Would you support a Constitutional ammendment making abortion illegal?

Constitutional ammendment banning all abortions except when medically necessary to save the mother?

• Yes

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A constitutional amendment which explicitly relegated to the states the right to decide how to handle abortion, I would not oppose.

If that happened, it would have to be for everything, not just one issue.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What article without any pictures can be considered accurate? An article must include photographs for me or anyone else to trust the author. And if you do not have a link in your post, I cannot believe one actually was written.
I’m sorry I can’t link . This was a photo of the webpage . For what it’s worth why would you need photos to believe anything. I mean you aren’t in elementary school. This webpage doesn’t have pictures of fetuses . You can just google fetuses if you want to see those

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’m sorry I can’t link . This was a photo of the webpage . For what it’s worth why would you need photos to believe anything. I mean you aren’t in elementary school. This webpage doesn’t have pictures of fetuses . You can just google fetuses if you want to see those

It is easier to believe a weird claim if photos back it up.

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does the cause of conception change the value of the life in the womb? If so, under what grounds? Obviously it cannot be biblical grounds because the Bible is clear that the life in the womb is precious regardless of how the mother became pregnant. Furthermore, the only abortions that this proposed amendment would ban are abortions made out of convenience to the mother. Not abortions that are medically necessary. Yes, a woman choosing to abort the baby solely because it is a child of her rapist is a convenience based decision.

Yes, it is inconvenient to carry the child of your rapist. However, that does not justify murdering an innocent child. I will say that, as Christians, there should be more effort to help these unfortunate women care for these children and help them find loving homes. I have seriously considered starting an organization dedicated to such a cause. If a woman is impregnated as a result of rape and must carry the baby to term, the pro-life advocates should advocate for the life of the child after it is born.
Convenience ?!?!
Yep women are just breeders who actually cares about them having lives . . Sorry not buying . A few cells aren’t worth more than a girl or woman’s life. Giving rape victims the morning after pill is traumatizing enough because it makes you sick . You’re actually going to tell some terrorized and abused young woman, “sorry .we don’t care about you. we only care about the clump of cells that’s soon going to make you feel miserable, tired and sore . Then 9 months later after lots of severe hours long pain you’ll have an unwanted, unneeded ( and imho unnecessary) burden . That you’re then going to have to find care for. “

Sorry not buying!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am going to ask you a very simple question. Is the value of the unborn determined by the method of conception. Meaning, is an unborn child any less valuable because the mother was raped? Does the unborn child conceived from a loving married couple more valuable than a child of rape?
How does that justify putting the rape victim through nine months of slavery?

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ectopic pregnancy. And I'm pro-life, for the record.

And everything else that can cause the mother to choose between her own life or the baby's life. EP is the best-known example but preeclampsia (which starts as earlly as 20 weeks) is also an emergency for both the mother and baby.

• Informative
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Convenience ?!?!
Yes, it is very inconvenient to be raped and impregnated by your rapists. I cannot emphasize how inconvenient that is. It still does not change the fact that receiving an abortion for no other reason than because of this inconvenience is purely a "convenience based decision".

Yep women are just breeders who actually cares about them having lives.
Your post is starting to sound like an emotional outburst rather than one founded on rational thought. Women are precious and deserve to live happy lives. Nobody deserves to be raped nor do they deserve to be impregnated against their will by their rapists. However, the unborn woman in the womb is just a precious. All the children pictured below have been conceived of rape. Would you look these children in the eyes and tell them they are were not as deserving to live as any other unborn child?
child.jpg

A few cells aren’t worth more than a girl or woman’s life.
First, the proposed Constitutional Amendment already makes exceptions for women who require an abortion out of medical necessity. Therefore, you are obviously referring to a woman's quality of life and not their actual life in general. Second, "a few cells aren't worth more than a girl or woman's [quality of life]"? Well, Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be just as much of a human being as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6). So I would expect that as Christians, your point of view is unbiblical and not one that a Christian ought to have.

