WILTON CARDINAL GREGORY ARCHBISHOP OF WASHINGTON D.C. CALLS OUT PRESIDENT BIDEN AS A CAFETERIA CATHOLIC!

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not know.
Presbyterian Church is where he attends.

According to Google:

Many of the nation's largest mainline Protestant denominations – including the Episcopal Church, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the Methodists – also support abortion rights, although several of these churches temper this support with the call for some limits on when a woman can terminate her pregnancy.

SO I guess he does.

Interesting to note; he put Conservative Catholics on the Supreme Court. Thank goodness.

1) The 45th President's moral issues with Christianity go away beyond abortion.

2) People seem to forget history -

Abortion was a "Catholic" problem throughout most of American history. Of course Protestant denominations support abortion rights, it wasn't (and really isn't) their issue. The political leaders of the Evangelical Christianity made it an issue for Evangelicals in an effort to get Catholics to join the Moral Majority and the Reagan Coalition.

Originally abortion was a small government, personal right issue, Catholic's only issue and the protestant Republicans were pro-abortion. The Democrats, who were strongly supported by blue collar Catholic, were anti-abortion.

And that all changed when Ronnie Raygun decided to let the Evangelicals call the shots in the GOP.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not know.
Presbyterian Church is where he attends.

According to Google:

Many of the nation's largest mainline Protestant denominations – including the Episcopal Church, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the Methodists – also support abortion rights, although several of these churches temper this support with the call for some limits on when a woman can terminate her pregnancy.

SO I guess he does.

Interesting to note; he put Conservative Catholics on the Supreme Court. Thank goodness.
I read that he was nondenominational. Either way, I doubt his church is ok with multiple divorces, wives and cheating.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I read that he was nondenominational. Either way, I doubt his church is ok with multiple divorces, wives and cheating.
I have no idea about what he has done.
1. The one who won $85 million made a post several years ago how she loved the show The Apprentice.
Not a normal reaction from an alleged rape victim.
I would gander she is grandiose and not quite all in there. I think she created something in her head and actually decided to make money on it.
2. Stormy cannot say any identifying marks on Trump, but to say it was meh. I mean, I don't find her credible. On The Bill Maher show some years back she said it was not a me too thing.
Again, I hear cha ching.

Does he cheat? I am not sure, it's likely.
Has he changed since his days of philandering? Maybe.
Did he do a good job previously? Yes.

I mean I am more disturbed over Ashley Biden's diary.
Now that is disturbing and disgusting.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
1) The 45th President's moral issues with Christianity go away beyond abortion.

2) People seem to forget history -

Abortion was a "Catholic" problem throughout most of American history. Of course Protestant denominations support abortion rights, it wasn't (and really isn't) their issue. The political leaders of the Evangelical Christianity made it an issue for Evangelicals in an effort to get Catholics to join the Moral Majority and the Reagan Coalition.

Originally abortion was a small government, personal right issue, Catholic's only issue and the protestant Republicans were pro-abortion. The Democrats, who were strongly supported by blue collar Catholic, were anti-abortion.

And that all changed when Ronnie Raygun decided to let the Evangelicals call the shots in the GOP.

Protestants all went to the dark side regarding it as a right [not all] when Sanger wrote her book.
When the courts allowed it.
But historically, they were more in line with the Catholics.

Reagan did not force [nor twist arms] making democrats pro abortion.

He's a great Catholic?
It's been reversed.. but he's fighting it. He calls himself Catholic? He should have been happy and just kept quiet. IMH Catholic O

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So, nobosy is free to be both evangelical, and a politician?

I see a few blame games going on.

It reminds me of a man who punches a woman in the face and says 'You made me...'
It doesn't fly.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea about what he has done.
1. The one who won $85 million made a post several years ago how she loved the show The Apprentice.
Not a normal reaction from an alleged rape victim.
I would gander she is grandiose and not quite all in there. I think she created something in her head and actually decided to make money on it.
2. Stormy cannot say any identifying marks on Trump, but to say it was meh. I mean, I don't find her credible. On The Bill Maher show some years back she said it was not a me too thing.
Again, I hear cha ching.

