexisting problems.
And you have no evidence that this dude has any pre existing problems with him having bipolar issues that would cause him to claim transexuality and strip down in front of women and ask girls to lather up and shower with him. You explanation is rejected. It sounded like an excuse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Is this an attempt to force trans people out of the restrooms or would it be just as easy to provide private restrooms? They figured this out decades ago in Europe. I was at the beach in the Netherlands where the restroom wasn't a men's or women's. They just had a door on every stall that allowed for privacy and allowed each stall to be locked. Are we so behind the times that we can't figure out how to make a stall private and say it's more efficient to kick trans people out of the restroom entirely? That's why I have been saying over and over that conservatives would prefer policing restrooms instead of just making them lockable and private. Of course, the conservative would rather keep trans people out of their business than provide a private toilet am I right? Would you prefer to just not be subjected to the view of a man dressed as a woman period? That would line up with most conservatives' viewpoints.
Just more false assertions. You are full of them. Gaslighting seems to be your standard at this point.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Jesus acted out of compassion, he never approved of the centurion's profession. On the contrary, Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers".
He never disapproved of it either. You could call him ambivalent. In fact he told soldiers to be content with their pay. He never told them to quit or do something else.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you have no evidence that this dude has any pre existing problems with him having bipolar issues that would cause him to claim transexuality and strip down in front of women and ask girls to lather up and shower with him. You explanation is rejected. It sounded like an excuse.
Reject away. What the dude did does not sound rational and you don't have any evidence that he was not bipolar. So.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No there's always been a Christian influence that's kept things in check. That's what's being complained about.
Perhaps we should take a different tack. If we don't have "Western Christian Civilization" now in the US, when and where *did* we have it?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Was I mistaken in what I said or do you prefer that everyone should have a right to privacy. If you felt attacked I apologize. The thing is I think the conservative stance on this issue makes the conservative look bad on their own. So again, is it better that the nakedness should be on display for other women or are private showers a viable alternative?
Your conservative friends have been using locker rooms and bathrooms for forever as they are and have never demanded specialized privacy EXCEPT for sex separation. In fact ALL of society demanded it. So you could actually say it was not JUST conservatives.

Secondly why are you demanding private rooms again? Where was all your concern and desire for private rooms many years ago? Where you all calling for private rooms and showers for women before the trans issues raised it's ugly head? I seriously doubt it. Don't be disingenuous. The only reason you are suddenly concerned is because of the trans issue. Let me ask you another question.

Are trans people demanding these private places?

Look I know you are trying to be accommodating. You are not trying to just allow men into women's spaces and leaving it at that. Conservatives are not against these little rooms you want. However we are against requiring businesses to build them. The cost is enormous for a business to retrofit for it. Consider the gym. In order to create such a space you need spaces for all your customers. Instead of one room to change 50 men in you need 50 rooms. And thats not an exaggeration for some places.

But I am all for business doing it if they want to. Why would I be against that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
He never disapproved of it either. You could call him ambivalent. In fact he told soldiers to be content with their pay. He never told them to quit or do something else.

That was John the Baptist. And it wasn't approving of war or violence, but an admonition against extortion, something that wasn't unheard of for Roman soldiers to do.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So again, is it better that the nakedness should be on display for other women or are private showers a viable alternative?
Who's really clamoring for these rooms? Is it women? Have women been demanding to have all individual bathrooms and showers and changing rooms? Have men? Have trans people?

Is there a survey of trans people who say they are all for this? What's their attitude about it? This smacks of nothing more than some liberals thinking it's a good idea without actually finding out what women and trans people have asked for.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Reject away. What the dude did does not sound rational and you don't have any evidence that he was not bipolar. So.
He sounds like a pervert who used the excuse he was trans to enter the women's space. Just like we said would happen if men were allowed into women's spaces.

We were right.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps we should take a different tack. If we don't have "Western Christian Civilization" now in the US, when and where *did* we have it?
I think western civilization has been influenced by Christianity, which has dwindled over time.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟342,745.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For what it’s worth, I think that your argument is sound.
The majority need not make any accommodations to minority populations, and if the majority would like to crush them (societally) they would be well within their rights to do so, if they wanted to be the kind of people who would do that.

There’s maybe 12,000,000 transfolk, and I’ll do what I can to help make their lives a bit less miserable.
You can do what you want. You shouldn't demand that women be uncomfortable in their private spaces. No one is trying to tell you how you should behave. What you are doing is telling everyone else how they should behave, what they should put up and further more demand that women submit to mens desires to be in their private spaces.

So you are all for making women miserable. We see where your priorities lie.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.