Giving rape victims the morning after pill is traumatizing enough because it makes you sick.
And a full blown abortion is somehow less "traumatizing"?
not sure.png

You’re actually going to tell some terrorized and abused young woman, “Sorry, we don’t care about you.
Again, another emotional outburst that is not grounded on reason or rational thought. Second, you obviously did not read my post that you quoted regarding my intention to start an organization to help these terrorized and abused young women. Obviously that is the complete opposite of saying "Sorry, we don't care about you."

We only care about the clump of cells that’s soon going to make you feel miserable, tired and sore. Then 9 months later after lots of severe hours long pain you’ll have an unwanted, unneeded ( and imho unnecessary) burden. That you’re then going to have to find care for. “
Sorry not buying!
Again, another emotional outburst without rational thought and completely contradicts the posts you quoted. Obviously a more accurate statement would have been, "We care about you and your unborn child. Yes, you are going to feel miserable, tired and sore for the next 9 months. But just know that we will help support you the entire time by providing maternity care, trauma counseling, and adoption assistance if you desire."

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does that justify putting the rape victim through nine months of slavery?
This is what justifies putting the rape victim through nine months of "slavery". Every child picture below were conceived by rape. I really do not understand why that is such a difficult concept to grasp. So again I will ask, does the fact that all these children were conceived by rape make them any less valuable or worthy of life?
child 2.jpg
child 3.jpg
child 4.jpg
child 5.jpg
child 6.jpg
child.jpg

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do sound unemotional ( and uncaring) but maybe it’s because I remember coathanger abortions before they become legal . Maybe you need to imagine being desperate enough to stick a coat hanger thru your cervix . And take it from me,because I’m a woman ,it’s extremely painful to even have a menstrual blood clot come out through there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 257687 I’m going to post accurate medical info from a ob/gyn about late term abortions and how they’re done and the reasons behind them. As usual I can’t link. Sorry ! . A lot of anti abortion people aren’t going to like what this doctor has to say
And I'm sure Dr. Ron Paul (OB/GYN for decades when he wasn't representing his district) would have some words for him. I'm with Dr. Paul on abortion.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He’s a man which means he’s never been pregnant and can’t get pregnant. I don’t care about his opinion . The only person who should make this decision is the woman involved. And I’m for letting her have the freedom to choose what she wants to do since it’s her physical safety and her health that going to be at risk with a pregnancy

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do sound unemotional ( and uncaring) but maybe it’s because I remember coathanger abortions before they become legal . Maybe you need to imagine being desperate enough to stick a coat hanger thru your cervix . And take it from me,because I’m a woman ,it’s extremely painful to even have a menstrual blood clot come out through there.
I would argue that you are the one that sounds uncaring. Again, look at the pictures of the children conceived of rape. Do you care about them? Would it have been better if they were murdered before they were born? BTW, I didn't know that coat hanger abortions are now legal. Have you had a coat hangar abortion? Is that why you are. as a Christian, defending an unbiblical position on abortion?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that you are the one that sounds uncaring. Again, look at the pictures of the children conceived of rape. Do you care about them? Would it have been better if they were murdered before they were born? BTW, I didn't know that coat hanger abortions are now legal. Have you had a coat hangar abortion? Is that why you are. as a Christian, defending an unbiblical position on abortion?
no thank God I’ve never had one but I had acquaintances who did. And 3 had been coerced into sex that they didn’t want ( which is rape but back then it was accepted that men could coerce a reluctant woman- think Clark Gable as Rhett carrying Vivian Leigh as Scarlett up those steps in gone with the wind ) and one was even married to the jerk. Coat hanger abortions are unsafe abortions done either by the woman herself or by someone else with no or little medical training . They were never legal and are still not legal . they’re also extremely dangerous

