Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'm seeing a phenomenon I'll call "Christian horror".

It combines the cant-look-away scares and dread of horror and disaster flicks with Church approved Bible messages. Its an addictive form of entertainment and cuts the boredom in peoples lives.
Look at the websites and videos promoting this stuff. Pretty much tells the story. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No it's humankind horror. With all the deaths around the world and conflicts, we rarely hear about. Countries inching toward nuclear escalation.
The humans are doing some really stupid and perilous things for sure.

But I'm talking about the way its being played for entertainment with a little spice of glee mixed into the horror. So fun!

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Let's not fall for such rhetoric, shall we? The word " could" is not sufficient enough to claim that it has already happened. This post is misleading and adds fear into tbe life of a Christian when we should focus on LOVE. Let us reason, please.
Be blessed.

There should be no fear into the life of a Christian, and speaking of love - perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18)

I think the writer is looking at all the war scenarios in the world, and realizing that some of them could easily escalate into WW3. Also, he is saying there are wars going on all over the world, so the world is at war.

I know this is a far stretch to something like a thermonuclear holocaust. But let the West and Russia keep it up, or provocations on the Korean peninsula and that can quickly become reality. Basically the world is a powderkeg with a lit fuse and we have no idea how much longer that fuse has to burn.

As a believer in Christ I am not fearful of such things as I look at it as a blessing, in that such things must happen before Jesus returns, and if we look at Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, Revelation, a long with some of the prophecies in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel & Daniel, we should know things at some point get worse than they are now, and as Jesus said, worse than ever before, or ever shall be.

Look up, for your redemption draweth nigh! amen

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been wondering lately, whose call is it? Not the individual conflicts/wars, but the terminology. Whose call is it to say "This is WW3"?
There’s a significant number of people here who seemingly think that “the end times” would be a “good thing” to have happen during their lifetimes.
Some apparently haven’t thought this all the way through, though.

Upvote 0

Uriah S

Stand ready in prayer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2019
Scotland
✟298,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
I completely agree. Bad as things are, they could be much, much worse. I'm in no hurry to see "the end times". I do, however, think we're already making such a mess of things, our only hope is His return.

Going back to terminology though, warfare has changed its' appearance from the 20th Century. I waver between thinking we're already in WW3 to thinking there will never be anything called that. Additionally, I don't know from where do I have the idea that "end times" and WW3 are the same thing.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I completely agree. Bad as things are, they could be much, much worse. I'm in no hurry to see "the end times". I do, however, think we're already making such a mess of things, our only hope is His return.
From my perspective ain’t no-One coming, if we end up being the end of ourselves…hey, we had a good run.
Going back to terminology though, warfare has changed its' appearance from the 20th Century. I waver between thinking we're already in WW3 to thinking there will never be anything called that. Additionally, I don't know from where do I have the idea that "end times" and WW3 are the same thing.
World War III has not happened largely because of this fact.
If enough people decide that they’d survive better than their enemies, it’ll be much more likely.

Upvote 0