Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
DanHead said:
Now I get your comment/question...

Please notice the end of Willy's post:

So Bridget, is it not also the mission of the church to reach those who are "tied to the traditions of Judaism?" To reach the Jews who reject the Son, and therefore the Father as well?

I think that is what ChiRho was getting at. That's what I read out of his question to Willy, anyway.

It's the mission ofthe church to reach anybody. I didn't understand ChiRho's post because I must've misread Willy's post. Yes, I have no idea why Willly would pinpoint only those not tied to Judaism. . .

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

Willy

Nov 20, 2003
✟8,381.00
Faith
Protestant
ChiRho said:
And what of those who are tied to the traditions of Judaism?
They can be circumcised if they wished. they probably already were. My point has to with Paul's thought, not anything with whether Jews should be converted. Paul does deal with the question of the Jews in Romans. He seems to indicate that God will not negate the promises made to them.

Upvote 0

sculpturegirl

Aug 26, 2004
Maryland
Visit site
✟1,045.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Here is my take on it. Women should be involved in ministry, but we should not be the HEAD of the church.

Much of this stems from the order of the family, as the husband is the head of the household. The church is God's household and therefore ought to be governed over by a man. Furthermore, a woman's first responsibility is to her family. An assignment as the head pastor of a chuch would certainly impede on that and it would put her in spiritual headship over her husband.

What about unmarried women and retired women, you ask? I think it unfair to require women to be celibate or retired and not require the same of men.

This may sound tired and old-fashioned but it seems that in scripture God offers an order to the universe. We are all equal, yet each part of the Body has its own function. He created us male and female, not only that we may reproduce, but that we function in our unique gifts in the church.

Whether or not Eve sinned first is a neither here, neither there point. We are all deserving the grave.

2 cents.

Reactions: Protoevangel
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.