Us
✟44,980.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive been called to music production, not so much a musician as I am a composer. I love what I do, and God has spared no expense in providing me with the tools to do it, and for that I am so grateful! However, im wondering, I adore my job, and I love the creative aspect, but will this skill transfer over into heaven?

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟71,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Others, please give your opinion.

As for me, being with Christ for eternity may very well be far more of interest.
But, you may very well have written songs that touched Him deeply.
Don't rule out the possibility that many before the Throne will eagerly listen in.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Others, please give your opinion.

As for me, being with Christ for eternity may very well be far more of interest.
But, you may very well have written songs that touched Him deeply.
Don't rule out the possibility that many before the Throne will eagerly listen in.
Amen.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ive been called to music production, not so much a musician as I am a composer. I love what I do, and God has spared no expense in providing me with the tools to do it, and for that I am so grateful! However, im wondering, I adore my job, and I love the creative aspect, but will this skill transfer over into heaven?

I hold to the belief that nothing that is truly good will be lost. The renewing and healing of all creation, including the resurrection of the dead and thus our future life in the Age to Come means not a lessening of life, beauty, and creativity; but rather that perfection of it. Why wouldn't there be music, and art, and poetry, and craftsmanship in the future age? I don't think we can compare the things of this present age with the unknowable glories of that future age, but surely it is better, not worse, than what we know now. Exactly and in what ways precisely, who can say? But it will certainly be good, and far better than we can conceive.

That which is truly good, that which is truly beautiful, that which is full of life, that surely will not pass away, but rather be magnified and illuminated by God's own glory and the healing of all things. We shall not be less human in the Age to Come, but more human.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hold to the belief that nothing that is truly good will be lost.
Yeah, I believe 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 and 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 testify that what is bad and useless will be burned and the food things will remain.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟44,980.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hold to the belief that nothing that is truly good will be lost. The renewing and healing of all creation, including the resurrection of the dead and thus our future life in the Age to Come means not a lessening of life, beauty, and creativity; but rather that perfection of it. Why wouldn't there be music, and art, and poetry, and craftsmanship in the future age? I don't think we can compare the things of this present age with the unknowable glories of that future age, but surely it is better, not worse, than what we know now. Exactly and in what ways precisely, who can say? But it will certainly be good, and far better than we can conceive.

That which is truly good, that which is truly beautiful, that which is full of life, that surely will not pass away, but rather be magnified and illuminated by God's own glory and the healing of all things. We shall not be less human in the Age to Come, but more human.

-CryptoLutheran
I appreciate this response so much! And in all honesty, looking back, I think I was under some demonic oppression. I had thoughts trying to convince me that heaven was going to be a boring worship experience forever and ever. But God has helped me see through that now and look at what the scriptures actually say! Which shows us reigning, far from being in constant church!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟812,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Heaven or in The World To Come? In the renewed Earth I believe so, as @ViaCrucis says so eloquently. In Heaven itself as your question asks, no I don't think so. I have not seen a lot of evidence in scripture that Heaven functions like Earth in an Earthly economy as it were. But I am certainly open to be wrong on that point.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟44,980.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Heaven or in The World To Come? In the renewed Earth I believe so, as @ViaCrucis says so eloquently. In Heaven itself as your question asks, no I don't think so. I have not seen a lot of evidence in scripture that Heaven functions like Earth in an Earthly economy as it were. But I am certainly open to be wrong on that point.
Yeah I meant more in the eternal state

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums