Woman after God's own ❤

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This short two-page article is aimed at single, young women. Its practical advice and wisdom will prove helpful to any person regularly dealing with or counseling young women. Charo, together with her husband Paul, writes this article in order to help young women use their time of singleness for God's glory. The title, Becoming Esther, is taken from a custom found in the book of Esther in which a woman would spend 18 months preparing herself physically for her husband. While certainly not advocating this practice, Charo encourages women to similarly spend their time of singleness in cultivating virtue, contentment, and usefulness in God's kingdom.

http://resources.grantedministries.org/article/becoming_esther_c_w.pdf

Attachments

• Becoming Esther.pdf
    428.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟247,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If they're (him or her) not doing anything to serve God in the meantime, then what makes anyone think they'll follow God in service after they marry their wife or husband?

I know a guy that used to go to church with me. He applied to be on leadership shortly after getitng hitched. Then one week he stopped coming. Weeks followed where he was a no show.

Finally, I asked the Pastor what was going on. And he told me that his wife told him after they got married she no longer wanted to go to church. As devasting that was for me to hear, I can't imagine what it was like for the guy who married her. It was a cautionary tale to me once again how important it is to not haste with the feet.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If they're (him or her) not doing anything to serve God in the meantime, then what makes anyone think they'll follow God in service after they marry their wife or husband?

I know a guy that used to go to church with me. He applied to be on leadership shortly after getitng hitched. Then one week he stopped coming. Weeks followed where he was a no show.

Finally, I asked the Pastor what was going on. And he told me that his wife told him after they got married she no longer wanted to go to church. As devasting that was for me to hear, I can't imagine what it was like for the guy who married her. It was a cautionary tale to me once again how important it is to not haste with the feet.

Esther listened to her guardian Mordecai. That’s where it starts. Most people today do not understand what it means to serve the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟247,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Esther listened to her guardian Mordecai. That’s where it starts. Today’s people do not understand what it means to serve the Lord.
Godly advice and direction from others is important, nevertheless, it's the counsel of God that will stand.

• Agree
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,973.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
http://resources.grantedministries.org/article/becoming_esther_c_w.pdf

This short two-page article is aimed at single, young women. Its practical advice and wisdom will prove helpful to any person regularly dealing with or counseling young women. Charo, together with her husband Paul, writes this article in order to help young women use their time of singleness for God's glory. The title, Becoming Esther, is taken from a custom found in the book of Esther in which a woman would spend 18 months preparing herself physically for her husband. While certainly not advocating this practice, Charo encourages women to similarly spend their time of singleness in cultivating virtue, contentment, and usefulness in God's kingdom.

Sometimes, I think Queen Vashti is the real hero of the story.

She stood up to an evil king - Xerxes while Esther tolerated this evil king.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes, I think Queen Vashti is the real hero of the story.

She stood up to an evil king - Xerxes while Esther tolerated this evil king.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Hello. Thanks for sharing. I would say there are more such versus that might be supportive to what Queen Vashti did. For me it is not about the letter of the word, but it all comes down to keeping myself (mind,heart,soul) close to the heart of God, so I be sensitive to the Spirit of God that He might give me the wisdom to understand His calling and strength to follow His will/purpose for me. Each story is different and the hero in some stories is the one who gives their life away, even die in place of the villain. Those on the God's side are the real heros.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A godly woman is strong when it comes to facing hard situations. They are confident in who they are and what they believe, and in their example of fearlessness, they encourage others to be courageous and make a difference. While many think of men first when it comes to these strong figures, there are also a number of important women in the Bible who inspire, not only because of how they lived but also because of their rock-solid faith, even in some of the toughest of circumstances. We can learn a great deal from their stories. We can discuss about godly women in the Bible that can teach us a lesson or two on courage.

Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She laughed when told that she would bear a son, but that same laugh turned into amazement and triumph when Isaac was born. Sarah said, ‘God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me.’ She demonstrated faith and obedience while believing God's promises. She left her comfortable and familiar surroundings to launch her journey with God. Sarah became a mother of nations and kings came from her.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The five daughters of Zelophehad came to Moses with a concern over how the Promised Land was to be divided in relation to their family. Referenced in the Book of Numbers (27), these young women stood brave and firm and as result reformed the culture of their day, wisely making their case before Moses. They teach us not to give in and to refuse to surrender to the social obstacles. They believed that God has compassion for all, men and women. Their willingness to stand up teaches us to hope and to persevere, to take charge of our lives, to fight for what we believe to be worthwhile, to speak out and take action when we encounter this kind of injustice. Moses referred the revolutionary question to God. “The plea of Zelophehad’s daughters is just,” God replied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
64a0d7045ed52eb26b1d054a4cd33cd4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Insights from the Daughters of Zelophehad (Numbers 27):
  • Recognize and name the injustice you are facing.
  • Advocate for yourself and initiate redress.
  • Understand that others may not recognize that there’s a problem unless you speak up.
  • Work to change your unjust situation and it will pave the way for a smoother path for those who follow you.
  • Remember that lack of precedence does not justify ignoring important questions.
  • Bask in God’s vast and generous boundaries.
  • Look for win-win solutions to your situation.
  • Trust in God’s justice.
  • Seek to dismantle unjust structures.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ruth was a Moabite; a place and people that the Israelites frowned upon. On top of that, she had lost her husband and was living with her widowed mother-in-law. The pain Ruth must have been in was immense but she didn’t allow her past to hold her back. She had the faith to believe that God was who He said He was and faith to believe that God would provide for her and Naomi. Her bravery, faith and obedience can encourage us to be better followers of Christ. Ruth was able to overcome her past by giving her life over to the living God. Her story is captivating and encouraging.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Priscilla ministered the Gospel together with her husband Aquila. The Bible describes her as an effective mentor, when she and her husband take Apollos aside and explain to him the way of God more accurately. The two were a Spirit-filled couple that resulted in a powerful ministry. Paul mentions that the couple risked their lives for him. The two welcomed Paul into their hearts and home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Women in Jewish society did not typically carry important roles, which makes their involvement in Jesus’ ministry more radical than normal for the time they lived in. Mary Magdalene was one of the women who stayed with Jesus, even to the Crucifixion. She was also present at the tomb, the first person to whom Jesus appeared after his resurrection and the first to preach the “Good News” of that miracle. Her desperate longing to be close to Christ, to serve Him in any way she could, became the way she lived her life. She owed much, gave much, loved much, served much.

Mary Magdalene - All the Women of the Bible - Bible Gateway

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@gospels Do you lead bible studies with women in your area?

~Bella

No. I’m more of just teaching myself right now, a little bit each day, and posting here as well. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No. I’m more of just teaching myself right now, a little bit each day, and posting here as well. :)

That’s great to hear. I hope you find like-minded women for fellowship and study. Your diligence will be a blessing to them and they to you in return. :)

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,659.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s great to hear. I hope you find like-minded women for fellowship and study. Your diligence will be a blessing to them and they to you in return. :)

~Bella

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0