Does he cheat? I am not sure, it's likely.
Has he changed since his days of philandering? Maybe.
Did he do a good job previously? Yes.

I mean I am more disturbed over Ashley Biden's diary.
Now that is disturbing and disgusting.
I think Trump is lying through his teeth with regard to his legal troubles.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ll went to the dark side regarding it as a right [not all] when Sanger wrote her book.
When the courts allowed it.
Margaret Sanger wrote several books (and had several papers published) between 1920-1940 - Which of these are you referring to ?

The SCOTUS overturned abortion laws in the US in 1973. In 1971 The Southern Baptist Convention wrote a supporting brief to the Court saying not only should abortion be allowed, it should be financially supported by the federal government as part of Medicare.

I'm afraid I don't quite know what events in which time period you're referring to here.

But historically, they were more in line with the Catholics.
Uh, I have to hard disagree. Historical facts are historical facts. I don't have to prove them, they just are. I recommend the reader do 5 minutes research on the subject using their favorite search engine.

Reagan did not force [nor twist arms] making democrats pro abortion.
Um, no one to my knowledge (and certainly not me) said they did.

So, nobosy is free to be both evangelical, and a politician?
As far as I'm concerned, you can be any two things you want to be. It was the evangelicals themselves who decided to stay out of politics until they decided to get in. And once in, decided to attempt to use abortion to get Catholics into their political fold. Again, this just history.

I see a few blame games going on.
Not from me. I don't blame anyone for anything. I was only making the point that historically, mainline Prods and Evangelicals didn't see abortion the same why Catholics do. It's a recent (and in my opinion) politically motivate theological change. I don't really understand why this set you off.

It reminds me of a man who punches a woman in the face and says 'You made me...'
It doesn't fly.
WA, I've been nice here, I'm just making conversation. Like people do.
Comparing me to a spousal abuser is just distasteful.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
CC when the courts said Yes, contraception is ok...
Boom.

UM...?
What?

CC says- Abortion was a "Catholic" problem throughout most of American history. Of course Protestant denominations support abortion rights, it wasn't (and really isn't) their issue.

Supreme Court deciding the right to Contraception

And we know Roe V Wade, Supreme Court ruling abortion was a right nationally.
Protestants eventually allowed for incest, rape etc. only vs as a form of contraception.
The same way they are now allow gay marriage, woke lifestyle and women pastors.
They have frequently took their belief cues from society norms.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA, I've been nice here, I'm just making conversation. Like people do.
Comparing me to a spousal abuser is just distasteful.
^^^ This.
Please clarify how Reagan LET Evangelicals call the shots?

1. Are you suggesting his own faith got in the way?
2. Are you suggesting his constituents called the shots?
3. Are you saying he allowed Supreme Court Evangelicals?

Because of the 3 things above, I have no issues with.
I don't have issues because my faith is first....

I see blame, but I am not seeing the motivation for the blame.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^^ This.
Please clarify how Reagan LET Evangelicals call the shots?

1. Are you suggesting his own faith got in the way?
2. Are you suggesting his constituents called the shots?
3. Are you saying he allowed Supreme Court Evangelicals?
Ok. Usually I charge to do research for people, but we go back a long a way so..........

{time passes}

I think you can get this with a library card.....
Chapter nine is specifically on the Reagan Administration, but the book goes back to Goldwater.

God's Own Party: The Making of the Christian Right
Daniel Williams
Because of the 3 things above, I have no issues with.
I don't have issues because my faith is first....

I see blame, but I am not seeing the motivation for the blame.
WA, there are times I really don't understand want you're saying, and this is one of them. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. Simply pointing out how things are (or, in this case, where) is not blaming. It's just conflicting with your historical verisimilitude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
CC when the courts said Yes, contraception is ok...
Boom.
.....Boom ?
UM...?
What?
Again, I understand you don't believe this, all anyone has to do is use the interwebs to find the history of abortion rights in America to see who was on what side and when.
Supreme Court deciding the right to Contraception

And we know Roe V Wade, Supreme Court ruling abortion was a right nationally.
Protestants eventually allowed for incest, rape etc. only vs as a form of contraception.
The same way they are now allow gay marriage, woke lifestyle and women pastors.
They have frequently took their belief cues from society norms.
Saying it don't make it a fact. A fact is fact. Facts are on my side on this. I don't have to argue.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ok. Usually I charge to do research for people, but we go back a long a way so..........

