KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
Mϋzikdϋde said:
We have about 120 people on our praise team. That includes vocalists and band members. We have 4 services per week and about 3000 members.

There are quite a few spiritual challenges with a church that size but the worship is wonderful.

I usually fill in for the worship Pastor when he goes on vacation but I have to admit: I'm happier just singing with the team.
That is a lot of people!! What's the breakdown in terms of who does what, Muzik? :)

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
about 80 vocalists. We only have a full choir once a month which consists of about 60 of the singers. The rest of the singers are used in groups of 3 to 6 on the rest of the weeks. Who sings depends on what the set needs and who blends with who etc...
the rest of the people are band members. Drummers, keyboardists, electric guitarists, acoustic guitarists, percussionists, bassists, brass, harp (only one), violinists.
I feel like I'm forgetting a few but you get the point.
With that many people you are bound to have a lot of talent.
We have a number of groups in the church who have released CDs...none of them really made it big except Nichole Nordeman.

Upvote 0
F

fiveinjuly

Mϋzikdϋde said:
about 80 vocalists. We only have a full choir once a month which consists of about 60 of the singers. The rest of the singers are used in groups of 3 to 6 on the rest of the weeks. Who sings depends on what the set needs and who blends with who etc...
the rest of the people are band members. Drummers, keyboardists, electric guitarists, acoustic guitarists, percussionists, bassists, brass, harp (only one), violinists.
I feel like I'm forgetting a few but you get the point.
With that many people you are bound to have a lot of talent.
We have a number of groups in the church who have released CDs...none of them really made it big except Nichole Nordeman.
Nichole Nordeman.....AAAAAAAHHHHH. I love her!! That's really cool.

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
My church does worship many different ways. We have 5 what we call front line singers. They are the ones with the microphones. Then we have the choir. We have a drum player, a guitar player, a bass player, and a electric guitar player who also leads worship. We open up with 2-3 upbeat songs...then someone comes up and welcomes our visitors, and makes announcements, and then we go on with another upbeat song, and then someone comes up and takes offering, and then after that we do some slow songs...and then our Pastor comes up and the service is handed over to him. Usually, when he comes up he asks us to sing another song and usually throws out something he wants to hear...and then he either preaches or the Spirit ends of moving and we have a all out altar call...it just depends on how the spirit moves.

Upvote 0

prettyrose436

May 24, 2004
CT
✟1,269.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
at my church, we have only five singers (me included). The pastor's wife plays the piano for us. (yes, we are a very small church lol) Sometimes our Worship Team leader plays the guitar, his wife "plays" the egg once in awhile and she can also play the flute.

Upvote 0