Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am wanting to copy the Bible like King David was commanded. I have tried writing by hand but it hurts lol. I know I will get used to it but aside from that, I just know im going to lose the notebook coz I lose everything and I dont want my work to go to waste so Im thinking to type it.

Now I'm wondering which program should I use? I have a MacBook and an iPad. was also thinking if maybe I can use a stylus - again, which program do you think would be good?
I am considering something like TheBrain or Standard Notes.

If possible I would love to put the Hebrew in too but that seems too complicated. I'm thinking after I type it all up, it would be nice to use it as a personal study Bible

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am wanting to copy the Bible like King David was commanded. I have tried writing by hand but it hurts lol. I know I will get used to it but aside from that, I just know im going to lose the notebook coz I lose everything and I dont want my work to go to waste so Im thinking to type it.

Now I'm wondering which program should I use? I have a MacBook and an iPad. was also thinking if maybe I can use a stylus - again, which program do you think would be good?
I am considering something like TheBrain or Standard Notes.

If possible I would love to put the Hebrew in too but that seems too complicated. I'm thinking after I type it all up, it would be nice to use it as a personal study Bible
Hi Issa.
If this is a hobby - something you do to relax, and refresh yourself, or even immerse yourself in God's word, that sounds like it could be beneficial.

Just something I am thinking about.
No doubt, you believe you are in good standing with God. Do you think there are many millions - even billions, of people out there, who need help spiritually? What do you think about missionary work?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟408,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Google Docs is great for documentation as it's free and kept online and can be accessed from different devices, and also makes it possible to revert to earlier versions if needed. But how come you want to copy the Bible by hand? You can already find the Bible online with Hebrew and Greek interlinear text, so I suppose you can copy and paste the text of those that are in the public domain, such as the KJV and then add your own devotional text in the same document. It may save you some time, at least.

Reactions: issa
Upvote 0

issa

pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Issa.
If this is a hobby - something you do to relax, and refresh yourself, or even immerse yourself in God's word, that sounds like it could be beneficial.

Just something I am thinking about.
No doubt, you believe you are in good standing with God. Do you think there are many millions - even billions, of people out there, who need help spiritually? What do you think about missionary work?
Well, this is the spiritual disciplines forum. I see it like a daily devotional/study/bible memory thing.
Also, I may be wrong but your statement about me believing I am in good standing with God sounds kinda idk..judgmental? maybe there is a more appropriate word but I dont have time to think too deeply, it is just a surface impression.

Your passion for the lost is admirable but if you are not firmly grounded in the Word and you try to storm the gates of hell... well, you know the rest, if you are in a level of maturity to be judging others.

But thank you for your opinion, it was not very helpful but you tried :)
Re: my belief on my good standing, I believe I am a horrible sinner saved by His grace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

issa

Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Google Docs is great for documentation as it's free and kept online and can be accessed from different devices, and also makes it possible to revert to earlier versions if needed. But how come you want to copy the Bible by hand? You can already find the Bible online with Hebrew and Greek interlinear text, so I suppose you can copy and paste the text of those that are in the public domain, such as the KJV and then add your own devotional text in the same document. It may save you some time, at least.
It is a spiritual discipline like spending quiet time. The kings of Israel were required to do it, most likely so that they will be more equipped to judge with the mind of YHVH or as close as can be humanly possible anyways.
I love stepbible.org for the interlinear and cross references.
Thank you for your suggestion, I also love google docs but unfortunately im maxing out my free allowance on my accounts and want a more longterm (free) solution.

re: by hand, I was trained in Montessori and their research-based training showed that writing things by hand helps you absorb the material better than just reading or listening. eyes+ears+hand :)

Upvote 0

issa

Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Don't have a program recommendation.

Admire you Issa for this worthy goal.
Thank you... I do not have a good track record though. Tried typing it before too but thank you for your support! I will strive to stick to it better this time

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this is the spiritual disciplines forum. I see it like a daily devotional/study/bible memory thing.
Also, I may be wrong but your statement about me believing I am in good standing with God sounds kinda idk..judgmental? maybe there is a more appropriate word but I dont have time to think too deeply, it is just a surface impression.
Yes, you are wrong. Thank you.

Your passion for the lost is admirable but if you are not firmly grounded in the Word and you try to storm the gates of hell... well, you know the rest, if you are in a level of maturity to be judging others.
Thank you, but I am not sure what you are saying - whether you are saying you are not grounded in the word, or in a level of maturity to be judging others. I don't mind having that clarified, if you don't mind doing so.

But thank you for your opinion, it was not very helpful but you tried :)
Re: my belief on my good standing, I believe I am a horrible sinner saved by His grace.
I didn't give an opinion, except that I thought if you were doing this as a hobby - something you do to relax, and refresh yourself, or even immerse yourself in God's word, that sounds like it could be beneficial.
Sorry, it wasn't helpful.