{time passes}

I think you can get this with a library card.....
Chapter nine is specifically on the Reagan Administration, but the book goes back to Goldwater.

God's Own Party: The Making of the Christian Right
Daniel Williams

WA, there are times I really don't understand want you're saying, and this is one of them. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. Simply pointing out how things are (or, in this case, where) is not blaming. It's just conflicting with your historical verisimilitude.
Historically our country was dominant Christian. Revisionism says no?

I was saying, being Christian, and my faith is first [so I am glad Reagan helped yield faith in the government if it was absent] because when countries discontinue faith in the Lord, there is always trouble [and we have ancient text to prove the Lord gets booted out, then stuff happens.]

Facts; court houses had Moses and the ten commandment statues. The forefathers did not want a single church as it was in England. But indeed they wanted faith to exist. They just did not want government to make any single one the institution of the states.

So, CC, as much as we are buddies of long [time passes] history happened, and it was also revised.
I could list the times that occurred.
Seriously, we see with our own eyes, then gaslighting.
The Holocaust didn't happen... etc
In the crusades today Hollyweird shows Catholics beheaded Muslims [although the Quran states for beheading infidels but let's not go there atm]

I was in a Catholic school back when, listening to the outrage of allowing stuff to be 'legal'.
Yes I know there were instances where contraception was medical, which could 'also seem' contraceptive, but revision now suggests it always existed. Not for the purpose of contracepting, which is important.

Daniel Williams, like any other, can revise, change, capitulate, moderate, investigate, innumerate, obfuscate and pirouette but certain operations were not for contracepting. Contraception occurred.
It is because of medicine, we sometimes accidentally have discovery.

Incidentally, the reason for it to go to court was to make it legal.
It was not legal..

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
.....Boom ?

Again, I understand you don't believe this, all anyone has to do is use the interwebs to find the history of abortion rights in America to see who was on what side and when.

Saying it don't make it a fact. A fact is fact. Facts are on my side on this. I don't have to argue.
I don't like arguing.
Abortion existed even in the Apostles time.
Also, leaving babies to die in bath houses also existed.

Wanting to end life or cease from having life has always been a thing - usually among the 'women of the night'.
Because it would curtail their income. etc

So if you want to agree these things always occurred and existed, yes. Because nothing new under the sun.

Being legal, acceptable practices for even lawfully married is another story.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ANYWHO - Biden says he is Catholic but his speeches and what issues he runs on shows that - like most anything he says - is fiction.

Biden is a role model for Catholicism because he professes he is Catholic.
What he ought to say is - I go to a Catholic Church although I cannot say I obey the teachings.
Then go from there.

Him getting up angry in front of the country because R V W is upended is a grotesque offense while still maintaining he has a good standing in the Church.

I need a buzzer for this... :boom:

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Historically our country was dominant Christian. Revisionism says no?

I was saying, being Christian, and my faith is first [so I am glad Reagan helped yield faith in the government if it was absent] because when countries discontinue faith in the Lord, there is always trouble [and we have ancient text to prove the Lord gets booted out, then stuff happens.]

Facts; court houses had Moses and the ten commandment statues. The forefathers did not want a single church as it was in England. But indeed they wanted faith to exist. They just did not want government to make any single one the institution of the states.
Actually, this view is the revisionist view.

See:

Also:

Also:
Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli: (Which is still in effect)

So, CC, as much as we are buddies of long [time passes] history happened, and it was also revised.
I could list the times that occurred.
Seriously, we see with our own eyes, then gaslighting.
The Holocaust didn't happen... etc
In the crusades today Hollyweird shows Catholics beheaded Muslims [although the Quran states for beheading infidels but let's not go there atm]
Yes, there is a lot of gaslighting going on, so much so that "gaslighting" is no longer used in its proper context. Mostly, it's social media, Web 2.0 and a lot of Oligarch money.

