Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved, when the day of trouble comes, know that God is with you and for you. He's not the one who is against you. Keep your eyes on Him. Trust that He has a plan. Trust that He will make your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. Lift your eyes to Jesus because He is the Author and Finisher of your faith-a very present help in the day of trouble.

Upvote 0

Jaelyn Liza

Jesus Lover
Feb 2, 2014
✟8,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
47115-ExcellentQuotations.com-Mother-Teresa.jpg

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is saying, "Don't be afraid to walk into the new. Sometimes you have to leave behind the old, to pick up something greater. Don't stay stuck out of fear of the new and unknown. There are new places I want to take you, and I need you to begin to walk in faith!"

Upvote 0

Shalico2007

Jesucristo es el Rey! Que Dios te Bendiga!
Oct 30, 2004
✟116,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello Shalico2007 and WannaWitness,

Sorry for my intrusion into this beautiful thread, but at the moment I have no other way to contact you.

I hope everything is OK with you, your sister and your family. Looking at your profile here, both you and your sister seem so low in spirits. Did something sad happen? I pray for you, that you may find peace of mind and strength.

Best wishes,
wiske

Hi, wiske. Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. I sent you a PM.

Upvote 0

Jaelyn Liza

Jesus Lover
Feb 2, 2014
✟8,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, if you only knew what joy, what sweetness awaits a righteous soul in Heaven! You would decide in this mortal life to bear any sorrows, persecutions and slander with gratitude. If this very cell of ours was filled with worms, and these worms were to eat our flesh for our entire life on earth, we should agree to it with total desire, in order not to lose, by any chance, that heavenly joy which God has prepared for those who love Him.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Victory in Our Trials

Read | 1 Peter 1:3-9

Obviously, we don’t enjoy times of trial or conflict. Despite the assurance we have that God will always be by our side through any and every circumstance (Heb. 13:5), it is still natural to fear and bemoan such occurrences.

In hardships, however, we often forget the very words Christ spoke in John 16:33. We hear and certainly relate to the first part of His instruction: “In the world you have tribulation.” We've all faced enough problems to know that it is not possible to avoid them altogether. In fact, Jesus takes it a step further by asserting that our faith in Him will actually lead to even more attacks and criticism (15:18-20). Truly it is impossible for a devoted Christian to live trouble-free in a world that is hostile toward God.

What we tend to miss in Jesus’ statement, however, is the second half of the verse. After delivering the “bad” news that we would have tribulation in our life, He offers a word of hope: “But take courage! I have overcome the world.” Notice that He didn't say, “I will overcome,” but rather, “I have overcome.” In Christ, the victory has already been won. He has victory over all things. Even the world’s greatest threat, death itself, has already been defeated by Jesus Christ.

Life certainly isn't easy. However, we have a loving God who not only understands our suffering but also chose to experience it Himself. Because He did, we can now claim participation in the ultimate victory over every trial of life.

Taken from InTouch Daily Devotional

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing worry will ever do for you is make you upset and unsure about a future that might not even happen. Instead of worrying let your mind stay focused on God's goodness and His promises for your life and you will leave no room for worry.

Don't ruin your present by thinking about hypothetical situations that most likely won't come to pass. Trust God instead. He will take good care of you.

11017831_921463857885266_1793385437651865256_n.jpg

Upvote 0