Last edited:
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He’s a man which means he’s never been pregnant and can’t get pregnant. I don’t care about his opinion . The only person who should make this decision is the woman involved. And I’m for letting her have the freedom to choose what she wants to do since it’s her physical safety and her health that going to be at risk with a pregnancy
Oh here we go. "I am a man so I don't deserve to have an opinion" card. Just try to shut me down because of my gender rather than logically defend your position. You know, Jesus is a man. Do you care about His opinion? And what about all the women who have the same position that I do? Oh, and what about your doctor? If your doctor was a man, does he not have an opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no thank God I’ve never had one but I had acquaintances who did. And 3 had been coerced into sex that they didn’t want ( which is rape but back then it was accepted that men could coerce a reluctant woman) and one was even married to the jerk
Is that why you support an unbiblical position on abortion? Because to admit that abortion is murder would then require you to admit that your "acquaintances" are murderers?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A few cells aren’t worth more than a girl or woman’s life...we only care about the clump of cells that’s soon going to make you feel miserable, tired and sore
It's language like this that really give away one's pro-abortion position. It's amazing how people try and demean and disregard a human being just so they can argue for something immoral. Let's just deny their humanity, then we can perform otherwise immoral actions against them!

He’s a man which means he’s never been pregnant and can’t get pregnant. I don’t care about his opinion . The only person who should make this decision is the woman involved.
This again is another tactic by pro-abortion proponents, and it fails miserably. Abortion is a moral issue. The question as to whether or not abortion is moral or immoral is based upon our understanding of the nature of the human life inside the womb.

A person's gender does not provide any additional insight, nor does it hinder one's ability to discuss this topic.

The morality of abortion stands or falls based upon what we believe about the nature of the unborn human life. If we believe the unborn are human beings created in the Image of God and possessing inherent moral worth and value like the born human beings - then abortion for convenience reasons are certainly immoral.

If we are able to rationalize away their humanity and claim, like Brightmoon attempts to, that they are somehow less than human, then sure, abortion may be morally neutral.

Unfortunately, both science and Scripture don't support the assumption that the unborn are somehow less than human. Scientifically, we now know with room for little to no doubt that a new human being comes into existence at fertilization. Biblically, we know that all human beings are created in the image of God and possess inherent moral worth and value. And guess what - A person doesn't need to have a specific gender to recognize those truths.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what justifies putting the rape victim through nine months of "slavery". Every child picture below were conceived by rape. I really do not understand why that is such a difficult concept to grasp. So again I will ask, does the fact that all these children were conceived by rape make them any less valuable or worthy of life?

It isn't a question of them being "less valuable or worthy of life." It is a question of forcing a rape victim to carry the fetus of her attacker to term against her will. Her rights are paramount.

If you are a victim of rape then by all means carry the fetus to term, but don't try to force your views on others.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you are a victim of rape then by all means carry the fetus to term, but don't try to force your views on others.
Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to misrepresent you. But I'm going to assume you think it would be wrong for the mother of a newborn in a hospital to decide after a day that she no longer wanted her child and to then suffocate her, right? I agree that it is wrong for the mother to do that.

In fact, not only do I agree that it would be wrong for the mother to do that, I have no problem forcing my view on that mother and saying that the law should make it illegal. Do you think it should be legal?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to misrepresent you. But I'm going to assume you think it would be wrong for the mother of a newborn in a hospital to decide after a day that she no longer wanted her child and to then suffocate her, right? I agree that it is wrong for the mother to do that.

In fact, not only do I agree that it would be wrong for the mother to do that, I have no problem forcing my view on that mother and saying that the law should make it illegal. Do you think it should be legal?

Perhaps a little common sense on your part--in the US citizenship begins at birth, which means that a baby born here is a citizen with all the protection that comes with that. So of course I would not favor allowing a mother to suffocate her day-old child because it would be illegal. But that isn't what I was discussing with another poster though, was it? Big difference between murdering a baby and forcing a rape victim to carry the fetus of her attacker to term.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0