I was in a Catholic school back when, listening to the outrage of allowing stuff to be 'legal'.
Yes I know there were instances where contraception was medical, which could 'also seem' contraceptive, but revision now suggests it always existed. Not for the purpose of contracepting, which is important.
I'm sorry you've lot me here.....
Daniel Williams, like any other, can revise, change, capitulate, moderate, investigate, innumerate, obfuscate and pirouette but certain operations were not for contracepting. Contraception occurred.
It is because of medicine, we sometimes accidentally have discovery.

Incidentally, the reason for it to go to court was to make it legal.
It was not legal..
Who is the world is Danial Williams?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ANYWHO - Biden says he is Catholic but his speeches and what issues he runs on shows that - like most anything he says - is fiction.

Biden is a role model for Catholicism because he professes he is Catholic.
What he ought to say is - I go to a Catholic Church although I cannot say I obey the teachings.
Then go from there.

Him getting up angry in front of the country because R V W is upended is a grotesque offense while still maintaining he has a good standing in the Church.

I need a buzzer for this... :boom:
Curiosity question:

Can you give me the reference to a document that says it's necessary for a conscientious Catholic to work to limit the healthcare options of others in a secular democracy?

I KNOW people claim that this is the case, I'm just unable to find a document or source from the Church that says it explicitly.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Curiosity question:

Can you give me the reference to a document that says it's necessary for a conscientious Catholic to work to limit the healthcare options of others in a secular democracy?

I KNOW people claim that this is the case, I'm just unable to find a document or source from the Church that says it explicitly.

So here's the thing, if and when we pray the prayer of the Our Father - Are we not intending that it be likewise as it is in Heaven.
But this seems so simplistic, right?
Like the eternal life doesn't precisely matter on earth because the many varying ways people like to choose to believe.
So we ought not cause disruption for a zealous person is seen as a mental one.

If you like, outside the Bible, the testament of other early fathers who stood up to the secular promptings.

But maybe we hide the truth under a basket because it doesn't sit well with folks who do not agree, as free will says they may not, and on pretense hide away from bold faith.

ALSO - ABORTION is not healthcare - because the Bible tells us the LORD ABOVE knit us in the womb. HE KNEW US BEFORE He knit us.
That's truth. He basically wants HEALTHCARE for the babies.
WHERE is their healthcare?
Does a woman commit murder and not struggle with it?
If you are well read then certainly you know when a woman gets pregnant - the DNA of that child is now part of her brain - survival of the human race I gander.
ONE third of women who have abortions either commit suicide on the anniversary of the birthdate that didn't happen or the abortion.
HOW - CC - is that care? Let alone healthcare?
Once the baby is gone, that woman [if sane or caring] struggles through life from that decision.

AND NOW for IRONY...
Women are told to say to men - you cannot tell me what to do with my body ...
1. This is not their body. Their body is a temporary condition.
2. Men do NOT comprehend the battle they fight ever after. Nor do they care.. it's not DNA in their brains.
3. It's Hypocrisy to suggest there is even a smidge of healthcare involved in that decision.

I tell you my friend, the spirit world is not only eternal but vastly different and if we shy away from following the Lord, well there were many souls gone before us seek prayer and contrition.
"If" they were so lucky to receive a miracle at all of gaining time in purgatory.

Jesus said to make it to Heaven we must be perfect like the Father.
Ponder how far our personal journey is to that end.

Are we caring about the child??
And do we care the Almighty had plans for HIS Creation - His creation of a wanted soul?
His WILL?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟477,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, this view is the revisionist view.

See:

Also:

Also:
Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli: (Which is still in effect)

Yes, there is a lot of gaslighting going on, so much so that "gaslighting" is no longer used in its proper context. Mostly, it's social media, Web 2.0 and a lot of Oligarch money.

I'm sorry you've lot me here.....

Who is the world is Danial Williams?
I do not know but you have Daniel WIlliams in your quote.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^^ splain..
Geezz....

All you had to do was tell me the Dan Williams was the guy who wrote "God's own Party" I mean, there are about 100 Daniel Williams.

Now that I know who Daniel Williams is :

That's a peer reviewed book your talking about as if it's an X (or twitter or whatever) post. It's actually, you know, been verified as being, you know, correct and stuff. Claiming it's just someone else opinion is the kind weridy stuff that we have to put up with since Web 2.0.

Upvote 0