Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Edit--
Hi everyone. First off, thank you for your attention and for reading, and if you're interested, thank you for that as well. The purpose of this is to ask someone to be a mentor to me over the course of the semester. It's for an assignment in my business communications class, in which we are supposed to pick out our dream job and have someone mentor us that's successful in their field. Such as looking over my resume, answering various questions, and basically just give me advice, over the internet/the boards and email.

The inspiration of being a writer has motivated me to pursue a mentor to bring their objective points of view, and experience in helping me to have a more appreciation for this very special gift. If there's someone interested, please pm or email me.

Thank you all, and God bless,
zay

zay

praise Him for your testimony!
Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heh, no, it's not like that at all. It's a real assignment, I need someone to be a mentor to me for the next 1 1/2 months, believe it or not. I wasn't too happy about it, but I have to do it since it's one of my required classes. But I guess things aren't looking up right now.

Upvote 0

LondonsBurning

You Have to Answer to the Guns of Brixton
Aug 23, 2004
Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
✟7,982.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
zay said:
Heh, no, it's not like that at all. It's a real assignment, I need someone to be a mentor to me for the next 1 1/2 months, believe it or not. I wasn't too happy about it, but I have to do it since it's one of my required classes. But I guess things aren't looking up right now.

I still think you are lying, stalker...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

zay

Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To whom it may concern, primarily to the idiot that has taken my request out of context and has decided to use his negative energy to frustrate my attempt to seek people of same interest in their writing abilities, apparently this dispelled individual lacks insight or foresight and certainly has demonstrated his lack of intelligence. Therefore, if I receive any further negative insults from this individual I will report it to the necessary authorities with vigor and untiredness to see individuals such as him no longer misuses our 1st amendment rights. To those that may read this, it is solely meant to objectively correct this individual's lack of intelligence. It is in no way to frustrate those of sincere academic talent.

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Ok, first off, you dont want a mentor. Learn on your own, thats the best possible way. You develop your own style of writing, you learn at your own pace. Having a mentor is nice sometimes, but overall, its much better to learn on your own. Try it some day, sit down and write a short story, a few pages. Then go back and see what seems awkward or out of place and change it, do that for a while and youll start to see improvement

Upvote 0

zay

Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys, thank you both for the responses. I hear what you're saying AV, and I agree with you, but I guess I haven't explained this well enough. But thank you for the advice.

And Lessien, thank you as well, but if you can write, you can write, regardless of age. I hope that things work out for you in whatever you choose to do. :thumbsup:

But yeah guys, I think I'm just going to try to call some publishers, and call around and see what I can find. Thanks for reading, everyone take care and God bless.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
What I don't understand is why your school doesn't set you up with someone. Because if they want you to have a mentor, they can't expect you to just run out there and pull your connections out of a tophat! That's their job-I'd have some complaints about that. It doesn't seem like anyone teaching at the college level would give you an assignment without making sure you had the proper resources to complete it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ConstanceB

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past
Jan 29, 2005
Southern Oregon
✟14,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
:wave: Hello, Zay! I'd love to mentor you in this project. My strengths, I think, are aligned with your academic requirements. I've been a mentor for teachers, I've published a little, and I take the work of school as seriously as it seems you do. Read my Profile; pray; email "interview" if you like; pray some more. If it seems like a match, let's get started. Remember, by the way, I Timothy 4:12 - "Let no man despise thy youth." Constance

Upvote 0