The "Good standing" bit was actually commendation. I'm sorry you took offense at it.
I was really trying to find out how you felt about using the time you have to do more in the work Jesus started, of which he said, "
“The harvest is great, but the workers are few. therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”Matthew 9:37, 38

I was only thinking of giving priority to the master's interest.
Sorry, my enthusiasm for that somehow made you feel like I was judging you.

I'll just go back over to the place I came from.
I do hope you make your journey. Have a beautiful day.

4852973_5a6ce.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

issa

Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you are wrong. Thank you.

Thank you, but I am not sure what you are saying - whether you are saying you are not grounded in the word, or in a level of maturity to be judging others. I don't mind having that clarified, if you don't mind doing so.

I didn't give an opinion, except that I thought if you were doing this as a hobby - something you do to relax, and refresh yourself, or even immerse yourself in God's word, that sounds like it could be beneficial.
Sorry, it wasn't helpful.

The "Good standing" bit was actually commendation. I'm sorry you took offense at it.
I was really trying to find out how you felt about using the time you have to do more in the work Jesus started, of which he said, "
“The harvest is great, but the workers are few. therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”Matthew 9:37, 38

I was only thinking of giving priority to the master's interest.
Sorry, my enthusiasm for that somehow made you feel like I was judging you.

I'll just go back over to the place I came from.
I do hope you make your journey. Have a beautiful day.

4852973_5a6ce.gif
yeah... it sounded like: you think you have good standing with God but you never thought of reaching out to the lost.

I meant that if you are in a level high enough to be judging others, you should know that if you are not firmly grounded in the Word when you storm the gates of hell then it's going to be a disaster of a ministry. That is why we have spiritual disciplines such as writing the Word and meditating and memorizing Scripture or do you not think those are beneficial?

ah the Master's interest, yes He did talk about the harvest. but He also commended Mary for sitting at His feet. I have read through the Bible and meditated plenty over the years but still I need His Word everyday to be absorbed into me because I am a foolish human and prone to forgetting.

I accept your apology even if you were judging me without meaning to. I get that we can be overly zealous sometimes that we are blinded from the audience that we are trying to reach. Been there done that. The enemy can use our overzealousness to put us out of commission also, did you know?
Being a believer of many years, we cannot rest on our laurels but we need to always be learning and abiding and you know if we are truly connected to the Father, we cannot help but reach out to others. We cannot truly grow if we are keeping the blessing to ourselves.

I pray for Israel. I pray for her enemies. Did you know that prayer is a powerful way to reach the lost? I forget the verses but when Israel was in battle, the ones on the frontlines got the same reward as those who stayed behind to take care of supplies because both are important in reaching the goal.

Upvote 0

issa

Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Communication can get so crazy - online even more so,

Issa are you beginning with the Old Testament?

Will have to check out stepbible.org
yes, I was not quite expecting to be criticized for wanting to pursue a spiritual discipline in the spiritual discipline forums lol but I was also overly zealous and lost some people I might have won so I understand. Balance is so tricky and abiding and knowing His will is not easy.

I am going to follow the Hebrew order of Scriptures. maybe someday I can finish a few pages but for now, my hands hurt lol.

Just play around with the settings and click the blue stuff. Let me know how it goes!

Upvote 0

issa

Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am not familiar with this. Where is King David commanded to copy the Bible?
Deuteronomy 17:18-19.

“When he takes the throne of his kingdom, he is to write for himself on a scroll a copy of this law, taken from that of the priests, who are Levites. It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the LORD his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees…”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Never mind, I think I found it. Is this what you're referring to?

18 When he takes the throne of his kingdom, he is to write for himself on a scroll a copy of this law, taken from that of the Levitical priests. 19 It is to be with him, and he is to read it all the days of his life so that he may learn to revere the LORD his God and follow carefully all the words of this law and these decrees 20 and not consider himself better than his fellow Israelites and turn from the law to the right or to the left. Then he and his descendants will reign a long time over his kingdom in Israel. [The New International Version (Dt 17:18–20). (2011). Zondervan.]​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟49,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, is your end in mind the same as stated in the passage? I underlined those related to this command for fututre kings.

Obviously, they don't all apply to us (like ruling over Israel). But the other ones do (like reading it all the days of our lives, learning to revere the LORD, carefully following all the words of the law, and not considering oneself better than others).

Are these your ends-in-mind?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The enemy can use our overzealousness to put us out of commission also, did you know?
Being a believer of many years, we cannot rest on our laurels but we need to always be learning and abiding and you know if we are truly connected to the Father, we cannot help but reach out to others. We cannot truly grow if we are keeping the blessing to ourselves.
Thank you.
Have an enjoyable day. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Communication can get so crazy - online even more so,
That's true. Perhaps we tend to be a little too defensive. I think quite a lot of us are aware of our vulnerabilities, and we try really hard to defend them, imagining that we are being attacked, rather than being assisted. Sometimes we even feel we don't need any assistance, even when we do, but maybe that's because we don't like where the assistance is coming from. We humans tend to be choosy. ;)
Not that that's a bad thing. Though it can be.

Upvote 0