Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looks to me as if, in both cases, Planet Fitness took a stand against those patrons seeking to harass others.

They need to be more explicit in their signage.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟81,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
this person still would have found a reason to go into the women’s locker room to do what he did.
Their issue is with him exposing male organs in a women locker room. I do not blame them. I do not like looking at that stuff either.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Their issue is with him exposing male organs in a women locker room. I do not blame them. I do not like looking at that stuff either.

If you'll pardon the pun, I think there's more to this story than meets the eye.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think if they allowed or didn’t allow people to use the locker room associated with their declared gender, this person still would have found a reason to go into the women’s locker room to do what he did. I don’t think a policy that said “people must go to the locker room that is associated with their physiological birth gender” would have made him say “oh man, I can’t go in there.”
Oh but he said he identified as a woman, so he knew about the policy. What you’re suggesting is like giving a suicidal person a gun and saying they would have killed themselves anyway

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟201,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh, no, that isn’t what the issue was.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟201,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh but he said he identified as a woman, so he knew about the policy. What you’re suggesting is like giving a suicidal person a gun and saying they would have killed themselves anyway
Interesting you use a gun analogy because I have been told repeatedly that we can’t impede access to guns just because a few people would use them irresponsibly as they’d probably use them irresponsibly regardless of any laws or regulations that attempt to mitigate those risks.

So it would seem logical to me to apply that logic here, where a majority of people who identify as trans are law abiding people and those who are not are outliers or people who misrepresent themselves to use a loophole to facilitate their bad behavior. That creating a law to punish everybody because of a few bad apples would be unfair to the largely law-abiding majority.

However, your analogy is faulty anyway, because it assumes that every man is at risk for faking being trans so that they can leer at or sexually abuse women and laws designed to ensure trans rights are too much for men to resist exploiting. I tend to think most men aren’t at a level of emotional volatility a suicidal person is, so I don’t view laws aimed at trans access the same as enabling men to succumb to their emotional volatility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟573,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The name matches and the photo looks like the same guy in the mugshot:

His bio says he's bipolar and gay. Maybe he was in the middle of an episode?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting you use a gun analogy because I have been told repeatedly that we can’t impede access to guns just because a few people would use them irresponsibly as they’d probably use them irresponsibly regardless of any laws or regulations that attempt to mitigate those risks.

So it would seem logical to me to apply that logic here, where a majority of people who identify as trans are law abiding people and those who are not are outliers or people who misrepresent themselves to use a loophole to facilitate their bad behavior. That creating a law to punish everybody because of a few bad apples would be unfair to the largely law-abiding majority.

However, your analogy is faulty anyway, because it assumes that every man is at risk for faking being trans so that they can leer at or sexually abuse women and laws designed to ensure trans rights are too much for men to resist exploiting. I tend to think most men aren’t at a level of emotional volatility a suicidal person is, so I don’t view laws aimed at trans access the same as enabling men to succumb to their emotional volatility.
We already have laws, indecent exposure and public lewdness. Just as with the gun issue new laws are not needed we just need to enforce the ones we already have. I'm not aware of any laws to ensure trans rights as far as which locker room or bathroom they can use, just policies of businesses, colleges, schools, sports and the like.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟573,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We already have laws, indecent exposure and public lewdness. Just as with the gun issue new laws are not needed we just need to enforce the ones we already have. I'm not aware of any laws to ensure trans rights as far as which locker room or bathroom they can use, just policies of businesses, colleges, schools, sports and the like.
Regardless of whether you're trans or cisgendered, you're not allowed to go waving your junk at people in the locker room.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟201,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which is what happened here… A law was enforced when the person in question broke one. Planet Fitness has a policy, it was violated, and along with that violation a law was broken, and action was taken.

Though don’t think I didn’t notice you ignored what my post said.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is what happened here… A law was enforced when the person in question broke one. Planet Fitness has a policy, it was violated, and along with that violation a law was broken, and action was taken.

Though don’t think I didn’t notice you ignored what my post said.
What Planet Fitness policy was violated?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟201,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What Planet Fitness policy was violated?
Well, the harassment one, the one about practicing modesty when possible in the locker rooms, the one about personal space… Literally no part of this persons conduct was appropriate for a locker room. A cis-gender woman could have done that and faced the same penalties, legal and otherwise.

The inappropriateness of this persons behavior is not because of their gender, declared or otherwise. It’s because it’s simply inappropriate. If they had done it in the men’s locker room, the results would have been the same.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟152,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the harassment one, the one about practicing modesty when possible in the locker rooms, the one about personal space… Literally no part of this persons conduct was appropriate for a locker room. A cis-gender woman could have done that and faced the same penalties, legal and otherwise.

The inappropriateness of this persons behavior is not because of their gender, declared or otherwise. It’s because it’s simply inappropriate. If they had done it in the men’s locker room, the results would have been the same.
The only one of those I find in their policies is harassment. There is one to follow when a member’s gender identity is questioned though
and there is no law I’m aware of that would restrict a cis gender woman from being naked in a woman’s locker room, certainly not indecent exposure as this man was charged with. Same with a man in the men’s locker room. That not indecent exposure, if he harassed someone they could sign a warrant for harassment.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.